ADVERTISEMENT

Does the Low Wonderlic Score Effect When Deshaun Watson is Selected?

NFL Draft 2017: Deshaun Watson's Wonderlic score lowest of QBs, comments on scores being public

Didn't seem to translate into his playing poorly at the college level? Maybe the low score coupled with Clemson's offensive scheme means Watson slides out of the first round?

I really don't understand how an NFL GM would not select Watson as the first QB notwithstanding his low intelligence test score. Probably doesn't mean jack.

It would be a benefit to Watson if he is not drafted early. Due to being picked by a better team.

Spiller scored a 9. For reference, the average janitor scores a 14. A score of 10 suggests literacy.

2008 All ACC Academic Team

Looks at Spiller's info that Clemturd put out.

Somehow, a person that scored 9 on the Wonderlic (which is borderline retarded) graduated from Clemturd in 3.5 years and was First Team Academic All-ACC.

They are cheating. Anybody with an ounce of sense knows what is going on.

cj-spiller-usa-today-full.jpg

So if the NCAA has no jurisdiction over who church can give money to, nor who a private entity can give money to, how is it proved their cheating? They have this thing figured out just like Bama.

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
Seems like people are putting too much emphasis on just 1 of many factors a team will look at when deciding.

While I disagree that a 20 should be considered average, there are plenty of successful players, including QBs, who did not score well on that test.

Are you saying the Bears should be added to the list? Or the fact that he went from the Browns to the Bears?

The Browns management is the worst across all the professional sports. It's insane that Haslam is letting this happen. He needs to stick to Pilot / Flying J truck stops.
It's gotten from bad to worst.

I think you're exaggerating a bit. If Watson flames out in the NFL, it won't be the Browns' fault.

Reactions: BigTomE
As a long time special ed school teacher, about to retire at the end of this school year, I can tell you the range of the average IQ is between 85-115. If Watson's IQ rates out as 100, that isn't the high end of average, it is smack in the middle of the curve... Anyone remember the old Bell Curve? Just my 2 cents on IQ ranges. I'm not making any judgement on anyone's IQ.

Reactions: fightingcock103
yes, the average American is 98. that makes 100 the high end of average.
What kind of spin is that?
100 is just above the average. That's a better description of his score.

I made a 72 on a test, I'm at the high end of passing.
I've got 98 cents, I can't get the dollar menu item because i'm at the low end of the dollar.

Just saw where Deshaun Watson was dressed last night in a Michael Strahan J.C. Penney suit costing around $200 and a pair of "pimp-daddy" smoking slippers with spikes on the side worth $1,995.00 Maybe those wonderlic scores are valid after all, LOL.

Looks at Spiller's info that Clemturd put out.

Somehow, a person that scored 9 on the Wonderlic (which is borderline retarded) graduated from Clemturd in 3.5 years and was First Team Academic All-ACC.

They are cheating. Anybody with an ounce of sense knows what is going on.

cj-spiller-usa-today-full.jpg
I've been saying the same thing for years.

Spiller graduated in 3.5 years, yet when he came to speak at our church you couldn't hardly understand what the guys was saying.

I'm hearing they get the advantage of taking lots of online courses, so I'm sure that's how some of the game is played.

There is NO WAY DWatson, or even the smartest college student, could ever study enough for school and put in the time in the film room, weight room, practice field, and have a social life. That alone tells me they cheat and the shame of it all it does nothing but hurt the kids in the long run. But it does allow them to keep recruiting like they are and that's almost impossible to keep pace with when you get that kind of talent on the field.

From my experience, it would be a breeze a few years out of HS and/or if you happened to go to college right away. I went back after many years, but my core stuff was long done, so I couldn't remember everything from 20 years before. Most of us 30-40+ schlubs on here would be lucky to get a 20, anyone who just finished school with no 20-year lapse should do better

I took it in my mid 30s for the first time and made a 37. Doesn't test anything you learned in school apart from what's the 11th month of the year. It tests intelligence, not information retained.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT