ADVERTISEMENT

DirecTV public service announcement

EssoClub2

Jul 24, 2006
DirecTV users, public service announcement. Call 1-800-778-3397 and ask for your "Holiday Loyalty Discount" You will get between $15.00 and $60.00 per month off your monthly bill. Every little bit helps. I got $20 discount per month, Showtime for 4 months (don't have to call to cancel ), and $5 per month off the regional sports pack. My relative in SC got $60.00 per month discount for 12 months. Anyway, it is worth a call.

Actually no. The AT&T rep told me that some of the Facebook stuff was a hoax, but that long term members that were not already getting a discount are eligible for the Loyalty Discount. He looked up my account and within 2 minutes cut $55 off off my bill for 12 months.

Actually no. The AT&T rep told me that some of the Facebook stuff was a hoax, but that long term members that were not already getting a discount are eligible for the Loyalty Discount. He looked up my account and within 2 minutes cut $55 off off my bill for 12 months.

Ok. I’ll bite. I’m not a current subscriber. What will they do for newbies? Anything?

Ok. I’ll bite. I’m not a current subscriber. What will they do for newbies? Anything?

you can get almost almond st everything they offer for 2 years for less than 60 a month , with free installs and free NFL ticket the first year as a newbie. Plus , they were offering a 250 dollar visa gift card. They won’t do anything like that to keep an existing customer though:-(

Reactions: yemacock
Give them a call and find out just how much they'll do to get your business. You'll feel like a Clemson football recruit by the end of the phone call. The satellite and cable companies are all about gaining new customers. It's keeping the existing ones they typically don't give a crap about. Nice to see that at least one of the companies is learning that keeping an existing customer means not having to lure in a new one.

Thanks for the info. I received $60 per month off for a year, another $15 off forever and $12 off for either 4 or 6 months.

Definitely worth a call. Of course being a customer for 23 years didn’t hurt.

Thanks again.

Reactions: EssoClub2
DirecTV users, public service announcement. Call 1-800-778-3397 and ask for your "Holiday Loyalty Discount" You will get between $15.00 and $60.00 per month off your monthly bill. Every little bit helps. I got $20 discount per month, Showtime for 4 months (don't have to call to cancel ), and $5 per month off the regional sports pack. My relative in SC got $60.00 per month discount for 12 months. Anyway, it is worth a call.

This is one of the happiest posts ever.

Thanks for the info. I received $60 per month off for a year, another $15 off forever and $12 off for either 4 or 6 months.

Definitely worth a call. Of course being a customer for 23 years didn’t hurt.

Thanks again.

glad it worked for you ! Merry Christmas

Reactions: Golden Cock
My son in law just called them and got $40 off per month for a year, plus HBO, SHOWTIME AND CINEMAX free for 6 months.

Great , everyone that has Direcctv should call . The lowest i have seen is about 20 per month

I just saved $50/mo, boys and girls! The girl told me that the Holiday Loyalty Discount was fake, however she would look at my account and see if there was anything they could do for me. I appreciate the heads up!

I just saved $50/mo, boys and girls! The girl told me that the Holiday Loyalty Discount was fake, however she would look at my account and see if there was anything they could do for me. I appreciate the heads up!

I think it’s showing up in their system now as a “loyalty discount rather than a holiday loyalty discount. “ I might have been wrong to have said “ holiday “ in the OP , but glad it worked !

Reactions: JOHNS767
Give them a call and find out just how much they'll do to get your business. You'll feel like a Clemson football recruit by the end of the phone call. The satellite and cable companies are all about gaining new customers. It's keeping the existing ones they typically don't give a crap about. Nice to see that at least one of the companies is learning that keeping an existing customer means not having to lure in a new one.

This sounds like it has to be an NCAA recruiting violation, and I’m turning every last one of you in ... (the verifiable Taters at least)

I told Charter I was cancelling my TV and telephone with them unless they gave me the same deal they were giving everybody else that hasn’t been paying them for the last 5 years like I have. They wouldn’t go that far, but they did knock off $30/mo for 1 year. I am going to see what AT&T will do if I bundle my wireless in with everything else (TV + home phone).

It’s weird. I live in the Greenville suburbs, but AT&T can’t deliver U-Verse or their new Fiber Network to my neighborhood. The only high speed ISP’s available are DISH and Charter/Spectrum (C/S). The best AT&T can do is the old DSL internet at a whopping 4mbps, and I do not trust DISH as an ISP because I do not know 1 person that has any experience with their internet service, plus their prices and speeds advertised are no better than C/S. It’s kinda like the devil you know vs the one you don’t.

I got $20 a month off for a year plus Cinemax free for six months. Supposedly Cinemax will automatically cancel, but since DTV is notorious for getting my bill wrong, I’m not going to hold my breath.

This sounds like it has to be an NCAA recruiting violation, and I’m turning every last one of you in ... (the verifiable Taters at least)

I told Charter I was cancelling my TV and telephone with them unless they gave me the same deal they were giving everybody else that hasn’t been paying them for the last 5 years like I have. They wouldn’t go that far, but they did knock off $30/mo for 1 year. I am going to see what AT&T will do if I bundle my wireless in with everything else (TV + home phone).

It’s weird. I live in the Greenville suburbs, but AT&T can’t deliver U-Verse or their new Fiber Network to my neighborhood. The only high speed ISP’s available are DISH and Charter/Spectrum (C/S). The best AT&T can do is the old DSL internet at a whopping 4mbps, and I do not trust DISH as an ISP because I do not know 1 person that has any experience with their internet service, plus their prices and speeds advertised are no better than C/S. It’s kinda like the devil you know vs the one you don’t.

I call Charter ever year or so and get my gripe discount. I’ve had them and their predecessors since they came to Greenville.

I have Directv at my Lake house near Chapin for 23 years. I was happy with my take aways from them tonight.

Thanks Esso. Worked awesome. I got $50 per month and free HBO for 6 months. They claimed HBO would automatically drop off after 6 months, and I wouldn't be charged. Time will tell but still $600 in savings is awesome. Much appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT