ADVERTISEMENT

Do we have a chance at 5* A.J. Terrell

AJ Terrell is rated 5* due to measureables...He doesn't play like a 5*...The taters will have to really coach him up...But everything i hear says he is Clemons bound

go

watch the videos for yourself...He was a 3* before he went to all the camps and mearsured at 6'2"...So everyone that evaluated his tape thought he was 3*...But his offers spiked so they bumped up his rating...He hasn't played any games since he was 3*..Based on his tape he is a 3* corner that might be special because he is tall and fast

He was a 4 star that got bumped. Players get bumped and dropped all the time and no player gets ranked in the top 10 just for measurables. He hasn't played any games just like our guys we have committed haven't. So are you saying Greene who is going to get bumped to a 4 star shouldn't get bumped because he hasn't played a game?

It sucks they are getting the nations best CB but it's benefiting us because they stopped recruiting a very good Cb that we will now get because of it.

Good point. For that matter why choose Clemson-considering only 7% of the student body is African American?

So USC is a better choice because it's 10% vs 7% African American (and then Florida is totally out because it is 6%)? The question is, really, why go to a questionable situation with a potential short-term coach when you can go to a consistent winner? If USC starts winning again, it will make sense for a 5* like him to consider them.

I want every kid to go where they want. If it's USC if its clemson or however
unlike other teachers, I always told the kids "I know almost everyone here tells you to go to Clemson and not South Carolina. My advice to you is to visit South Carolina and other schools that offer areas of study you like. Then make an informed decision, not one that the locals are pressuring you to make. Make the choice that best works for you but visit other schools. I'm not selfish I care about you"

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
So USC is a better choice because it's 10% vs 7% African American (and then Florida is totally out because it is 6%)? The question is, really, why go to a questionable situation with a potential short-term coach when you can go to a consistent winner? If USC starts winning again, it will make sense for a 5* like him to consider them.
10% of 35k in Columbia is light years ahead of 7% of 19k in a small country town in upstate SC. That's a fact. And Muschsmp is NOT s short term coach. Obviously if he chooses Clemson they paid more. Just saying. I hope we pony up.

I guess that's the same reason that the best African American students never even apply to the Ivies, MIT, Stanford or CalTech.

Silly kids and their silly ideas.
Hilarious. Clemson in the same sentence as MIT and Stanford. I wonder if they have animal husbandry courses in the ivy league and loads of fat rednecks in orange overalls roaming around on game day.

He went to camps and then outperformed the best in the nation. Everyone saw this. That's the big reason for the ranking. Not that he's big. If that's the case then JW would be a 2* because of his height. But yet I want him and he's a 4* because of his SKILLS. Give it up please.

He was a 3* when Boom offered him. Other coaches followed and now he's a 5*. Jamyest would be a 5* if he was taller.

Jamyest really played well at the Opening. My guess is that AJ has 5-6 inches on him, but not the cover skillls

Check out Cornell for animal husbandry.

Alright, you're the Cornell of South Carolina!

The point stands: Clemson is a mediocre school that ranks around 400-500 in the Academic Ranking of World Universities should never be mentioned in the same sentence as MIT (#3), Stanford (#2), Cal Tech (#7) or Cornell (#11).

Jameyst would absolutely be a 5* if he was 5'10 or 5'11. but everything i read says 5'9 and that might be being gracious. unfortunately i would rather have Terrell simply for the height. Jamyest could have all the positioning skills in the world but put him up consistently against guys like Mike Williams, Tee Higgins, Bryan Edwards, Terry Googer, or Or'tre Smith and he is going to struggle

Reactions: Tigerpaw00
If he doesn't go Clemson I will be truly shocked based on his answers on his school choice and the whole Blabo Family pitch he seemed to be regurgitating and how many times he has been to Clemson and the people from his immediate family he has taken. But never say never, right?

Being-Optimistic.gif

Gotta be the miniature golf course or movie theater that sways him to Clemson. Old Dabo created a mini Frankie's Fun Park for those Tater football players. Man definitely knows how to impress those 18 year olds with all his gimmickry. When it comes to DB's, Carolina has put just as many if not more in the NFL.

Gotta be the miniature golf course or movie theater that sways him to Clemson. Old Dabo created a mini Frankie's Fun Park for those Tater football players. Man definitely knows how to impress those 18 year olds with all his gimmickry. When it comes to DB's, Carolina has put just as many if not more in the NFL.

3 of our 4 starting DBs from last year were drafted. The 4th will be drafted this year.

AJ Terrell is rated 5* due to measureables...He doesn't play like a 5*...The taters will have to really coach him up...But everything i hear says he is Clemons bound
Have you seen him play? I live in ATL, and have seen him play maybe 10 (or so) times...he DOES play like a 5-star. If we could get him, you'd be very happy.

Y'all boys get too worked up over this stuff. Our coaches are out there pitching better by far than we've ever been represented before. We have a more professional recruiting system than we've ever had. We're going to have great personnel in a couple of years. We're operating from behind. Y'all boys need to just go with the flow a little bit.

Have you seen him play? I live in ATL, and have seen him play maybe 10 (or so) times...he DOES play like a 5-star. If we could get him, you'd be very happy.
Yes i would be...But it wouldn't change the fact that the guru's evaluated his tape and originally tabbed him a 3*..He might prove to be Dion Sanders..But he was originally a 3* until the camps

Turns out the underwear Olympics that are referred to as camps (and you know... the NFL Combine really) are useful when measuring potential which is all the star ratings are

Yes i would be...But it wouldn't change the fact that the guru's evaluated his tape and originally tabbed him a 3*..He might prove to be Dion Sanders..But he was originally a 3* until the camps
I don't know that he was ever a 3-star, but I do know that, as his talents became more obvious, his perceived value skyrocketed.

5.9 vs. 6.1. High 4 vs. 5. Coaching will be a factor. For argument's sake, say that Williams gets the better, more NFL "familiar" DB coach? 6.1 /5.9 difference disappears.
Point being there is a lot of variables going forward. Injuries(hammies), attitude, level of aggressiveness, brain,etc. Terrell to C.U. and Williams to us. Both will be recruited endlessly until sighning day. Friday just means hand wringing, regardless of who goes where.

Reactions: Tigerof66
5.9 vs. 6.1. High 4 vs. 5. Coaching will be a factor. For argument's sake, say that Williams gets the better, more NFL "familiar" DB coach? 6.1 /5.9 difference disappears.
Point being there is a lot of variables going forward. Injuries(hammies), attitude, level of aggressiveness, brain,etc. Terrell to C.U. and Williams to us. Both will be recruited endlessly until sighning day. Friday just means hand wringing, regardless of who goes where.

Both are going to be very good players.

Alright, you're the Cornell of South Carolina!

The point stands: Clemson is a mediocre school that ranks around 400-500 in the Academic Ranking of World Universities should never be mentioned in the same sentence as MIT (#3), Stanford (#2), Cal Tech (#7) or Cornell (#11).

You asked if Ivy League schools taught animal husbandry. I told you to check out Cornell. Simple, simple.

Reactions: Casey1414
Dude i know what i am talking about...He was a 3* corner until Jawja offered...he went to 4* and then 5* after showing up at the camps @6'2"&4.4...His tape is obviously still the same as it was when he was 3*, unless you want to suggest he played several games in the spring...He made one of the biggest ratings jumps i have ever seen a prospect make without playing any games...Honestly, i don't care where he goes to school..

LINKS ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT