ADVERTISEMENT

Do you Pull For SEC always??

Do you pull For ALL SEC teams when they Play teams from other Conferences??

• Yes

Votes: 27 38.6%
  • NO

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • (And for you WISHYWASHY) Sometimes

Votes: 13 18.6%

• Total voters
no..pulling for a college conference....that would be like Boston Red Sox fans pulling for teams in the eastern division of the American League in the playoffs...or when the yankees play any other team during the season
......... it makes no sense

Last edited:
Sometimes because my dislike for Florida, Georgia and Tennessee is almost to Clemson level. Pulling for MSU in the CWS.

I'm here ^^^ and I can add Bama to that list. I am amused when Dook & Wake & Cuse, wins conference football games. I would defer to SEC when matched up to an Aay sea see team in virtually every case (especially Clemtech, UN-carolina, flo-rida schools, nc-st). Can't pull for NotraDame, Suckeyes, Michigan, Nebraska, Cal, SoCal, Lost Angels, Orgeron, most texas schools , NY Yankees (unless its a gamecock), other......

When they aren't on our schedule, I am a fan of: SC state, Iowa, all the armed forces teams, Boise st, North Dakota st, App St, Ga Southern, other small schools, upsets, Michigan St, UCF, USF, Hawaii, Wash St., Dawn Staley, Wofford, Coastal, Arizona St,

no..pulling for a college conference....that would be like Boston Red Sox fans pulling for teams in the eastern division of the American League in the playoffs...or when the yankees play any other team during the season

RIGHT would the Panthers pull of the Falcons or vice versa?

Not quite...in college there can be some advantage on stuff like the # of NCAA bids a conference receives, or bowls or TV contracts or whatever based on the perceived strength of the league. That said, it's a pretty small effect and I don't usually "pull for the SEC" because of it but once in a while it seems to matter so I do

Not quite...in college there can be some advantage on stuff like the # of NCAA bids a conference receives, or bowls or TV contracts or whatever based on the perceived strength of the league. That said, it's a pretty small effect and I don't usually "pull for the SEC" because of it but once in a while it seems to matter so I do

why should i care how many bids, etc....that is the point.

if it makes a person feel good for some strange reason fine

why should i care how many bids, etc....that is the point.

if it makes a person feel good for some strange reason fine

YEP THE SEC generated $596 million, I think we are good on the money front at present without us professing some loyalty to other schools in the conference.

Reactions: bosoxcock
I'm sure Clemson fans are so "bummed" Florida St was knocked out of the college baseball playoffs..

laughing in tears !!!!!!!!! NICE ! PERFECT !

every now and then someone delivers a post that will keep me tickled and smiling for a day or more, and this is definitely at that level.

THANKS

Hell no. I hate Tennessee and Georgia about as much as I hate Clemson. Very few situations where I'd pull for either of them. Don't like pulling for the Alabama schools either. Pretty indifferent to everyone else. Obviously it's situational though.

While I'm thinking about it.. what does Alabama winning another championship have to do with us? And just can't comprehend how we'd ever want another SEC East team to do well, particularly UGA. Just means it's going to be tougher to unseat them and win the SEC someday. I think there was a period where when being in the "strongest conference" benefited us, and I think it has allowed us to move ahead as a program in a number of ways. But we're past that now.

Yea I pull for the SEC even though I have a dislike for several of the teams, especially in our division. Would I rather see Ga, Tn, Fla playing for the national champ rather than those hateful buzards from up the road or any other ACC brethren, yep.

Do you pull for SEC if they play teams of other conferences??
Absolutely NOT. I've never understood the conference loyalty argument. Yes, SOS matters if you happen to be in playoff contention, but that's it. Otherwise, I have never understood how people can pull for teams they despise every other day of the year just because they are in the SEC.

Truth is, I don't even like or respect the SEC as a league. I like certain teams (UGA, USC, and UK - all due to personal or family connections), but not the league overall. Way too much sleaze and arrogance for me to pull for most of these teams. Plus, even the league office routinely screws certain teams with scheduling or bowl assignments, and they never address cheating allegations or officiating controversies. They just protect their own at all costs. For all the anti-SEC bitterness that exists among fans of other leagues, I'd argue it's even worse when you are surrounded by these scoundrels and have to compete against them every week. The only thing I "like" about the SEC is the money and exposure it brings to the teams I root for.

But I'm prepared to take a lot of grief over that as I suspect it won't be a popular opinion.

you think Clemson cares about the # of bids... how about a new thought... earn a bid, don't leave a doubt who does and who doesnt deserve to play in a a post season tourney..
.... if a team is in a power 5 conference, win and the rest takes care of itself
I'm just explaining to you why some people think this way

Reactions: cockofdawn
WOW, I am surprised that more are a "NO".. I personally feel that the more successful the SEC is, the greater the pressure by Selection committees to favor SEC teams when selections are made.. That is why i Pull for SEC..
I think we have more "NO" because we each have that one team that we just can't pull for, no matter what (Tennessee).

I voted wishy washy... Depends on who the SEC team is and who they are playing.

If it is against clemsux, SEC all the way. If it is against Ohio St, Penn St, or Michigan (Harbaugh.. ugh) SEC.
Against anybody else, I don't pull for them, especially Ga or Tenn.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I think we have more "NO" because we each have that one team that we just can't pull for, no matter what (Tennessee).
i Kinda agree, I find it hard to pull for UGA in anything, But if UGA is playing lets say Michgan State in the Outback Bowl, I pull for UGA.. If UA plays any other SEC team, I pull for the other team.. But I do understand..

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
i Kinda agree, I find it hard to pull for UGA in anything, But if UGA is playing lets say Michgan State in the Outback Bowl, I pull for UGA.. If UA plays any other SEC team, I pull for the other team.. But I do understand..
I wouldn't necessarily say I would pull for UT if they were playing Clemsux. I would, however, prefer UT to win the game (lesser of two evils). But honestly, there is a 99.99999999999999% chance I wouldn't even watch the game.

Freaking always. Period.

giphy.gif

Agree. The perception is that the SEC has the strongest conference in football and we benefit from that perception. Kids want to play in the SEC because it is the best conference. For that reason I do pull for the SEC out of conference no matter how much I dislike UT and UGA. It's the same reason I pull against everything in the ACC.

Not exactly. Baseball plays a larger variety of teams where say football you play your conference and then 4 others, usually two or three of those 4 are cupcake of no importance. The strength of your conference shows strength of your schedule with so few games you play. Plus as the SEC splits winnings evenly with bowls and CFP always pull for SEC because it’s more money for us

Reactions: cockofdawn
Not exactly. Baseball plays a larger variety of teams where say football you play your conference and then 4 others, usually two or three of those 4 are cupcake of no importance. The strength of your conference shows strength of your schedule with so few games you play. Plus as the SEC splits winnings evenly with bowls and CFP always pull for SEC because it’s more money for us

well, if you like pulling for the teams you play against every year, that fine....... i find it strange

Reactions: acmnni1
Agree. The perception is that the SEC has the strongest conference in football and we benefit from that perception. Kids want to play in the SEC because it is the best conference. For that reason I do pull for the SEC out of conference no matter how much I dislike UT and UGA. It's the same reason I pull against everything in the ACC.

Clemson doesnt seem to have a problem getting top talent ....plenty of the best talent want to play for Clemson

Reactions: Pole and acmnni1
bosoxcock is right, you don't pull for your opponents. That is asinine and there is no way it helps. Nobody cares if you are continually mid to bottom feeders. You are fooling yourself if you think Alabama winning 6 NC's helps SC. It doesn't. It helps Alabama. If it was such a big help, why is the program where it is now? We've been in the league since 1992 I think. That's 26 years by my math. Only managed to win the DIVISION once? Why are we really not better than when we had Big George and were an independent? Where were we in 1984? Pull your heads out of the sand and recognize the FACT that all our opponents success does not equal improvement on our end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT