ADVERTISEMENT

Didn't know if the Braves adding Ozuna was such a great move, but he sure looks good

Now, if we could get one more solid starter. Tough when you lose 4 of initial 5 starters. But, alas, Dodgers vs Rays in World Series. Since the Braves faced them earlier in the season....the Rays are on fire. But, if we get Acuna, Albies and an arm or two back....who knows. Injuries can happen on their side of the field as well. GO BRAVOS! Nice to see a thread without any political crap in it. And, by the way, it is SEPTEMBER...finally. Come on Gamecock football. Stun Tennessee.

When Ozuna connects, the ball travels a long long way. Upgrade from Donaldson to me because it puts Riley at 3rd
Yep, really hated to lose JD, but Ozuna has fit right in and Donaldson has been on the DL most of the season!

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeypen
When Ozuna connects, the ball travels a long long way. Upgrade from Donaldson to me because it puts Riley at 3rd

Agreed! Riley has finally stopped swinging at sliders low and away (at least for the most part), and he is playing a mean 3rd base, almost as good as Donaldson.

Ozuna is not the gold glover he used to be, but he plays an adequate left field, no worse than Riley did last year. Austin wasn't horrible out there, but he is obviously more comfortable playing third.

So yes, good all around.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
If the Braves had 3 seriously good starters to go along with the best bullpen the franchise has ever had, they could be a championship contender.

I don’t see the starting pitching to make that happen.

Reactions: mavcock
If Snitker could manage and quit playing guys like Ender, Flowers, Luke Jackson and Robbie Erlin they’d be closer to the Dodgers.

With him as manager we will be lucky to win a playoff series. Last year proved that. One start for Soroka (Ace). None for Fried (Cy young candidate this year). Two for Folty (Gwinnett) and 2 for Keuchel (gone and underachieved in a Braves uniform).

As far as Fried/Folty in that situation, I would think you would lean toward experience! Plus Folty had been pretty good up to that last start!

Bobby Cox was the pro version of Ray. He pulled the right move when sometimes you were scratching your head. Snit is a nice guy but questionable decisions. Flowers should be released. Can't hit and let's at least one ball get by every game. Most of the time it's on a crucial situation. When Ozzie Congress back, whst happens to Camargo? Excellent defense and speed. Seems to get big hits. Ender has a great glove but weak at the dish. Culbertson needs to be somewhere. Jackson should be gone.

Reactions: mavcock
As far as Fried/Folty in that situation, I would think you would lean toward experience! Plus Folty had been pretty good up to that last start!

Keuchel was mediocre at best. Folty spent most of that same season with the Stripers....not to mention the ten run disaster. Soroka and Fried had been as consistent as anyone on the staff. I’d go with the guys that got you to the playoffs not the guys with the most experience. I see your perspective, just disagree with it. Ender has more experience than Acuna, but I wouldn’t start Ender over Acuna.

Snit has won the division the last two years, not sure they were picked to, in his first time managing in the bigs! Add up the projected starters, mound and position players that have missed games this year and I think he's done a hell of a job, not sure what more you could ask for and I would bet money he had Bobby's recommendation to be the skipper!

Reactions: deryl49
Snit has won the division the last two years, not sure they were picked to, in his first time managing in the bigs! Add up the projected starters, mound and position players that have missed games this year and I think he's done a hell of a job, not sure what more you could ask for and I would bet money he had Bobby's recommendation to be the skipper!

MUCH better management of a pitching staff.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Fried and Anderson are capable of winning as the #1 and #2 starters in the playoffs. They really need someone to step up as the #3 that can pitch well in the postseason. Siroka was a huge loss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT