ADVERTISEMENT

Discussion, Dale Murphy hall of fame.

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
Yes.
2nd only to Mike Schmidt in HR in the 80s.
2 time MVP
7 all star.
5 gold gloves
4 silver slugger
2 time HR leader
2 time RBI leader
2111 hits
398 HR
1266 RBI
Great ambassador for the game.
No.
There is no no . He is Dale Murphy.

Yes.
2nd only to Mike Schmidt in HR in the 80s.
2 time MVP
7 all star.
5 gold gloves
4 silver slugger
2 time HR leader
2 time RBI leader
2111 hits
398 HR
1266 RBI
Great ambassador for the game.
No.
There is no no . He is Dale Murphy.

Dale would have been a shoe in if he hadn’t lost it so quick....couple three more solid yrs would've done it....& lord he played on some awful teams

Dale would have been a shoe in if he hadn’t lost it so quick....couple three more solid yrs would've done it....& lord he played on some awful teams
Yeah, I totally agree the last couple of years with Philly. He just wasnt the same.

Huge Murphy fan growing up. Listen the Braves on the radio as a kid .

Without a doubt he should be in. To put up the numbers he did with what he had around him was impressive. The best guy he played with in his prime was Bob Horner and that’s a stretch at best. 2 more homeruns and it wouldn’t even be a discussion.

He should absolutely be in the HoF. He played on some really crap teams without any protection. He started chasing the outside pitch because they never gave him anything to hit. Don Sutton use to say he knew he could always beat the Braves because he was content to give up solo shots to Murph and Horner and then he’d win 5-2.

Reactions: jeff2001
One of my favorites. Got a picture with him when I went up to Cooperstown one year.

I do believe he should be in. He did it steroid free. He did it on some awful teams. Had he had anything in front or behind him in the lineup he would’ve been a shoe in for the Hall.

I also think the numbers tend to get watered down today. Back then 25 HRs & 100 RBIs in a season was great. Now most power hitters have that by the All Star break.

Reactions: jeff2001
One of my favorites. Got a picture with him when I went up to Cooperstown one year.

I do believe he should be in. He did it steroid free. He did it on some awful teams. Had he had anything in front or behind him in the lineup he would’ve been a shoe in for the Hall.

I also think the numbers tend to get watered down today. Back then 25 HRs & 100 RBIs in a season was great. Now most power hitters have that by the All Star break.
You bring up a good point with the numbers being watered down. It made me think back and realize he was also the sixth player in MLB history to hit 30 homeruns and steal 30 stolen bases in a single season.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
You bring up a good point with the numbers being watered down. It made me think back and realize he was also the sixth player in MLB history to hit 30 homeruns and steal 30 stolen bases in a single season.

Stealing bases is such a lost art.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT