ADVERTISEMENT

Do not adjust your set

gamecockdad

Aug 19, 2002
USC digital media is having serious connection issues...I've fired off a couple of emails to Steve Fink and the media dept. this after spending nearly an hour on the phone with Charter thinking it was them again. I'll reply if they reply with an update...

Reactions: CAIN# and mja
USC digital media is having serious connection issues...I've fired off a couple of emails to Steve Fink and the media dept. this after spending nearly an hour on the phone with Charter thinking it was them again. I'll reply if they reply with an update...

Reply from Steve Fink:
Mr. Stanley: Thanks for the heads up. I took the liberty of forwarding your concerns to the people who handle our live streaming. They believe that this is a question for the network. We send the feed to the network and they handle transcoding for digital delivery. David Cockfield, our Director of Live Operations, said he would contact the network today and see if they can get the problem resolved.

All the best,

Steve Fink
Assistant AD/Media Relations
University of South Carolina

Mr. Fink will needs to bring more heat to this problem directly. The "network", whoever that is, is going to ignore him until he and/or Tanner and/or Pastides makes it important enough. If the feed is atrocious again for the K State game, I'm going to email Mr. Fink about it too. They need to understand how terrible this was.

The problem has been fixed.
Broken-cable.jpg

(Disclaimer - this post is not a serious response. :p )

The baseball game yesterday was unwatchable! I thought it was me, I reloaded the router firmware twice, rebooted the modem and router, changed my switch, tried wifi, tried a different cable, changed my DNS servers, and did about a zillion other things, then realized it was the USC feed! I checked out a bunch of other streaming games and all were fine.

The baseball game yesterday was unwatchable! I thought it was me, I reloaded the router firmware twice, rebooted the modem and router, changed my switch, tried wifi, tried a different cable, changed my DNS servers, and did about a zillion other things, then realized it was the USC feed! I checked out a bunch of other streaming games and all were fine.
Same here..I had several ah-ha moments trying different things like you said you tried. It would work for about 20 seconds and freeze up...on Roku, Apple TV, Phone, iPad ....nuttin...anyway, I got another reply, this one from Matt at USC digital services:
Hi, Robert. We've asked ESPN to look into this issue. USC has nothing to do with the stream delivery. We provide the game feed to ESPN from our control room and they handle it from there. I'll let you know if they can tell us what they find. Thanks for contacting me.

-Matt

Reply from Steve Fink:
Mr. Stanley: Thanks for the heads up. I took the liberty of forwarding your concerns to the people who handle our live streaming. They believe that this is a question for the network. We send the feed to the network and they handle transcoding for digital delivery. David Cockfield, our Director of Live Operations, said he would contact the network today and see if they can get the problem resolved.

All the best,

Steve Fink
Assistant AD/Media Relations
University of South Carolina

Good work man.

ADVERTISEMENT