• Yes

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 33 24.4%

• Total voters
Which is most likely to happen:
Cone heads
Independence Day
The day the earth stood still(Keanu Reeves version)
Starman
Men in Black(this is least likely)
None of the above

I saw one a little over a year ago and there were three Blackhawk helicopters not to far behind and then it disappeared. It was crazy.
I have seen several. Once in Oklahoma several hundred of us Sailors saw a squadron of them cavorting around the sun about high noon in a cloudless sky.
In or about 1977 when Carter? was President my family of four and I saw one at dusk that was humongous! Brightly shining high in the sky that sent out 4 (four) shooting starlike objects that stopped directly over our heads, with one of them sending an orange beam about 8 feet in diameter down towards the ground yet stopped about ten feet above ground,
Four of us saw it from our back yard. Later I learned that a coworkers daughter who was about 30 miles away saw and described the same thing we saw!

Reactions: JohnnySurfin
I was pretty young so I can't recall the year, but the whole family was driving south on the Florida Turnpike at night. High in the eastern sky we saw 4 big bright spheres. At first we thought it may be stadium lights, but after driving 15 minutes and not putting them behind us, you know it's not stadium lights.
There was a story the next day in the Orlando and CoCo Beach papers about "The lights in the Sky".

The Bible says Angels are created beings (like us) made to serve God.

That story would not comport with the belief that Angels are alien beings unless you consider the Bible to be an allegory.

That's my point. We are created beings and have a planet. How do you know that Angels, also created beings, didn't have their own planet to begin with? They seem to have been around a long time before humanity, who is to say what their origin is? Maybe, since they are similarly created beings, they had a similar start like mankind with their own planet. Earth certainly doesn't seem to be their home. I think the biblical story comports perfectly with a view of angels as aliens. All we usually mean by an alien is an intelligent race not from earth. How does that not fit with angels perfectly? They aren't from earth originally, and are sentient and intellligent. Even if they never had a planet and originated in heaven, i think they still are properly described as intelligent aliens.

The Bible says Angels are created beings (like us) made to serve God. Satan was one of the Arch Angels who rebelled against God. That story would not comport with the belief that Angels are alien beings unless you consider the Bible to be an allegory.

My belief is that the Bible story is generally true with some individual facts missing or distorted by retelling and errors in translations over 2000 years. I see no room in the Bible story for aliens on other planets. This is one of the reasons why I don't believe they exist. But I'm also not a "young earth" believer as I think the evidence that the Earth is very old (a billion years+) is compelling.

If aliens were to visit the Earth and communicate to humans that there many other civilizations throughout the universe it would cause me to question the Bible story - especially creation. It would not cause me to question my faith in God.

Think about this. How many probes have we sent to Mars? (the planet most like the Earth in our Solar System) There has been no evidence of even any microbial life found in the samples. Now, I know there was a "rock" found on Earth that is claimed to have come from Mars which contained some evidence of fossilized life. However, they did not find fossils. Just chemical evidence that they claim to be circumstantial evidence of life. I just don't consider that direct evidence and the work that was done when studying that rock has been highly criticized.
Isn't there in Ezekiel that he sees strange flying crafts in the sky or that he calls flying circles?

I haven’t read any replies, but all I gotta say is; why in the world would you ask that question in 2020?!?!

Here is part of the passage from Ezekiel in the Bible.
When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. 20 Wherever the spirit would go, they would go,(U) and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. 21 When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.(V)

I'm not saying that two civilizations "ought" to be anything. I'm saying the chance of them randomly occurring within reasonable distance of one another is incredibly small. Think of it this way. In a 3D space of nearly infinite size, the chances of any two like things being near enough to one another is pretty low. Now, we must add constraints. Not just planets, but planets that have certain elements. Not just planets with certain elements, but planets not too close to their star. Not just planets with certain elements that aren't too close to their star, but also planets not too far from their star. As the criteria pile up, the chances go way down. We have observed planets we think will support life. We don't know for sure yet. This is just the "next star over". There may be a primative civilization there. We don't know. There may be an advanced civilization there. You nor I will ever know because of the massive amounts of time to reach it.

I guess I'm just having trouble with what you seem to be claiming: "Even if aliens exist, we wouldn't expect to see them." I just don't see why the base assumption would be that they're rare or undetectable.

If I had to bet, I would bet that aliens exist, but I can still acknowledge that the fact that we haven't seen any gives me significant pause.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
I guess I'm just having trouble with what you seem to be claiming: "Even if aliens exist, we wouldn't expect to see them." I just don't see why the base assumption would be that they're rare or undetectable.

If I had to bet, I would bet that aliens exist, but I can still acknowledge that the fact that we haven't seen any gives me significant pause.
And I can respect that. I don't agree with it, but I can understand it.

That's my point. We are created beings and have a planet. How do you know that Angels, also created beings, didn't have their own planet to begin with? They seem to have been around a long time before humanity, who is to say what their origin is? Maybe, since they are similarly created beings, they had a similar start like mankind with their own planet. Earth certainly doesn't seem to be their home. I think the biblical story comports perfectly with a view of angels as aliens. All we usually mean by an alien is an intelligent race not from earth. How does that not fit with angels perfectly? They aren't from earth originally, and are sentient and intellligent. Even if they never had a planet and originated in heaven, i think they still are properly described as intelligent aliens.
I see what you mean, but according to the Bible angels don't reside in this universe or dimension. They appear from time to time but are mostly unseen. If you believe that this is simply a question of physics then the Bible loses a lot of its meaning.

This is cogent.

One explanation as for why they are undetectable is that they have the technology to evade us.

I cannot explain the sightings except that it could be the US, Russia or China testing advanced aircraft.

If aliens exist it could be that they are watching us because they are worried about our progress. They may see us as an aggressive and threatening species. That might explain their lack of contact with us so far.

This is cogent.

One explanation as for why they are undetectable is that they have the technology to evade us.

I cannot explain the sightings except that it could be the US, Russia or China testing advanced aircraft.

If aliens exist it could be that they are watching us because they are worried about our progress. They may see us as an aggressive and threatening species. That might explain their lack of contact with us so far.

My issue with these types of behavioral or psychological explanations is that they require universal adherence on the part of the hypothetical aliens. So, I could see why SOME, or maybe even MOST alien civilizations would hide from us, but it seems like a stretch to think that ALL would. And it would potentially only take one exception for us to notice.

It's the same thing with explanations like "they go into virtual reality" or "they kill themselves in wars"... I can see those being norms, but surely they couldn't be laws without any exceptions.

If "they're hiding from us" is true, to me it would imply that a single civilization dominates this part of space and is, for some reason, "protecting" it by actively keeping out other aliens. Like a zoo, or nature preserve, or science experiment or something.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
If anyone watched a YouTube video about the vastness of space and time.It boggles the mind.I can’t get my mind wrapped around something like gravity when a comet heads back into deep space how it makes it come back.seem like it would just keep going.

The question is not do you believe in UFO's. That question has been answered affirmatively because there are indeed things flying around, captured by sight and by radar, that have not been identified. The question is are they extraterrestrial. Read this book if you want a solid analysis. About 10 years old so it predates the April release of the Navy UFO videos.
Amazon product ASIN 0307717089

One of them wrestled with Jacob, several are said to carry swords, and others play trumpets. That doesn't sound like completely a spirit.
After the resurrection, Jesus could be touched and ate food. He also walked through a wall and could disappear in a flash. A spirit being is not the same as a human being.

This is why I think at best, if the objects are not from earth, they are almost certain unmanned (like probes/drones).

I don't know if aliens exist or not. However, the Universe is so large, even our most brilliant astrophysicist's cannot comprehend the depths of outer space.

After the resurrection, Jesus could be touched and ate food. He also walked through a wall and could disappear in a flash. A spirit being is not the same as a human being.

Yeah, but it doesn't mean a spirit being can't have origins on a another planet. And even if they don't have origins on a planet, angels still look like they fit any reasonable defintion of intelligent/sentient aliens. They aren't from Earth, they don't seem to have originated here, basically predating Earth. So they are aliens and are sentient and intelligent.

I see what you mean, but according to the Bible angels don't reside in this universe or dimension. They appear from time to time but are mostly unseen. If you believe that this is simply a question of physics then the Bible loses a lot of its meaning.

After we die, after Judgment Day at least, we won't really reside in this universe or dimension either, will we? Yet our origin will still be aptly described as Earth. I don't see how their current location of not being in this dimension or universe would bar them from an origin something like ours, just elsewhere. But even if their origin is not on a "planet" as it probably isn't, they still look like they fit the defintions both of an alien (not from Earth) and having intelligence/sentience. Thus intelligent aliens.

Yeah, but it doesn't mean a spirit being can't have origins on a another planet. And even if they don't have origins on a planet, angels still look like they fit any reasonable defintion of intelligent/sentient aliens. They aren't from Earth, they don't seem to have originated here, basically predating Earth. So they are aliens and are sentient and intelligent.
Planets are God's creation. Spirit beings likely come from the spirit realm which would/could defy the limitations of a planet (natural v. supernatural, Heaven is not a planet).

All this reminds me of that Star Trek movie The final frontier? Where spokes brother hijacks the enterprise.’what does god need a starship for?’ says kirk.

Last edited:
My issue with these types of behavioral or psychological explanations is that they require universal adherence on the part of the hypothetical aliens. So, I could see why SOME, or maybe even MOST alien civilizations would hide from us, but it seems like a stretch to think that ALL would. And it would potentially only take one exception for us to notice.

It's the same thing with explanations like "they go into virtual reality" or "they kill themselves in wars"... I can see those being norms, but surely they couldn't be laws without any exceptions.

If "they're hiding from us" is true, to me it would imply that a single civilization dominates this part of space and is, for some reason, "protecting" it by actively keeping out other aliens. Like a zoo, or nature preserve, or science experiment or something.
Or, perhaps, they are in allegiance and agreement with other nearby civilizations. I can see how a civilization advanced in technology might be equally advanced in the observance of norms of behavior towards less advanced civilizations.

Planets are God's creation. Spirit beings likely come from the spirit realm which would/could defy the limitations of a planet (natural v. supernatural, Heaven is not a planet).

Are you suggesting that spirit beings are not also God's creation? Some humans will be in heaven, yet our origin is a planet, right? We will be in the spirit realm then, yet our origin is earth. All you know is angels and spirit beings are in the spirit realm now, you have no way to know if they, just like humans who will soon be there, don't have a similar beginning. You may know from scripture that angels are spirit beings now, point me to any verse that says anything about their origin. It isn't in the bible. So we just don't know.

Are you suggesting that spirit beings are not also God's creation? Some humans will be in heaven, yet our origin is a planet, right? We will be in the spirit realm then, yet our origin is earth. All you know is angels and spirit beings are in the spirit realm now, you have no way to know if they, just like humans who will soon be there, don't have a similar beginning. You may know from scripture that angels are spirit beings now, point me to any verse that says anything about their origin. It isn't in the bible. So we just don't know.
If spirit beings were created in heaven before the creation, then their origin cannot be a planet. Heb. 11:3 "By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible."

I voted no. If there were really UFOs, with all the cell phone cameras almost everyone has we would have a believable picture of one by now.

Reactions: 92Pony
If spirit beings were created in heaven before the creation, then their origin cannot be a planet. Heb. 11:3 "By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible."

That doesn't exactly say they were created in heaven. It doesn't say anything about them. Maybe they had their own universe. Maybe one quite different from ours. You will note heaven hasn't always existed either, it was created by God as well. I don't think that verse establishes their origin was heaven. We will be there, we will be spirit beings, yet our origin is earth. I think angel's origins have to be classified as unknown, we aren't told.

I’m not one of these people who judge others for their beliefs...but I was told by my father years ago, if you are a good person good things will happen to you...either here or when you die.
I guess we need to exclude Jesus and his disciples because all were tortured and killed.

The pentagon admits that we have technology flying around our planet that is more advanced by many degrees than anything any human could create.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
That doesn't exactly say they were created in heaven. It doesn't say anything about them. Maybe they had their own universe. Maybe one quite different from ours. You will note heaven hasn't always existed either, it was created by God as well. I don't think that verse establishes their origin was heaven. We will be there, we will be spirit beings, yet our origin is earth. I think angel's origins have to be classified as unknown, we aren't told.
Re: "if".

I voted no. If there were really UFOs, with all the cell phone cameras almost everyone has we would have a believable picture of one by now.
If one landed in your yard. I've taken 4K pics and videos of airshows...ones that were flying by and it's still hard to take good pics/vids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT