ADVERTISEMENT

Does ut skull drag us or

If our offense can put together drives (even if not scoring every time) and give our defense a break our defense can probably keep it close. We seem to be more of a bend but don't break type of defense, so keeping fresh will benefit us. If we have a bunch of 3 and outs, our defense will wear out and it could get ugly.

5e6.gif

Coach Beamer and the staff are working with this team each week to improve on the little mistakes. This team has been learning how to win at ECU, against Troy and Eastern Illinois. This team isn’t only going to turn the corner, it’s going to keep improving!

Yes.
Memories....In 1992 we had Frank Adams....a fine corner and really good kick/punt returner. Who do we have that can return a kick or punt for a TD right now? That year was the first year we played in the SEC and that brutal schedule. We were 0-5 and not because we didn't have good players, schemes, etc. We were 0-5 because how good the conference was.
Of course UT overlooked us and we won a thriller by a point ....great game. I mention all this because that was our first year ever in SEC, and we finished 5-6 overall and 3-5 in conference play. We were so much closer to our competition THEN as opposed to now that it isn't funny. This game could get ugly.

3rd down defense was really terrible against Troy. One bright spot is getting turnovers. Could be ugly.

Yeah, Troy had 21 first downs and 308 yards. Our D has lived by the turnover, getting 3 against UK and 4 against Troy. But UK had 22 first downs. I'm glad with the turnovers, but you can't count on them to end drives. Interested to see how our D continues to perform now that we're largely past the creampuff portion of our schedule.

Skull drag is a new term to me. But I think this weekend is closer to that than turning any corner.

Yes.
Memories....In 1992 we had Frank Adams....a fine corner and really good kick/punt returner. Who do we have that can return a kick or punt for a TD right now? That year was the first year we played in the SEC and that brutal schedule. We were 0-5 and not because we didn't have good players, schemes, etc. We were 0-5 because how good the conference was.
Of course UT overlooked us and we won a thriller by a point ....great game. I mention all this because that was our first year ever in SEC, and we finished 5-6 overall and 3-5 in conference play. We were so much closer to our competition THEN as opposed to now that it isn't funny. This game could get ugly.
Joe Kane and the ESU Timberwolves had a great game that day too.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT