ADVERTISEMENT

Does new OC impact Deebo?

Doubt it will have any impact on draft. Muschamp wants more output from the offense. This should actually encourage Deebo to come back..

Reactions: cockofdawn
I think Deebo ends up leaving . I know what he said but it looks on most draft boards that he’s a top 10 WR . Wouldn’t be shocked if he goes .

he will be back.... He "right now" is a 3rd rounder at Best. he needs to show he isnt still "injured"..
^This.

With the exception of Clowney, we hear about how our guys are projected as "X" rounders, only to see them fall to 1-2-3 rounds lower than projections. It seems to happen every time. Deebo is good for us, and I love that he's a Gamecock, but I don't see him as a top NFL draft talent at this point - especially with the injury-bug tag.

Reactions: cockofdawn
If I were a NFL GM I’d like to see him complete a season. Selfishly that dovetails with my hopes.

Reactions: rogue cock
^This.

With the exception of Clowney, we hear about how our guys are projected as "X" rounders, only to see them fall to 1-2-3 rounds lower than projections. It seems to happen every time. Deebo is good for us, and I love that he's a Gamecock, but I don't see him as a top NFL draft talent at this point - especially with the injury-bug tag.

Imo all college players shouldn't trust pro draft projections until after they've seen the promised bonus/pay on the contract, gotten the nod from a trusted agent/attorney, signed their name on the dotted line and lifted the pen off the paper.

Imo all college players shouldn't trust pro draft projections until after they've seen the promised bonus/pay on the contract, gotten the nod from a trusted agent/attorney, signed their name on the dotted line and lifted the pen off the paper.
NFL and NCAA should allow them to be drafted and, as long as they don't sign with an agent, be able to come back....similar to baseball. That may harm the draft pick but still would get a good idea where they are in the pecking order.

I don’t think he’s anywhere near a 3rd round pick but neither were Quarles, Hampton , Ace, Etc etc etc etc . Didn’t stop them from jumping at the $$$.

I think Deebo ends up leaving . I know what he said but it looks on most draft boards that he’s a top 10 WR . Wouldn’t be shocked if he goes .
Really? Wow! That's great... but what round? If not 1, 2, 3, it's not worth it. Proven time and again.

Really? Wow! That's great... but what round? If not 1, 2, 3, it's not worth it. Proven time and again.

For what it’s worth Mcshay had him listed as his 5th Wr on the board . He did say however that overall this was a very weak WR draft . The only two receivers he had going in the first were Ridley and Kirk . I don’t think Deebo should go but if our history is any indication, It wouldn’t surprise me .

I don’t think he’s anywhere near a 3rd round pick but neither were Quarles, Hampton , Ace, Etc etc etc etc . Didn’t stop them from jumping at the $$$.

Yep. We've seemingly had an overabundance of selfish idiots over the years.

Reactions: jonesz21
For what it’s worth Mcshay had him listed as his 5th Wr on the board . He did say however that overall this was a very weak WR draft . The only two receivers he had going in the first were Ridley and Kirk . I don’t think Deebo should go but if our history is any indication, It wouldn’t surprise me .
Agree on the weak draft for receivers but Deebo has speed and special teamss experience. He will be a top 100 pick assuming he runs ok (which he should be a sub 4.55 guy).

And, on what draft boards does he even make the Top 10 at WR? This year's draft is loaded with talented WR's who are NOT coming off surgery. Deebo has never made it through an entire season without sustaining some type of injury. He would be a huge risk if taken in this year's draft.

Where did you get this information??? I would like to share it.

Where did you get this information??? I would like to share it.

Mcshay and Kifer are both doing pre draft segments on Sportcenter and they had Deebo in their top 5 WR’s . They were actually discussing QB’s but they were listing the top 5 eligible players by position . I was pretty surprised actually . Of course these are the same clowns that said Jimmy Clausen and Blaine Gabbert were gonna be pro bowl QB’s .

Deebo isn't going anywhere. As talented as he is at USC, I don't think that he is a talent that the NFL is going to be trying to trade up to get. That being said, what he need to do to improve his stock is to play a full season without getting hurt so he doesn't get the " injury prone" tag. Regardless, whomever is the OC, one can easily figure that he will be the main cog in any offense. Was this year. And that was a huge part of the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT