ADVERTISEMENT

Don`t say sitting out bowl game and then complain if we go 7-6. It is still selfish. Tired

psycock

Jan 20, 2001
of hearing people say bowl game is nothing to play for, then hearing people(some are same) saying it will be a huge step back for the program, this is a "must win," etc. You can`t have it both ways. This game is very important, for recruiting, momentum, etc. So don`t say it`s ok for Deebo, or anyone else, to sit out this game and then want to overhaul the program if we lose. I love Deebo but I`m very disappointed. You should not bail out on your team unless you are hurt.

Like I've said there ain't no meaningless bowl games when you won 3 games 3 years ago. We get $$$ to play in this meaningless game so knock it off with meaningless crap already.

1. It’s a consolation bowl. There is very little to play for. If we win we might crack the top 25 but I doubt it. If we lose we finish 7-6. Doesn’t matter much either way.

2. We need to beat Virginia bc they stink at football. If we lose to them we can’t seriously pretend to be an SEC contender. When’s the last time an SEC contender lost to Virginia?

3. It’s ok for Deebo or any player to sit out a lower tier bowl game. Deebo has given his all the last few years, a few of which have been cut short by injury. He played a great game last week against Akron and is leaving on a high note. I Wish him the best and the rest of the fans should too.

4. Guess you were ok Marcus Lattimore tore his legs up for USC and never played a down of pro football. You can’t have it both ways either....say it’s not ok for a kid to potentially lose his future to win a bowl game we likely do not even make if not for Deebo Samuel. We need to learn to play without him anyway. Even if he suited up, he was 4 quarters away from being gone.

1. It’s a consolation bowl. There is very little to play for. If we win we might crack the top 25 but I doubt it. If we lose we finish 7-6. Doesn’t matter much either way.

2. We need to beat Virginia bc they stink at football. If we lose to them we can’t seriously pretend to be an SEC contender. When’s the last time an SEC contender lost to Virginia?

3. It’s ok for Deebo or any player to sit out a lower tier bowl game. Deebo has given his all the last few years, a few of which have been cut short by injury. He played a great game last week against Akron and is leaving on a high note. I Wish him the best and the rest of the fans should too.

4. Guess you were ok Marcus Lattimore tore his legs up for USC and never played a down of pro football. You can’t have it both ways either....say it’s not ok for a kid to potentially lose his future to win a bowl game we likely do not even make if not for Deebo Samuel. We need to learn to play without him anyway. Even if he suited up, he was 4 quarters away from being gone.
So what's your point are you saying you're not going to watch or what? Marcus would tell you he's right where he needs to be right now if you'd ask him. We need to beat Va because they stink in football who are we to say at this point who stinks in football? I think the school gets around $300,000 to play or close to that. Again, we are the most spoiled underachievers on earth.

Reactions: Jpcooper
So what's your point are you saying you're not going to watch or what? Marcus would tell you he's right where he needs to be right now if you'd ask him. We need to beat Va because they stink in football who are we to say at this point who stinks in football? I think the school gets around $300,000 to play or close to that. Again, we are the most spoiled underachievers on earth.

I will watch. In fact I’ll probably attend in person.

Virginia sucks at football. Look at the schedule. Look at the scores. They’d be lucky to get 3 SEC wins tops.

What do you want Marcus to say....I should’ve sat out and gone pro? Once that handoff against Tennessee happened everyone knew he was done. Yet you want to throw a stone at Deebo for not taking that same risk.

Disagree with your spoiled underachievers comment. I’m just not going to kiss butt and act like the Belk Bowl is going to get us over the hump against UGA and win the East. It’s just not that big of a deal in my opinion. Yours may be different. That and $1.50 will still buy you a paper.

Reactions: ddw1263
I will watch. In fact I’ll probably attend in person.

Virginia sucks at football. Look at the schedule. Look at the scores. They’d be lucky to get 3 SEC wins tops.

What do you want Marcus to say....I should’ve sat out and gone pro? Once that handoff against Tennessee happened everyone knew he was done. Yet you want to throw a stone at Deebo for not taking that same risk.

Disagree with your spoiled underachievers comment. I’m just not going to kiss butt and act like the Belk Bowl is going to get us over the hump against UGA and win the East. It’s just not that big of a deal in my opinion. Yours may be different. That and $1.50 will still buy you a paper.
So you're going to attend even though you think its' silly to play it? You just contradicted yourself so I guess it ain't meaningless after all...lol.. GO COCKS

Reactions: Jpcooper
So you're going to attend even though you think its' silly to play it? You just contradicted yourself so I guess it ain't meaningless after all...lol.. GO COCKS

Never said it was silly to play it. The team should play. Not necessarily Deebo.

I go to my daughters gymnastics class. Doesn’t mean it means 2 $hits in the grand scheme of life...kind of like this bowl game.

I’ve also attended some really crappy men’s basketball games at the end of the season that I knew walking into the game we would just be playing in the sec tourney play in game the next week.

I don’t always attend because it “means something” other than I enjoy watching my school play

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT