ADVERTISEMENT

Do you believe in UFO’s

Are there others out there?

• Yes

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 33 24.4%

• Total voters
Its ignorant to not believe in other life forms when you think about the number of galaxies that exist and the number of stars they contain.

And AWAAYYY WE GO A great photo of Ralph Cramden!
e325ef9b-95c4-43dc-9114-11a3140b8a83_1.82ef6ffdf2d3a58760cfc0f86da75fe1.jpeg

With all due respect, I absolutely despise the idea you are promoting here. You are trying to say that all beliefs are equal, that there is no right or wrong or black or white and that is categorically not true. If you think I believe anything because daddy told me so, you dont know the first thing about me. Oh. Wait. :)
I have spent my life questioning and doubting. I have come back around to accepting, but having some large remaining questions still unanswered. If you read and study the Bible with an open mind, you will come to see as I did, that there is a tremendous amount of evidence that supports it. Do we know the answers to everything? Not even close. However, I am ok with where I am, along with those questions, and for me, Biblical Creationism makes much more sense than does evolution. The truth is that people realize that if they come to the place where they admit the Biblical account may be true, they are forced to accept the fact that they are going to need to act on that truth and change their lifestyle and most people absolutely do not want to do that.

I anticipated most religious people would despise my comments on this subject. I understand why and I support your right to disagree with me just as I have a right to believe differently from you. Just to clarify, as I felt you were a bit defensive, I did not mean to imply that “YOU” or any other specific person had done no introspective thought on these subjects. It was more my intent to ENCOURAGE that line of thinking for those who had never asked themselves these questions about “why they believe the way they do”... As you implied- I do not know you or any other poster here well enough to have any idea about your personal reasons for feeling a certain way. If you feel you have made your choices free of ingrained bias or sway from others and you are happy with it, then more power to you my friend! I am on board with whatever makes people happy, and that is something different for all of us.

Its ignorant to not believe in other life forms when you think about the number of galaxies that exist and the number of stars they contain.

Life needs a lot more than stars and galaxies to exist. And life elsewhere has never been observed or proven with any type of evidence. Why exactly is it therefore ignorant to believe that life doesn't exist outside of what we have on the earth?

I am truly curious about this. First it was arrogant. Then egotistical. And now ignorant. How do you draw this conclusion?

I know this post will really light some fires as this is the South and people grew up going to church and me saying I think that was all a lie and ultimately a rip off, is going to absolutely make people hate me. That’s fine. If you are that obtuse to not even take an objective look at your own beliefs in light of a challenge to them, I have no use for talking to you in the first place. People like that are going to spend your whole life regurgitating whatever nonsense you were fed as a child, without even taking the time to think about it. I challenge any supporter of any religion to present me with a more Rational argument for why magic is more plausible than tech that trumps my example of how this iphone in my hand right now is plausible proof of what technology can achieve and how reasonable it is to think that more advanced beings than we are today could have come to Earth at some point over the past couple million years or so... It is rehtorical obviously, as that is why “faith” was made the central tenant of religion. There IS NO PROOF... There is only old fables written in a book that is transcribed from oral histories compiled from dozens/hundreds?/thousands? of story tellers over generations. So, have your faith, enjoy that- I am sticking with my iPhone. I do not pretend to know what did or did not happen a million years ago but when I an presented with all the theories... RELIGIOUS creation stories are at the bottom of the list of what I believe may have actually happened
I was a skeptical religious person for years and until something happened that changed my mind. My Grandparents and my Aunts lived in Manning their entire life. In 1991 my Grandfather died which left my Grandmother and 2 Aunts left. After a couple of years their health all were declining and were all put in a Nursing home. My Cousin took the house over...fixed it up and sold it. A Mother and her 6 or 7 year old daughter bought the house. I think they were from Florence. She was going through a divorce and moved to get away from her former life as the story goes.
After a while the mother kept hearing her child talking to herself...she eventually ask her who she was talking to and she basically said it was her new friend. Her mother didn't thing too much about it, it's not unusual for kids to have a imaginary friend. Well this went on for days and the mother kept asking her who she was talking to...she eventually called him Pete. So one day they had to go to the court house to fill out the divorce papers. As they walked through the halls the little girl stopped and pointed to a picture and said that was Pete. It was a picture of my Grandfather who was a judge there for over 40 Years.
The mother kind of freaked out and tracked down my mother who at this time was the only surviving daughter. She was telling her this story and my mother basically wasn't surprised (She's very religious) and said he was a very gentle man and wouldn't hurt anyone. As this story is being told to us I had severe goose bumps going on. As time went on my grandmother and one aunt died. Which left my last Aunt still alive. The little girl was still apparently having conversations with my Grandfather...one weird story was she kept talking about baseball cards of all things. My Grandfather collected them. After a few weeks went by and the Mom didn't hear her daughter talking anymore. She said Pete stopped coming around. She contacted my Mom and told her about that and she asked when did the conversations stopped? She said around the first week of March...My Mom said that was interesting because that's when the last Aunt died. I guess he was just waiting on her to pass on. There was much more to the story but trying to keep it short.
You can believe what you want but the family didn't know a soul from Manning and has no idea who Pete was. I've been a believer ever since...

Of course the odds are other life is in the universe, with more than 100 billion possible solar systems the odds favor some other life form existing somewhere. UFO's definitely, I have been flying for 28 years and I have seen a few unexplained things.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
I was a skeptical religious person for years and until something happened that changed my mind. My Grandparents and my Aunts lived in Manning their entire life. In 1991 my Grandfather died which left my Grandmother and 2 Aunts left. After a couple of years their health all were declining and were all put in a Nursing home. My Cousin took the house over...fixed it up and sold it. A Mother and her 6 or 7 year old daughter bought the house. I think they were from Florence. She was going through a divorce and moved to get away from her former life as the story goes.
After a while the mother kept hearing her child talking to herself...she eventually ask her who she was talking to and she basically said it was her new friend. Her mother didn't thing too much about it, it's not unusual for kids to have a imaginary friend. Well this went on for days and the mother kept asking her who she was talking to...she eventually called him Pete. So one day they had to go to the court house to fill out the divorce papers. As they walked through the halls the little girl stopped and pointed to a picture and said that was Pete. It was a picture of my Grandfather who was a judge there for over 40 Years.
The mother kind of freaked out and tracked down my mother who at this time was the only surviving daughter. She was telling her this story and my mother basically wasn't surprised (She's very religious) and said he was a very gentle man and wouldn't hurt anyone. As this story is being told to us I had severe goose bumps going on. As time went on my grandmother and one aunt died. Which left my last Aunt still alive. The little girl was still apparently having conversations with my Grandfather...one weird story was she kept talking about baseball cards of all things. My Grandfather collected them. After a few weeks went by and the Mom didn't hear her daughter talking anymore. She said Pete stopped coming around. She contacted my Mom and told her about that and she asked when did the conversations stopped? She said around the first week of March...My Mom said that was interesting because that's when the last Aunt died. I guess he was just waiting on her to pass on. There was much more to the story but trying to keep it short.
You can believe what you want but the family didn't know a soul from Manning and has no idea who Pete was. I've been a believer ever since...
A believer in ghosts/spirits? I would not immediately make the jump to a religious context with this story personally. Cool story though... I think we have all heard/experienced things in our life we could not easily explain. Like the fact we are ALIVE and here... That is sort of the root of this whole concept I hit on right? Where do you believe all of this- points broadly around at “society and plants/animals and stuff”- came from. I can see how a story like that can incite some belief in spirits and such for sure.

Life needs a lot more than stars and galaxies to exist. And life elsewhere has never been observed or proven with any type of evidence. Why exactly is it therefore ignorant to believe that life doesn't exist outside of what we have on the earth?

I am truly curious about this. First it was arrogant. Then egotistical. And now ignorant. How do you draw this conclusion?
Actually... Life was observed just recently floating in outer space and accumulating on the windows of our own space ships and space stations... They think it was microbial life and plankton which they ASSUME was somehow projected into orbit from our oceans, but they do not KNOW that...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2728979/Never-mind-alien-life-SEA-PLANKTON-space-Creatures-living-surface-ISS-officials-say.html#:~:text=PLANKTON found in space: Sea creatures are discovered,oxygen in sub zero temperatures More items...

Perhaps most intriguing though- they have also found the basic building blocks of organic life like Amino acids and evidence of bacteria and such in meteors and rocks from Mars and the moon.

(Article below details some of the skeptics’ stances as well to be fair..)

https://www.wired.com/2011/03/richard-hoover-meteorite-bugs/

in rocks from Mars?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...ontains-fossilised-bacteria-study-claims.html

I believe there was one Nasa scientist who studied the first moon samples we got back as well who said his measurements went deeper than the “100 parts per million” (ow whatever) requirements NASA set for identifying microbes at the time and he found Microbes existing in the samples at about 5-10 per million (or something like that, I don’t recall the exact specifics..)... but I can’t recall the guy’s name and NASA would never make his findings “official”, so it hard to find record of it...

So... HAVE WE found life on places other than Earth? Yes. Maybe the stuff ISS’ window came crom Earth right? Ok- In rocks/meteors from other planets? Debatable but the images are pretty clearly fossils of SOMETHING organic... and they have done enough tests with extremophiles surviving for long periods of time in the vaccume of space to support the notion that life on Earth may very well have been started by amino acids and comparable “building blocks of life” landing on Earth After surviving long Journeys in meteors back during the primordial state of the planet...

This conversation always devolves down to this for me though- I say something to the effect of: Who knows!?! That is the question and the unexplainable is commonly dismissed as “God”! This is how this always get back to “God” as the answer right?- Who created man? “god”... Ok, what if it was (my meteor explanation above)-? “Well perhaps- but who made the meteors? Had to be God right?” Actually they probably just broke off of another planet when two collided or when a large meteor hit another planet... “Well who made the other planets...? Had to be God right”... The Big bang? “Who made the big bang HAPPEN?? God!!” *throws up hands and walks away...

Last edited:
Actually... Life was observed just recently floating in outer space and accumulating on the windows of our own space ships and space stations... They think it was microbial life and plankton which they ASSUME was somehow projected into orbit from our oceans, but they do not KNOW that...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2728979/Never-mind-alien-life-SEA-PLANKTON-space-Creatures-living-surface-ISS-officials-say.html#:~:text=PLANKTON found in space: Sea creatures are discovered,oxygen in sub zero temperatures More items...

Perhaps most intriguing though- they have also found the basic building blocks of organic life like Amino acids and evidence of bacteria and such in meteors and rocks from Mars and the moon.

(Article below details some of the skeptics’ stabces as well to be fair..)

So... HAVE WE found life on plaves other than Earth? Yes. In rocks/meteors from other planets? Debatabke but the images are pretty clearly foasils of SOMETHING organic... and they hve done enough tests with extremophikes surviving for long periods of time in the vaccume of space to support the notion that life on Earth may very well have been started by amino acids and comparable “building blocks of life” landing on Earth in meteors back during the primordial state of the planet...
The Andromina Strain...

(Article below details some of the skeptics’ stances as well to be fair..)

in rocks from Mars?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...ontains-fossilised-bacteria-study-claims.html

I believe there was one Nasa scientist who studied the first moon samples we got back as well who said his measurements went deeper than the “100 parts per million” (ow whatever) requirements NASA set for identifying microbes at the time and he found Microbes existing in the samples at about 5-10 per million (or something like that, I don’t recall the exact specifics..)... but I can’t recall the guy’s name and NASA would never make his findings “official”, so it hard to find record of it...

So... HAVE WE found life on places other than Earth? Yes. Maybe the stuff ISS’ window came crom Earth right? Ok- In rocks/meteors from other planets? Debatable but the images are pretty clearly fossils of SOMETHING organic... and they have done enough tests with extremophiles surviving for long periods of time in the vaccume of space to support the notion that life on Earth may very well have been started by amino acids and comparable “building blocks of life” landing on Earth After surviving long Journeys in meteors back during the primordial state of the planet....

The problem I have is that it seems like one of these has to be true:

1. It's extremely rare for life to begin
2. Life, once begun, is extremely unlikely to develop intelligence
3. Once life becomes intelligent, it somehow goes away (kills itself, escapes to another dimension, whatever)

2 doesn't seem likely since the evolutionary imperative of developing intelligence is so obvious. 3 also doesn't seem likely since it would require uniformity across all civilizations. Surely SOME would choose to stay and manage not to kill themselves.

I personally will be surprised if microbial life turns out to be common in the galaxy.

If we are alone then this is the biggest waste of space ever.Hell yes I believe the real govt , the so called " deep state military-industrial complex", knows so much more and has crashed materials that have been back engineered to some extent. I think their tech is mostly way too advanced for us. Some civilizations may be millions of years older than ours. The keepers have a stranglehold on that info.

If we are alone then this is the biggest waste of space ever.Hell yes I believe the real govt , the so called " deep state military-industrial complex", knows so much more and has crashed materials that have been back engineered to some extent. I think their tech is mostly way too advanced for us. Some civilizations may be millions of years older than ours. The keepers have a stranglehold on that info.

The great technological leaps forward came with WWII. Atomic, medical, computers, aviation, space, etc... So this alien technology must have been discovered around this time?

If I was an advanced alien race lurking here on Earth I would hide under the oceans. The most remote and unexplored area on the Earth.

Reactions: Garnetskies
The great technological leaps forward came with WWII. Atomic, medical, computers, aviation, space, etc... So this alien technology must have been discovered around this time?

If I was an advanced alien race lurking here on Earth I would hide under the oceans. The most remote and unexplored area on the Earth.

Why would they hide, though? If they could fly across the galaxy, then they probably have superweapons that could neutralize any human threat, so why would they bother to hide? It would only make sense if we were in some kind of zoo/experiment/reality show.

A believer in ghosts/spirits? I would not immediately make the jump to a religious context with this story personally. Cool story though... I think we have all heard/experienced things in our life we could not easily explain. Like the fact we are ALIVE and here... That is sort of the root of this whole concept I hit on right? Where do you believe all of this- points broadly around at “society and plants/animals and stuff”- came from. I can see how a story like that can incite some belief in spirits and such for sure.
I’m not one of these people who judge others for their beliefs...but I was told by my father years ago, if you are a good person good things will happen to you...either here or when you die.

I anticipated most religious people would despise my comments on this subject. I understand why and I support your right to disagree with me just as I have a right to believe differently from you. Just to clarify, as I felt you were a bit defensive, I did not mean to imply that “YOU” or any other specific person had done no introspective thought on these subjects. It was more my intent to ENCOURAGE that line of thinking for those who had never asked themselves these questions about “why they believe the way they do”... As you implied- I do not know you or any other poster here well enough to have any idea about your personal reasons for feeling a certain way. If you feel you have made your choices free of ingrained bias or sway from others and you are happy with it, then more power to you my friend! I am on board with whatever makes people happy, and that is something different for all of us.
Sorry man. Did not intend to be defensive. I do tend to get worked up about these discussions though. One thing I will say is I would not consider myself to be religious at all. For me, that word makes me think of people sitting around chanting and burning incense and repeating memorized prayers and speaking in "Christianese." I would call myself a believer who really has difficulty speaking Christianese and who is by nature, not a real emotional type at all - or at least, I dont express a lot of emotion. I am not the cat waving my hands around or speaking in tongues. In fact I tend to question anytime I hear someone say God spoke to them. I have had a ton of questions and for awhile, considered myself an atheist but I just couldnt buy into it. Again, as difficult as faith in the Bible and other parts of the Christian faith, for me, it takes less to believe that than to believe that all of this just happened by chance and random coincidence.
Anyhoo. Just wanted to apologize if I came off as being defensive. I actually love to debate this stuff and I probably have more non-believer friends than I do believer friends.

I'd be surprised if some kinda micro life didn't live on one of the moons of Saturn. A short story on my dad who passed away in 2004.Me and my wife was having a disagreement and me and the kids( i think all was under or around 10yrs or so) went to stay at my moms for the night.we all sleep in my moms/dad room in the big bed, mom sleep in my old room.the next day my oldest daughter told me she got up during the middle of the night to go to the bathroom but instead of using the one in the room wear we slept, she went into the other bathroom next to my old room. On her way back she said she saw my dad looking into the room wear we were sleeping. i asked what he did, she said he looked at her and went into the kitchen, and she said she just went back to bed.I personally haven't seen or heard nothing, neither has my mom who is still alive.I told her I believe her.

Sorry man. Did not intend to be defensive. I do tend to get worked up about these discussions though. One thing I will say is I would not consider myself to be religious at all. For me, that word makes me think of people sitting around chanting and burning incense and repeating memorized prayers and speaking in "Christianese." I would call myself a believer who really has difficulty speaking Christianese and who is by nature, not a real emotional type at all - or at least, I dont express a lot of emotion. I am not the cat waving my hands around or speaking in tongues. In fact I tend to question anytime I hear someone say God spoke to them. I have had a ton of questions and for awhile, considered myself an atheist but I just couldnt buy into it. Again, as difficult as faith in the Bible and other parts of the Christian faith, for me, it takes less to believe that than to believe that all of this just happened by chance and random coincidence.
Anyhoo. Just wanted to apologize if I came off as being defensive. I actually love to debate this stuff and I probably have more non-believer friends than I do believer friends.
I can relate to this. Raised in the Christian faith, but as an adult went my own way and explored philosophy while being basically deist in my religious views. Eventually realized the pursuit of self and worldly knowledge didn’t lead to anything truly meaningful (to me at least) and committed to trying to give a shot at a personal relationship with Christ, which put me on a good path I can’t imagine turning from again. I personally think the Christian faith is at least as rational as any other world view, unless you count agnosticism as a view, since it’s hard to dispute that none of us knows what’s behind all this with absolute certainty. Intellectually I can respect agnosticism, but I just wasn’t at peace while trying to live it myself.

I saw something very strange a few years ago but I've since convinced myself it was drones.

But I am not foolish enough to believe we're alone in this universe. We're just not that special.

I'll always remember back in the early 80s my Dad and his brother owned a semi and were coming back from Florida. Over in the middle of the night on a deserted highway in rural Georgia only to see a huge cigar shaped object hovering above the highway. Dad said it was brilliant white with a red tail. He woke his Brother up and they stared at for around 5 minutes. He said it made no sound and in an instant he said it shot into the sky leaving a streak. My Dad said he couldn't press the clutch to change gears going down the road because his foot was shaking. When he got home I remember he went straight to the kitchen table and drew a sketch of it. He's 74 today and still recounts that night often. He's a Deacon and Sunday school teacher and is a straight shooter. That's why I believe.

I'll always remember back in the early 80s my Dad and his brother owned a semi and were coming back from Florida. Over in the middle of the night on a deserted highway in rural Georgia only to see a huge cigar shaped object hovering above the highway. Dad said it was brilliant white with a red tail. He woke his Brother up and they stared at for around 5 minutes. He said it made no sound and in an instant he said it shot into the sky leaving a streak. My Dad said he couldn't press the clutch to change gears going down the road because his foot was shaking. When he got home I remember he went straight to the kitchen table and drew a sketch of it. He's 74 today and still recounts that night often. He's a Deacon and Sunday school teacher and is a straight shooter. That's why I believe.
The Cigar/ “Tic Tac” shaped craft seem to be some of the most common sightings over the recent past. This encounter is completely typical- hovering still, no sounds, moves and unnatural rate of speed when it moves... Usually a bright white color... this is the type of craft video taped by Navy Pilots in the Nimitz videos the Pentagon released. They vary in size- some are pretty small, some much much larger...

Soeaking is large/credible sightings- I find the “Lights over Phoenix” incidents from the late 90s to be some of the most intriguing- different craft/ estimated over a mile wide, V shaped... Was recorded by tons of people, witnessed by tens/hundreds of thousands... Nobody has ever explained it. 23 years later and no craft fitting the description exists to this day. What The Hell was it?? Nobody knows but many craft of similar shape and size have been reported before. The Incident Speilberg wrote “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” about (yes it was based on true events... Seriously) described a similar craft in the early 80s/late 70s... an entire region of the state- multiple towns/counties saw that craft. Cops tried to chase it... Probably swamp has right?

The Cigar/ “Tic Tac” shaped craft seem to be some of the most common sightings over the recent past. This encounter is completely typical- hovering still, no sounds, moves and unnatural rate of speed when it moves... Usually a bright white color... this is the type of craft video taped by Navy Pilots in the Nimitz videos the Pentagon released. They vary in size- some are pretty small, some much much larger...

Soeaking is large/credible sightings- I find the “Lights over Phoenix” incidents from the late 90s to be some of the most intriguing- different craft/ estimated over a mile wide, V shaped... Was recorded by tons of people, witnessed by tens/hundreds of thousands... Nobody has ever explained it. 23 years later and no craft fitting the description exists to this day. What The Hell was it?? Nobody knows but many craft of similar shape and size have been reported before. The Incident Speilberg wrote “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” about (yes it was based on true events... Seriously) described a similar craft in the early 80s/late 70s... an entire region of the state- multiple towns/counties saw that craft. Cops tried to chase it... Probably swamp has right?

Apparently there actually is a phenomenon called "Earthlights" that's poorly understood but thought to be associated with tectonic activity. Seems like it could be a possible explanation for some of the lights seen in the sky over the years.

Apparently there actually is a phenomenon called "Earthlights" that's poorly understood but thought to be associated with tectonic activity. Seems like it could be a possible explanation for some of the lights seen in the sky over the years.
Yes, there are many sightings of “orbs of light” that dart all around the sky, I suspect most of those are something similar to that.

And life elsewhere has never been observed or proven with any type of evidence.
Lots of things have never been observed or proven.
The incredible distances from earth to any other planet makes any possible discovery of alien life likely hundreds of years away.
We could have extinct species in the billions that have lived right here on earth that we have no fossil record of.

I believe as such.

And likewise- what in the Bible leads one to say that “Aliens” cannot exist?

I mean, if you think about it, Angels and other non-earthly beings described in the Bible are “Aliens”.....Ezekiels visions etc etc.

And likewise- what in the Bible leads one to say that “Aliens” cannot exist?

I mean, if you think about it, Angels and other non-earthly beings described in the Bible are “Aliens”.....Ezekiels visions etc etc.
Exactly my point- I will address it directly below, but first to riff off that angle for a minute- the Bible and every religious text/ writing/ stone carving/cave painting... dating back to stories from Ancient Egypt (a civilization that existed thousands of years before the Bible claims God had even made the Earth yet... but I digress), and before was likely early man’s attempts to describe real events. That is my point- when people did not know what a space ship was they described it as a “flying chariot” or a “fire breathing dragon” or pictured humans with wings.. If they saw these advanced beings using any advanced technology they assumed it was magic having no understanding of what electricity was... So stories of these encounters with advanced beings were miss-interpreted as gods and angels and such. All these religious folk on here have faith the Bible is telling the truth- what about the book of Enoch? Enoch is referenced in the Bible is he not? Why won’t they include the boom of Enoch in the bible? It is basically a very early telling of man being abducted by aliens and some of those aliens teaching men how to forge metal and other technological advances... Sounds an awful lot like my “crazy” ancient alien theories... If it has to be in the Bible for folks to believe it, the Book of Enoch is about as close as you can get to the Bible but since it was found at a different time and place it is not officially recognized... or whatever they have to do to turn a “mythical“ account of our past from myth to fact in the eyes of Christians...

I know that is not exactly what you meant, but simply put- yes, God and/or angels technically by definition are “extra terrestrial” beings- not “of this world”, so delineating between aliens and Gods is just semantics. If you believe in God, as he is described in the Bible, then you are saying someone not of this world “extra terrestrial” created us right? Ancient Aliens believe the exact same thing, they just think it was science he/ they used to do the job instead of magic and the time frames are different by ohhh a couple billion years if we are counting back the full age of the earth- only different by maybe a few hundred thousand years if we are talking about genetically engineering humans from monkeys/ forced evolution/ “magically creating man”...

Last edited:
No but I also believe that there are 100% other intelligent life forms and civilizations out there In all honesty given the vastness of the universe I find it nearly impossible for our tiny speck of a planet to be the only one . It’s impossible . Now do I believe that any civilization has the technology or ability to travel to our planet?? .. no .
You know that our Solar system is very young. We are around 4.5 billion yrs. The big bang happened 13.7billion yrs ago. There are galaxies that are billions of years older than ours. Those same galaxies have sucked up multiple galaxies so their star and solar systems range in the Trillion plus solar systems. Now take Milky Way that has taken in a few small galaxies but we still have 200billion solar systems. Our galaxy is 100,ooo light years across with 200 billion solar systems. Estimated that 10% of those have Goldie Lock zone planets, that puts 2billion planets just in out galaxy with potential habitable planets.

Then the estimates say there are galaxies with trillions of solar systems, how can there not be multiple life forms.

There is a faith based biologist named Gordon Wilson, he really uses the bible bib those old school persons that have hard time digesting God with our supreme being status. And he has a great harmony with today's science and God's input. For those that have a hard time to make connections.

But I 100% do not believe that we are alone. I'm starting to think that Mars had humanoids that moved to Earth. Too many prehistoric tribes with unexplained knowledge of our universe. Doesn't mean that God didn't start other planets first, but hardcore bible thumpers need to release to the fact that we are a blip in time, that 13.7 billion yrs ago Bog Bang happened. Do you think that God could not manage many humanoids or all life Universally.

Who can say if there is only one Universe? I think there are actually multi-verses. Our existence is so small in relation to space but it doesn't mean we can't be God's children.

I was given a death sentence in 2010, supposed to die in 2012, melanoma metastasized throughout multiple organs. I am still kicking after they gave me 6mos in 2012. But life/soul/future has become very high in my interests since.

or whatever they have to do to turn a “mythical“ account of our past from myth to fact in the eyes of Christians.....
A real Christian is a follower of Jesus and his teachings & not a follower of Jewish law and that history. I have no idea why some Christians attempt to reconcile ancient writings that are in many instances, as you described.

I'm starting to think that Mars had humanoids that moved to Earth..
Nope...evolution that initiated at the big bang. But there had to have been some divine intervention....evolution does not account for:
- moral code in humans
- desire to worship something

And likewise- what in the Bible leads one to say that “Aliens” cannot exist?.
Nothing.....
We are still stuck with the dilemma of potential "alien" races being billions of light years away and it may be thousands of years before humans can have a chance to make any kind of contact.

I still believe any real UFO spotted is "unmanned", unless those beings have found a way to circumvent G forces.

I was watching How The Universe Works. One of the scientist said there are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on Earth. They estimate a lot of these stars have planets orbiting the star. There are over 300,000,000,000 stars in the Milky Way. The number of galaxies is the billions. With these kind of numbers there almost has to be other intelligent civilizations out there somewhere.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
The mere presence of galaxies and stars does not automatically result in life forms. We can hope it to be true. But that doesn't create life either.

The mere presence of galaxies and stars does not automatically result in life forms. We can hope it to be true. But that doesn't create life either.
Ok, True- what does create life? Were we just the one lucky planet out of the trillions believed to exist where “God” appeared, snapped his fingers and made it happen? Or was the happenstance of the perfect primordial conditions allowing for amino acids to combine with other building blocks of life and eventually form into very basic single celled organism which evolved from there? If the rough outline of the second scientific scenario above is to be believed, the the existence of trillions of planets and the fact we know that life happened to evolve on at least one... Makes it Almost a statistical certainty- but the lure of the unknown is what makes this subject so interesting right?

There are a few very good documentaries on Netflix about UFO’s
Hanger 1
Unacknowledge
Bob Lazar

Ok, True- what does create life? Were we just the one lucky planet out of the trillions believed to exist where “God” appeared, snapped his fingers and made it happen? Or was the happenstance of the perfect primordial conditions allowing for amino acids to combine with other building blocks of life and eventually form into very basic single celled organism which evolved from there? If the rough outline of the second scientific scenario above is to be believed, the the existence of trillions of planets and the fact we know that life happened to evolve on at least one... Makes it Almost a statistical certainty- but the lure of the unknown is what makes this subject so interesting right?

One thing that gives me pause is to look at the recent history of humanity. Human society, by almost any conceivable measure, has been getting exponentially wealthier and more powerful for at least centuries. Total human wealth has increased in the neighborhood of 1000x since the year 1000 AD. Is it unreasonable to assume that in the year 3000 we'll be 1000x richer than we are today? I mean, sure, you can think of a lot of things that could slow or stop that, but it doesn't seem totally ridiculous to think that we'll improve along the a historical trajectory and end up colonizing a large chunk of the galaxy within a few millennia.

If there were beings like us in a nearby solar system, would we be able to detect them? I don't know the answer to that, but it seems like if we knew where to look, we might be able to identify radio/TV transmissions, nuclear tests, etc. But what about a civilization 1000x more powerful than us? Or a million? One would imagine that they would build colossal megastructures and consume huge quantities of energy. So why don't we see any of this?

It has to be that either life is very rare or life *like us* is very rare.

Nope...evolution that initiated at the big bang. But there had to have been some divine intervention....evolution does not account for:
- moral code in humans
- desire to worship something
The human brain has the ability to reason, qu
One thing that gives me pause is to look at the recent history of humanity. Human society, by almost any conceivable measure, has been getting exponentially wealthier and more powerful for at least centuries. Total human wealth has increased in the neighborhood of 1000x since the year 1000 AD. Is it unreasonable to assume that in the year 3000 we'll be 1000x richer than we are today? I mean, sure, you can think of a lot of things that could slow or stop that, but it doesn't seem totally ridiculous to think that we'll improve along the a historical trajectory and end up colonizing a large chunk of the galaxy within a few millennia.

If there were beings like us in a nearby solar system, would we be able to detect them? I don't know the answer to that, but it seems like if we knew where to look, we might be able to identify radio/TV transmissions, nuclear tests, etc. But what about a civilization 1000x more powerful than us? Or a million? One would imagine that they would build colossal megastructures and consume huge quantities of energy. So why don't we see any of this?

It has to be that either life is very rare or life *like us* is very rare.
Stephen Hawking,a few years ago, was asked his opinion on the future of mankind. His answer was he felt human existence on this earth had 100 to 150 years and we’re done because the planet’s resources are already strained. Population was 4 billion fifty years ago and is approaching DOUBLE that now. No way this earth can handle 30 billion people

1+1=2.

If you believe we're the only ones with the numbers we're playing with......well then...... I can tell you're not a person who likes facts very much.

If you understand the enormity of the stars, galaxies, planets, rocks, out there and you STILL BELIEVE we're the only ones....... just understand the math would indicate you're completely insane.

BTW, Total Jesus freak here. I mean, I'm not your stand on the corner Bible thumper and I can party with the best of them......

I'm just sayin'. I have zero shame in saying 1) I believe in God 2) I believe there are others..... it is completely possible to believe both. Just sayin'.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT