ADVERTISEMENT

Discussion, Sterling Sharpe and the hall of fame.

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
1988-1994
595 catches 2nd only the Rice
8134 yards 3rd in yards
65 TDs. 2nd only to Rice.
Yes Great player with great stats.
No, too short of a career.

Ultimately the Hall rewards longevity. Without the neck injury he was a shoe in. Unfortunately it is highly unlikely he will ever get in. Still in my mind the best WR not named Jerry Rice I have ever seen play football.

Reactions: Wiles2
Reactions: taiwancock
this is one of those give it time/timing situations and in a few years when we don't have the normal big handful or 3/4 of the "shoe ins" he may get his call.

this is one of those give it time/timing situations and in a few years when we don't have the normal big handful or 3/4 of the "shoe ins" he may get his call.

Unfortunately I think it’s going to be worse. As time goes on and as NFL offenses get more pass happy, it will be more difficult for Sterling to get in.

Sterling holds a special place in Gamecock country and Green Bay. It will be harder to make that national as time goes on.

Unfortunately I think it’s going to be worse. As time goes on and as NFL offenses get more pass happy, it will be more difficult for Sterling to get in.

Sterling holds a special place in Gamecock country and Green Bay. It will be harder to make that national as time goes on.

While you may & likely are right
I'm going to hold on to my slim hope in this case, its like being a Gamecock football fan for life (some consider it a curse), I choose to embrace it even with the pain...... because in those rare moments when we grab a piece of the stage that the world thinks we have no place in being there, those moments are the SWEETEST !

& then there's DAWN who just owns the dang thing !

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
While you may & likely are right
I'm going to hold on to my slim hope in this case, its like being a Gamecock football fan for life (some consider it a curse), I choose to embrace it even with the pain...... because in those rare moments when we grab a piece of the stage that the world thinks we have no place in being there, those moments are the SWEETEST !

& then there's DAWN who just owns the dang thing !

I agree. I have a sweet Sterling Gamecock Jersey. Trust me I’m pulling for him.

Dawn Staley may have her own wing in the basketball hall of fame. In fact I predict she will get in as a coach before she even retires from here.

He was a great player and his career was on a Hall of Fame trajectory. As things are, admitting him would only be more evidence of what we are seeing with the Baseball Hall of Fame: inclusion is becoming less meaningful, which diminishes the honor for those who unquestionably deserve it. If I were sports czar, Sterling would not go in. It's a matter of career brevity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT