ADVERTISEMENT

DirecTV public service announcement

Well..... I called and all I got was an earful of a recording of some lady speaking in Spanish. All I understood was at the end of the recording when she said “gracias and adios”.
Help a Directv brother hook up with lower prices. Gracias and adios.

Well..... I called and all I got was an earful of a recording of some lady speaking in Spanish. All I understood was at the end of the recording when she said “gracias and adios”.
Help a Directv brother hook up with lower prices. Gracias and adios.
Me too. I called again and the recording said the office was closed until 8am.

Reactions: yemacock
What number are you calling? The number on the thread is a message in Spanish and then hangs up

I already was getting a small discount so I didn't qualify for more. I did get the movie channels for free.

Reactions: EssoClub2
What number are you calling? The number on the thread is a message in Spanish and then hangs up
try the number in the OP again. I think the number was forwarded to an after hours support line at some point during the night.

DirecTV users, public service announcement. Call 1-800-778-3397 and ask for your "Holiday Loyalty Discount" You will get between $15.00 and $60.00 per month off your monthly bill. Every little bit helps. I got $20 discount per month, Showtime for 4 months (don't have to call to cancel ), and $5 per month off the regional sports pack. My relative in SC got $60.00 per month discount for 12 months. Anyway, it is worth a call.
I got $20 a month a HBO for 6 months....ThankS!!!

Hell to the yeah. I got 60 off for 12 months and showtime for 4. Thanks to whoever started this and merry Christmas to you all.

This is great because I was thinking of cancelling DTV because I feel as if they charge too much-$130 PM and that's without movie channels or a special sports package plus they just sent me an email that said they would be increasing rates as of 01/2018. I feel I should be paying about $50 pm for the package I get. They could charge me that and still make money. They have been dropping services the past few years anyway-they no longer support customer email contact with them, they have dropped channels, they no longer have utube, they dropped a card game channel, etc. but they still want to increase their rates. They haven't been out here in years and that was to gimme a freebie receiver.

This sounds like it has to be an NCAA recruiting violation, and I’m turning every last one of you in ... (the verifiable Taters at least)

I told Charter I was cancelling my TV and telephone with them unless they gave me the same deal they were giving everybody else that hasn’t been paying them for the last 5 years like I have. They wouldn’t go that far, but they did knock off $30/mo for 1 year. I am going to see what AT&T will do if I bundle my wireless in with everything else (TV + home phone).

It’s weird. I live in the Greenville suburbs, but AT&T can’t deliver U-Verse or their new Fiber Network to my neighborhood. The only high speed ISP’s available are DISH and Charter/Spectrum (C/S). The best AT&T can do is the old DSL internet at a whopping 4mbps, and I do not trust DISH as an ISP because I do not know 1 person that has any experience with their internet service, plus their prices and speeds advertised are no better than C/S. It’s kinda like the devil you know vs the one you don’t.
I don’t recommend Uverse tv. Not a lot of options. I have at&t cell, direct tv, AT&T Home protection (which they won’t bundle) Uverse Internet. I’m happy with all. Live outside of Charleston and have a 5th wheel permanently parked at the lake and I get good phone service inside and out at the Lake. No other phone service works at the lake outside of Eutawville. They are doing a lot for first time customers

I already was getting a small discount so I didn't qualify for more. I did get the movie channels for free.

I have their unlimited cell phone plan and that gets me an automatic $25 discount and free HBO. That’s probably why I only got an extra $20 off a month and I was more surprised they gave me Cinemax for 6 months. I also got their annual email saying they were raising their rates. Once my contract is up in April, I’ll cancel the second they refuse to give me anymore promotions.

I was surprised as well, and it was very brief and easy. The rep told me that it was not actually a holiday discount but something the regularly do for longtime customers. They cut $20 from my bill; will compare when next bill arrives.

Thanks for posting. Just got $40 off a month for 12 months and free HBO channels for six months w/auto drop off.
Wanting to forward this to my parents but they've only been a DTV customer for a little more than a year. Anyone by chance know how long you have to be a customer with them to get the deal?

Thanks for posting. Just got $40 off a month for 12 months and free HBO channels for six months w/auto drop off.
Wanting to forward this to my parents but they've only been a DTV customer for a little more than a year. Anyone by chance know how long you have to be a customer with them to get the deal?

they will probably get 20 bucks a month and some free premiums

Reactions: SCcocks4ever
I just called and got $50 off for 12 months, free showtime for 4 months and free sports pack for 6 months.

7292993e-8bec-47a1-a335-46b65a815c0d_text.gif

A family member got $40 off per month for 12 months, $10 off sports package for 6 months, free HBO (CH 501-511) for 6 months auto drop off, and free upgrade to genie digital VCR with upcharge waived for 24 months and free installation. Note that genie requires 2 year lease of equipment. If service dropped you must return equipment and a $10 per month surcharge prorated for unused months. The 12 month loyalty discount can be re-applied for annually.

they will probably get 20 bucks a month and some free premiums
After I got your response above, I let them know. Turns out he has all the premiums already... so they lowered the price of those channels and took enough off his monthly bill to lower it by a total of $75.00 a month. On top of that, they are sending them a free wireless genie.
Thanks a bunch man.:)

After I got your response above, I let them know. Turns out he has all the premiums already... so they lowered the price of those channels and took enough off his monthly bill to lower it by a total of $75.00 a month. On top of that, they are sending them a free wireless genie.
Thanks a bunch man.:)

Wow .. that is fantastic 75 x 12 = real money !

Man thanks, I have two accounts, one in Ga and one in Fla and got Fitty-Five off Ga for 1 yr with free showtime, and Fitty off Fl for 1 year. Made my day.

worth a try regardless how long they have been with DTV

DirecTV users, public service announcement. Call 1-800-778-3397 and ask for your "Holiday Loyalty Discount" You will get between $15.00 and $60.00 per month off your monthly bill. Every little bit helps. I got $20 discount per month, Showtime for 4 months (don't have to call to cancel ), and $5 per month off the regional sports pack. My relative in SC got $60.00 per month discount for 12 months. Anyway, it is worth a call.
Thanks for the $105/mo. I just saved. Can buy some new shoes now!

Spurs up???

$55 a month for 12 months, free Showtime for 4 months, free Genie upgrade plus sending me out a new secondary DVR that has gotten a bit wonky over the years.
Thanks Esso

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT