ADVERTISEMENT

DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES???!!!! YES!!!!!!!! HOOVER !!!!!!**

I think we should be happier than if we didn't qualify. Always.

And 'we' can be as jaded and snarky and judgmental as we want, being fans. That's our prerogative. Some take it and run with it, others tend to be a bit more circumspect. It's sports, it's fandom, it takes all kinds.

But the truth is, those kids and that coach managed to extend their season and I hope they enjoy it and make some noise. Be happy for them. Maybe they make a run, maybe they don't. But they made the tourney. Good for them.

Nothing I disagree with. All good points.

Havent been following...who gets to spank our asses in hoover?

LSU on Tuesday night. In theory, the game starts at 8:00 CDT. If past years are any guide, it will be closer to 11:00 since we're the last game and they only leave 3:30 in between start times, which is totally moronic. I'm glad we made it, but I generally despise this tournament.

Last edited:
Havent been following...who gets to spank our asses in hoover?

LSU on Tuesday night. In theory, the game starts at 8:00 CDT. If past years are any guide, it will be closer to 11:00 since we're the last game and they only leave 3:30 in between start times, which is totally moronic. I'm glad we made it, but I generally despise this tournament.

I'm not a fan of this tournament either. It's a pitcher's ballpark. Watch us hit a bunch of warning track fly balls.

Reactions: cockofdawn
So you’re saying there’s a chance
giphy.gif

Can someone please explain the math here:
"The Gamecocks (27-26, 8-22 SEC) are now guaranteed an above-.500 record...."
We are actually 28-27 now. If we lose Tuesday, we fall to 28-28, which is not "above" .500. Or in baseball do we usually count .500 as above .500?

Reactions: cockofdawn
Are we going to put up a section on the right field wall at Founder's Park?

2019 Made SEC Tournament

We have everything else known to man on that wall, looks bad IMO. We should put National Champions, and College World Series teams on the wall and that's it.

Reactions: Thigh Man
I'm not a fan of this tournament either. It's a pitcher's ballpark. Watch us hit a bunch of warning track fly balls.
Played at the Hoover-Met in college, there were some balls that got pissed on that ended up lazy flyouts. Agree the park does not bode well for our bat's launch angles.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I would love to see a miracle run but Hoover has never been our thing and don’t see it happening with this group. On the other hand there’s one more chance and one more day to watch.

There’s also a part that wouldn’t mind seeing this come to an end....soon
According to others, Hoover didn't matter to Ray so it's a good thing we're not hanging any last vestige of hope on a Ray lead team...lol

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Are we going to put up a section on the right field wall at Founder's Park?

2019 Made SEC Tournament

We have everything else known to man on that wall, looks bad IMO. We should put National Champions, and College World Series teams on the wall and that's it.
This wins the award for most negative post ever.

Can someone please explain the math here:
"The Gamecocks (27-26, 8-22 SEC) are now guaranteed an above-.500 record...."
We are actually 28-27 now. If we lose Tuesday, we fall to 28-28, which is not "above" .500. Or in baseball do we usually count .500 as above .500?
That was written by someone from the future. They've seen that we will win tonight, thus guaranteeing a +.500 record!!

Reactions: HI Cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT