ADVERTISEMENT

Dominos Are Falling

In Beaufort County, we've had 56 people pass away from COVID. That's less than the number of small businesses that have permanently closed b/c of COVID policy.

On top of a thriving Lowcountry year-round population, we will have had over 4 million visitors from all over the US/World this summer. The beaches are packed. The restaurants are packed. Little to no social distancing w/ a large, random sample size....56 people in almost 6 months and it's a novel virus.

In SC, the number is just over 2,000.

Meanwhile, historical averages of Heart Disease and Cancer in SC each average around 11,000 deaths a year.

In Beaufort County, we've had 56 people pass away from COVID. That's less than the number of small businesses that have permanently closed b/c of COVID policy.

On top of a thriving Lowcountry year-round population, we will have had over 4 million visitors from all over the US/World this summer. The beaches are packed. The restaurants are packed. Little to no social distancing w/ a large, random sample size....56 people in almost 6 months and it's a novel virus.

Meanwhile, historical averages of Heart Disease and Cancer in SC each average around 11,000 deaths a year.
What is your point?

I guess I see your point though the relevance is thin at best, and you don’t catch heart disease or cancer from someone sneezing near you so... Literally zero relevance on the diseases... JFTR I am one who is completely against lockdowns and comparable policy that does more harm than good.

I appreciate your post, even if others do not.

I looked, and SC least has plateaued and is on the downhill of cases and deaths.

I guess I see your point though the relevance is thin at best, and you don’t catch heart disease or cancer from someone sneezing near you so... Literally zero relevance on the diseases... JFTR I am one who is completely against lockdowns and comparable policy that does more harm than good.

Chuckles......... my good man.....*THAT* is the entire plan. This is all going to continue until Civil War 2.0 breaks out on Nov. 4. It's coming. Can't stop it now.

Chuckles......... my good man.....*THAT* is the entire plan. This is all going to continue until Civil War 2.0 breaks out on Nov. 4. It's coming. Can't stop it now.
You have said this before about a civil war... That is dangerous language and not realistic at all. If you feel a Civil war needs to be fought over election results I think you are taking things a bit too serious and may have forgotten what an election is for.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
I looked, and SC least has plateaued and is on the downhill of cases and deaths.

I wonder how much that plateau and downhill has to do with the statewide response to the sudden spike that happened throughout June due to re-opening efforts? Because a lot of places (like Conway & Horry County where I live) that weren't doing a whole lot prior to the spike, started mandating mask wearing, and some businesses started taking more serious social distancing efforts as a result of that spike.

So are the downhill trends in spite of those increased efforts, or a result of them?

I take it that you have not been affected by the 56 deaths in your county - you are fortunate. Current models suggest that by the one year anniversary next year, COVID-19 will be second or third leading cause of death in the US. Everyone's actions have an ability to reduce that number. Could be someone you love.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
How many died of lightning strikes? We should ban postponing football games for thunderstorms.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Nov. 4 may certainly be the catalyst but it wouldn’t actually start until Jan. 20, 2021 after the election results have been nullified or delayed so long that Pelosi can become prez. “Mail-in” voting is just a stall tactic so they can tie it up in courts for 2.5 months. At that point, 70 million Americans will realize their vote was stolen and chaos will ensue.

Cancer and heart disease are not contagious

No civil war will be necessary.
Agree just people who love their Country and want to get it back to normal, head shaking the ones that thinks it’s OK to riot, burn flags, destroy property, and want to dismantle Law enforcement. You know, people who don’t want to get back to normal. Let’s Play Football

Last edited:
I thought the mods were killing threads like this, must be sleeping in this morning.

I thought the mods were killing threads like this, must be sleeping in this morning.
This is the free board. Its maintenance isn't as important, being low-rent (no rent) housing. They spot-check it and I have every confidence they will take out the garbage when the can gets full. Too much garbage stinks up the house.

How many died of lightning strikes? We should ban postponing football games for thunderstorms.

Delaying a football game for a brief period b/c of an immediate threat (acute % risk hike)

versus

A multi-month/year(s) lockdown that cripples/destroys people's businesses, minds, health and relationships? Plus, trillions of dollars in stimulus artificially produced by the FED that debases the dollar tremendously and will likely put the dollar at risk of losing it's role as world reverse currency?

Delaying a football game for a brief period b/c of an immediate threat (acute % risk hike)

versus

A multi-month/year(s) lockdown that cripples/destroys people's businesses, minds, health and relationships? Plus, trillions of dollars in stimulus artificially produced by the FED that debases the dollar tremendously and will likely put the dollar at risk of losing it's role as world reverse currency?
Quit whining. You're sounding like trump.
onehundreddays.jpg

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
Just stick your head in the sand for a year or two and all will be well, pandemic over, and 25% of our population will be permanently unemployed.

Look, no one knows the correct avenues to combat this shit unleashed on the world by the Communist Chinese Government. Intentionally done or not, fact is this pandemic began in China, was covered up, severity was not revealed, and therefore our whole society and economy are turned the F upside down, along with many other countries.

We tried social distancing from March to June, pretty much shut down commerce, millions left unemployed, sickness and death particularly in the Northeast.

Tried to return to some semblance of normalcy, other regions spiked, including the Southeast.

What's the answer? Not one person on this planet knows that definitely. A vaccine should help, but not guaranteed to eradicate COVID-19 imo. We shall see. Both sides of the aisle are pointing fingers. When in reality both have made mistakes, and miscalculations in trying to fight for his bullshit. Plenty of Democratic and Republican blame to go around,

Political BS aside and I know that's a huge ask on this board. Why the intense desire to watch another dumpster fire Gamecock season and another Clemson National Title? Both are fairly likely outcomes. Is it the innate masochism of Cocks fans or something else? Or does it just seem like a a good idea for now? And no, I am not a Tater lurker. Just curious as I have watched all the pain of the past few seasons on this board.

Playing the Trump card? Not into politics....Assume this is knowledgement that the analogy b/t our country's C19 actions and that of a thunderstorm is a bit of a reach. :)

Meanwhile Cuomo mandated that discharged elderly would return to ALF and SNF from hospital stays, which led to almost 7,000 deaths in NY of elderly citizens due to COVID. The Feds had sent a 2,000 bed floating hospital in NY harbor, set up beds in the Javitz's Center, and set up a mobil hospital in Central Park IN NYC. Somewhere around 200 beds were utilized. Gov. Cuomo has publically blamed everyone except the one that signed the order, HIM. Come on! Everyone has made mistakes on how to combat this pandemic. Convenient you just choose Trump's 'mistakes'. When he mandated all travel cease between China and the US on 1/31/2020, sleepy Joe called him xenophobic and a RACIST! Lmao, this from a 'leader' sequestered in his basement going on 100 days now. What solutions has Biden offered from the bunker on how to combat this pandemic? I'll wait for an answer...

versus

That would be reserve currency. But I get your drift. It didn't have to get this bad.

We will likely play football in the SEC unless we see a large number of players and staff getting sick.

Meanwhile Cuomo mandated that discharged elderly would return to ALF and SNF from hospital stays, which led to almost 7,000 deaths in NY of elderly citizens due to COVID. The Feds had sent a 2,000 bed floating hospital in NY harbor, set up beds in the Javitz's Center, and set up a mobil hospital in Central Park IN NYC. Somewhere around 200 beds were utilized. Gov. Cuomo has publically blamed everyone except the one that signed the order, HIM. Come on! Everyone has made mistakes on how to combat this pandemic. Convenient you just choose Trump's 'mistakes'. When he mandated all travel cease between China and the US on 1/31/2020, sleepy Joe called him xenophobic and a RACIST! Lmao, this from a 'leader' sequestered in his basement going on 100 days now. What solutions has Biden offered from the bunker on how to combat this pandemic? I'll wait for an answer...
Voter registration physicians.

That would be reserve currency. But I get your drift. It didn't have to get this bad.

We will likely play football in the SEC unless we see a large number of players and staff getting sick.
Per an article on espn.com, the growing concern among Power 5 schools is that they have identified a small but not insignificant number of players (relative to the number tested for it because they’re just now understanding it’s a thing) who tested positive and had evidence of asymptomatic myocarditis afterward. Heart inflammation can lead to heart attacks triggered by strenuous exercise. That’s a huge liability risk for schools even when many have limited immunity from tort liability.

I think one doc said he was “hopeful” that the incidence of such a condition among young, otherwise healthy athletes would be less than 5 percent but that not enough data was yet available to know how much of a problem it is. The article pointed out that seasonal influenza also rarely causes this complication but that the current belief is that it’s more common in COVID patients.

Reactions: Flameout12
Playing the Trump card? Not into politics....Assume this is knowledgement that the analogy b/t our country's C19 actions and that of a thunderstorm is a bit of a reach. :)
I can smell a trump lackey a mile away. Read and enjoy....you voted for him.

Trump's false insistence that children are "immune" from the coronavirus and can't spread it is being undermined by new figures showing that nearly 100,000 kids tested positive for the virus in the last two weeks of July. And some of the first schools that are following his calls to fully reopen are being hit by new viral outbreaks almost as soon as classes begin.
The President, in demanding a return to class and for college football to kick off, is making education and collegiate sports the latest area of American life to be contaminated by his false narratives about the pandemic. Almost all of his assurances about the crisis -- which have tended to minimize its impact and ignore science -- have proven to be wrong.
First Trump said the pandemic would not take hold of the United States, but it did. Then he said it would simply disappear and it didn't. Then the President said it was safe to open state economies before the pathogen was fully under control -- steps which helped cause a viral eruption across southern and western states. He's argued against all the principles of epidemiology that testing doesn't matter -- even though nations that have done better than the US have used that route to get the virus under control. Last week, Trump said that there might be a vaccine before Election Day in another self-serving political comment. Now firms developing the inoculation and experts say that's likely impossible.
Instead of taking the worst public health crisis in 100 years seriously and working with fact-based and scientific approaches, Trump has devoted his energy and that of the White House to arguing that a response that is clearly disastrous is a glowing success. He's spent weeks peddling non-cures and portraying the economy in the midst of a "boom" -- even though millions of Americans remain unemployed.
And on and on.

Per an article on espn.com, the growing concern among Power 5 schools is that they have identified a small but not insignificant number of players (relative to the number tested for it because they’re just now understanding it’s a thing) who tested positive and had evidence of asymptomatic myocarditis afterward. Heart inflammation can lead to heart attacks triggered by strenuous exercise. That’s a huge liability risk for schools even when many have limited immunity from tort liability.

I think one doc said he was “hopeful” that the incidence of such a condition among young, otherwise healthy athletes would be less than 5 percent but that not enough data was yet available to know how much of a problem it is. The article pointed out that seasonal influenza also rarely causes this complication but that the current belief is that it’s more common in COVID patients.
Yep....all it takes is for one young man to die from this and soup thickens.

I can smell a trump lackey a mile away. Read and enjoy....you voted for him.

Trump's false insistence that children are "immune" from the coronavirus and can't spread it is being undermined by new figures showing that nearly 100,000 kids tested positive for the virus in the last two weeks of July. And some of the first schools that are following his calls to fully reopen are being hit by new viral outbreaks almost as soon as classes begin.
The President, in demanding a return to class and for college football to kick off, is making education and collegiate sports the latest area of American life to be contaminated by his false narratives about the pandemic. Almost all of his assurances about the crisis -- which have tended to minimize its impact and ignore science -- have proven to be wrong.
First Trump said the pandemic would not take hold of the United States, but it did. Then he said it would simply disappear and it didn't. Then the President said it was safe to open state economies before the pathogen was fully under control -- steps which helped cause a viral eruption across southern and western states. He's argued against all the principles of epidemiology that testing doesn't matter -- even though nations that have done better than the US have used that route to get the virus under control. Last week, Trump said that there might be a vaccine before Election Day in another self-serving political comment. Now firms developing the inoculation and experts say that's likely impossible.
Instead of taking the worst public health crisis in 100 years seriously and working with fact-based and scientific approaches, Trump has devoted his energy and that of the White House to arguing that a response that is clearly disastrous is a glowing success. He's spent weeks peddling non-cures and portraying the economy in the midst of a "boom" -- even though millions of Americans remain unemployed.
And on and on.

You must have lost your sense of smell then. Speaking of politics, that copy & paste bolded paragraph reads like the Democratic game plan for election mayhem.

Death rates are all that matters. PCR testing is wildly inaccurate, especially in the asymptomatic, and it was stated as such by the inventor, Kary Mullins.

There has never been a successful human coronavirus vaccine made in human history.

But have they measured duration? Heart inflammation can occur in many flus, etc. as well for a certain period of time following the sickness. It's a response from your body's systemic defenses and cytokine activity. Very common.

Charleston County: Population (Full-time residents): 411,406 (2019)

Charleston Tourism: Over 7,000,000 people per year from all over the globe

Total coronavirus deaths: 196

Death rate is consistent with the figures in Beaufort County, as well as South Carolina as a whole.

No political dogma. Just massive, statistically significant sample sizes w/ consistent results.

But have they measured duration? Heart inflammation can occur in many flus, etc. as well for a certain period of time following the sickness. It's a response from your body's systemic defenses and cytokine activity. Very common.
They haven’t, presumably because their sample size is small and they don’t have much longitude to work with. But IIRC, the doctors interviewed for the article stated that the typical risk window for the type of inflammation/damage they were seeing was 3-6 months. They also noted that flu can cause the same syndrome but that it is typically rarer and less severe w/flu than what they have observed with COVID. Like so much of this, the science is evolving in real time.

Reactions: Thirdcatgy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT