ADVERTISEMENT

Does anybody even care about next season?

Dec 24, 2018
I have been through the worst of times 1-10, 0-11 while I was a student. I love baseball, but we are not relevant at that anymore either. What do we have? Someone please tell me why I should care about the crap we put on display these days. I could tolerate it in my early 20's when all i cared about was getting laid and getting drunk.

I have been through the worst of times 1-10, 0-11 while I was a student. I love baseball, but we are not relevant at that anymore either. What do we have? Someone please tell me why I should care about the crap we put on display these days. I could tolerate it in my early 20's when all i cared about was getting laid and getting drunk.
Back last summer my brother asked me what I thought about the coming season and I gave him a pessimist view of the season we just went thru. I do not think our recruiting is keeping up with the Jones nor do I think the guys we are getting fit our needs. For example our team is in need of a Connor Shaw or Jeff Grantz type QB. It's fine to get a good drop back passer but we lack recruiting at other skill positions thus our QB has got to be able to tuck it and run in crucial situations and we havent had that since shaw left. Our newest blue chip from california doesnt have that trait either. We have failed to lure in blue chip wide outs and running backs. We are failing miserably with recruiting defensive backs which is something we use to do well at. We also appear to have a serious problem with the strength and conditioning program because of the frequent injuries and many of our players dont pass the eye test in my view. The outlook for next season is a poor one. The offense will be worse but our defense will be marginally better. Our schedule gets harder. An overly optimistic view of our season in 2019 would be 7 wins but expect 5 or 6.

Last edited:
No interest in 2019 Gamecock Football. Totally irrelevant. My Full Scholarship will be reduced to a Century Club membership and yes I know my tickets will get moved to the East Upper Deck just below the corner light post. I can put the other money in my grandson's college fund!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT