ADVERTISEMENT

Did you know Gonzaga

Win ONE for long suffering Gamecock fans, Frank Martin, me. USC and Frank get money for Under Armorer. I own some shares which have taken a beating lately. In the past few days, however, a couple of analysts have upgraded the stock.

Our football motto is "Undefeated since 1941"

Clemson has you (and everyone) beat. They are undefeated for all time. That's over 100 years ... because no one ever beats Clemson ... Clemson only beats themselves!!!

Clemson has you (and everyone) beat. They are undefeated for all time. That's over 100 years ... because no one ever beats Clemson ... Clemson only beats themselves!!!

Hard to talk football smack when all you've got is GU Law School intramurals vs Undergrads .... but Gonzaga can lay the same "Pro Football Hall of Fame" alumni beatdown on Klempshun (and their "zero" total members of the HoF)
http://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/colleges/

Oh .... and KNOWING how much Zag history has been appreciated on this board (i.e. in your living room) I'll share this tidbit. In Dec. '97 (when Gonzaga was 0-1 alltime in the NCAA tourney) the Zags ran into the #5 ranked Tigers. It didn't end well for Klempson as they lost 84-71 The Zags 24 wins that season wasn't enough to get them to the dance .... but the following year ('99) was the Elite 8 so your neighbors helped start this "cute little run" of the Zags.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-to-stun-5th-ranked-Clemson-84-71.html?pg=all

Last edited:
Reactions: tngamecock#
"Left coast"? Columbia is much, much more liberal than Spokane will ever be.
That's very likely true.
However, the campus itself (as are neighborhoods around it) is very liberal, and most of our alumni are originally from Seattle or Portland.
So, despite me thinking that GoZags1 has been nothing but informative and responsive, being told to take our panty-waist left coast selves back to wherever we drink good coffee in the rain is just fine. Very few would take that as anything but a compliment. :)
The West Coast is different than the southeast, most of us love it that way and I'm sure you all feel the same about SC. Isn't it supposed to be that way?
I've always wanted to visit Columbia and Charleston, been to Myrtle Beach, nice place. Not as nice as Florence, but .... :)
BTW - that was funny, can't recall who started it, but it was pretty good.

That's very likely true.
However, the campus itself (as are neighborhoods around it) is very liberal, and most of our alumni are originally from Seattle or Portland.
So, despite me thinking that GoZags1 has been nothing but informative and responsive, being told to take our panty-waist left coast selves back to wherever we drink good coffee in the rain is just fine. Very few would take that as anything but a compliment. :)
The West Coast is different than the southeast, most of us love it that way and I'm sure you all feel the same about SC. Isn't it supposed to be that way?
I've always wanted to visit Columbia and Charleston, been to Myrtle Beach, nice place. Not as nice as Florence, but .... :)
BTW - that was funny, can't recall who started it, but it was pretty good.

Don't let a few message board morons reflect an entire fan base. The Gonzaga posters on here have been very cordial and had good insight and discussion. At least the ones I've seen. I still want to beat the tar off of you, but if you win, I will be pulling for you to beat UNCheat or Oregon.

Reactions: atl-cock
ADVERTISEMENT