ADVERTISEMENT

Do Gamecock Fans.....

uscalumni

Sep 2, 2001
Aiken, SC
feel Kingston is going in the right direction? I think he is. 2019 was not a good year, but 2020 and this year seem to be pretty good. What do you guys think. I also think Landon Powell would be a SUPER COACH at USC. GO COCKS

USCALUMNI

Things seem pretty good right now. I'm excited to see how the rest of the season -- and POSTSEASON -- play out.

I do wish we could avoid having the whole team go into those temporary slumps instead of just a guy or two. But thankfully we usually seem to work around it.

Things seem pretty good right now. I'm excited to see how the rest of the season -- and POSTSEASON -- play out.

I do wish we could avoid having the whole team go into those temporary slumps instead of just a guy or two. But thankfully we usually seem to work around it.

I think Kingston is having a good year, I hope he is able to elevate it to Ray Tanner level. (Baseball Coach that is)

USCALUMNI

Reactions: Legendary Cock
feel Kingston is going in the right direction? I think he is. 2019 was not a good year, but 2020 and this year seem to be pretty good. What do you guys think. I also think Landon Powell would be a SUPER COACH at USC. GO COCKS

USCALUMNI
Absolutely. Most people who closely follow baseball on a regular basis expected 2019 to be a down year....we had lost all our pitching from the previous year and then suffered some pretty devastating injuries either preseason or early in the year. It was the roster that Holbrook left us. Kingston is a very good coach and proved that the prior year when he took a team Holbrook couldn't do anything with and got them to the Supers.

Reactions: uscalumni
Personally I like Kingston. I cannot tell the future- and there are a lot of variables involved in what level of success a coach will have- but he is intelligent, well spoken, knows how to address problems by making changes, and seems to have a very level headed demeanor which I feel the team had adopted. They never get too up or too down, and seem to know they are always in a game... I think that is why they have so many comeback wins- the mindset instilled in them from the coach has created a team that never panics and always believes in themselves.

Personally I like Kingston. I cannot tell the future- and there are a lot of variables involved in what level of success a coach will have- but he is intelligent, well spoken, knows how to address problems by making changes, and seems to have a very level headed demeanor which I feel the team had adopted. They never get too up or too down, and seem to know they are always in a game... I think that is why they have so many comeback wins- the mindset instilled in them from the coach has created a team that never panics and always believes in themselves.
I do love his even keel!

Like what I'm seeing but he's gotta recruit his tail off. Vandy, Arkansas, Florida, these teams are loaded for bear. We have to be back where you're scanning the All SEC/All American lists and seeing Gamecocks everywhere. Tired of hearing about all the major leaguers at "Vandy Boys"

(And yes I know about Vandy's recruiting advantage, but still. We gotta load up with studs)

Like what I'm seeing but he's gotta recruit his tail off. Vandy, Arkansas, Florida, these teams are loaded for bear. We have to be back where you're scanning the All SEC/All American lists and seeing Gamecocks everywhere. Tired of hearing about all the major leaguers at "Vandy Boys"

(And yes I know about Vandy's recruiting advantage, but still. We gotta load up with studs)
He is. This year we had a consensus top 10 recruiting class (guys are on the field now). And the coming years are projected even better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT