ADVERTISEMENT

Dirtiest Gamecock Player Ever (any sport)

DarkCock

Jan 21, 2006
Just curious if we ever consider one of our own players dirty. I can't think of anyone who stands out, off the top of my head. Certainly we have some aggressive players...DJ Swearinger, Jimmy Foster, Michael Carrera come to mind. However, I don't recall an particular incident of dirty play. Even when Carrera broke another player's arm, he was playing hard like always.

We might need the assist of some old timers on this one.

While I am not going to say dirty

Kinlaw has the right mind Set to give a few opponents a trip to the trainer for further evaluation

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkCock
Interesting. We've had some real hard hitters in football and some guys that everyone knew wouldn't stand for any crap in basketball (LOL! ALL of the McGuire Era players), but I can't think of any who developed late or hidden-from-the-refs shoves, hits, kicks, etc. None on the order of Mizzou's WBB team. Those gals are EXPERTS!

Reactions: 92Pony and chick75
BJ McKie put a brutal elbow in a Florida guy's face. Florida dude was asking for it.

How could we forget the Chief? I don't know if he was dirty on the field, but I've seen him bouncing basketballs off the heads of random bar patrons before.

Last edited:
Ribock was a little before my time but I've talked to some guys that played with him and they all said he was one bad mofo. Jimmy Foster, too. Wasn't he on the lam for some time....something 'bout "borrowing" a car?

Just curious if we ever consider one of our own players dirty. I can't think of anyone who stands out, off the top of my head. Certainly we have some aggressive players...DJ Swearinger, Jimmy Foster, Michael Carrera come to mind. However, I don't recall an particular incident of dirty play. Even when Carrera broke another player's arm, he was playing hard like always.

John Ribock!! When he hit Lefty he had already decked Terp forward Jack Neal. These were days we will never see again. The ACC schools hated McQuire and the feeling was mutual.
The Acc tournament is a complete joke now, everyone goes to the dance.

Last edited:
Reactions: joelft2001
BJ McKie is one of my all time favorites in any sport, but that dude could pull on some jersey's and draw a foul better than anyone. I saw him pull multiple guys down on top of him and draw that foul call.

Jimmy Foster.

. . . . but we still loved him.

I think Ribock popped Lefty Driesell while Dennis Powell was holding him
Nice first post. It's almost entirely wrong, but don't let that bother you. First, it was tiny little Jimmy Powell, not Dennis Powell. Lefty was fool enough to go at Ribock from behind to try to save one of his players, Powell tried to get Lefty away. Ribock just swung around and let fly. He certainly didn't process whom he was hitting. It happened really fast.

Now Sports Illustrated captured the moment perfectly and started the myth that you're trying to perpetuate.

And yes. I was there.

Nice first post. It's almost entirely wrong, but don't let that bother you. First, it was tiny little Jimmy Powell, not Dennis Powell. Lefty was fool enough to go at Ribock from behind to try to save one of his players, Powell tried to get Lefty away. Ribock just swung around and let fly. He certainly didn't process whom he was hitting. It happened really fast.

Now Sports Illustrated captured the moment perfectly and started the myth that you're trying to perpetuate.

And yes. I was there.

Heavens!!! SI publish a lie about anything to do with South Carolina?

I still think there was an old -60's 'Freshman Year Flunky' from NYC working for the magazine who ghost-wrote the steroid articles for Tommy Chicken (Chaiken).

I played basketball with Jimmy Foster and still haven't seen a dirtier player. Even in middle school he was brutal. I guess that's what made him good

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT