ADVERTISEMENT

Don't look now Houston 65 GMarshall 54

Houston was never a loss that bothered me, nor was Witchita st. BUT, N Iowa and Stetson= losses that bother me to this day.
If we had beaten just STETSON of that group, then start 2-2 in the SEC like we have with a win over Ky... I’d feel pretty good about where we are to challenge for a spot in the dance. WITH the Stetson loss and the other two bad ones... Nah, we are NIT bound at best rn. We have a terrible loss to offset each of our 3 good wins. One terrible loss- no big deal. THREE... Oofff... We need to rip the SEC a new one to get in the dance.

Houston was never a loss that bothered me, nor was Witchita st. BUT, N Iowa and Stetson= losses that bother me to this day.
If we had beaten just STETSON of that group, then start 2-2 in the SEC like we have with a win over Ky... I’d feel pretty good about where we are to challenge for a spot in the dance. WITH the Stetson loss and the other two bad ones... Nah, we are NIT bound at best rn. We have a terrible loss to offset each of our 3 good wins. One terrible loss- no big deal. THREE... Oofff... We need to rip the SEC a new one to get in the dance.
N. Iowa shouldn't bother you. They are 16-2.

We have 2 bad losses.. We can erase those if we get another big win.

I think we'd all like to not have to erase shty losses, but under Coach Martin that seems to be the deal. Hopefully this is a year we get it done. I know winning 2 big games has been fun. Hope this train keeps chugging!

N. Iowa shouldn't bother you. They are 16-2.
In the Missouri Valley conference. I get they are the best team in that conference but we should not lose to that team. Boston U is 4-2 in the Patriot League, does that mean they weren't such a bad loss? Northern Iowa certainly is not as bad of a loss as I thought it was at the time it happened, but nobody is going into that game assuming it is an L beforehand. I figured Wtchita would beat us, Houston I figured at a 50/50... But those other three.. Ooff

In the Missouri Valley conference. I get they are the best team in that conference but we should not lose to that team. Boston U is 4-2 in the Patriot League, does that mean they weren't such a bad loss? Northern Iowa certainly is not as bad of a loss as I thought it was at the time it happened, but nobody is going into that game assuming it is an L beforehand. I figured Wtchita would beat us, Houston I figured at a 50/50... But those other three.. Ooff
That actually is a good basketball conference and they aren't 16 and 2 in conference... They beat #20 Colorado already... Valpo... One of there losses was by 4 at #12West Virginia..... N.Iowa will probably be ranked this week. Like it or not it's not a bad loss..

That actually is a good basketball conference and they aren't 16 and 2 in conference... They beat #20 Colorado already... Valpo... One of there losses was by 4 at #12West Virginia..... N.Iowa will probably be ranked this week. Like it or not it's not a bad loss..
Subjective, your opinion- it is to me. It is exactly like the App State loss in FB.

16 and 2 isn't there conference record ?? you compare it to stesons 4 and 2 conference record... lmao... they are 16 and 2 on the year...yea Stetson is a bad loss but n.Iowa is no were near that....js

16 and 2 isn't there conference record ?? you compare it to stesons 4 and 2 conference record... lmao... they are 16 and 2 on the year...yea Stetson is a bad loss but n.Iowa is no were near that....js
I said they are in that conference- nobody is stupid enough to think every game a team plays is in conference. why are y'all so offended by me not liking this loss? You can be in love with the fact we lost to a shitty team from a shitty conference if you want, I think it sucks that we lost to three teams that we should not have. That is my opinion. Yours is that N Iowa is a juggernaut who can’t be stopped and will win the NC this year. We can disagree it is fine..

I said they are in that conference- nobody is stupid enough to think every game a team plays is in conference. why are y'all so offended by me not liking this loss? You can be in love with the fact we lost to a shitty team from a shitty conference if you want, I think it sucks that we lost to three teams that we should not have. That is my opinion. Yours is that N Iowa is a juggernaut who can’t be stopped and will win the NC this year. We can disagree it is fine..
didn't say anything to that affect.... just pointing out there record... even said Stetson was a bad loss...sorry I responded...

The Tennessee loss is just as bad IMO...it was on their floor, but they could not make a basket - we just tried hard to ensure that whatever points they scored, we scored fewer. That was one of the easiest road SEC games we'll have a chance at winning this year: can't give up those opportunities when they present themselves....

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky

Northern Iowa - regardless of their conference affiliation or standing - has a current 17 RPI and 35 NET rating. They are an at-large NCAAT team right now. To have beaten them would be considered a "good" win for USC - to lose to them is not considered a "bad" loss by anyone who rates "good" and "bad" wins and losses. Right now as things stand, had N. Iowa lost to us, we would have been a "bad" loss on their schedule....

Right now, as far as the Tournament Selection Committee is concerned, the bad losses on South Carolina's schedule is by far the Stetson loss, the Boston University loss, and then the Tennessee loss, in terms of opponents' RPI and NET ratings, that we lost too...

Reactions: atl-cock
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There ain't a person in this thread that wouldn't trade FFF for Gregg Marshall at the speed of light.

The Tennessee loss is just as bad IMO...it was on their floor, but they could not make a basket - we just tried hard to ensure that whatever points they scored, we scored fewer. That was one of the easiest road SEC games we'll have a chance at winning this year: can't give up those opportunities when they present themselves....
And therein come the stripes back into play. If one recalls, the camera showed the UT fans several times snickering at the one-sidedness of the officiating in THAT game. The officials are either subconsciously or intentionally allowing themselves to influence if not decide games.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There ain't a person in this thread that wouldn't trade FFF for Gregg Marshall at the speed of light.

There is now.

Northern Iowa - regardless of their conference affiliation or standing - has a current 17 RPI and 35 NET rating. They are an at-large NCAAT team right now. To have beaten them would be considered a "good" win for USC - to lose to them is not considered a "bad" loss by anyone who rates "good" and "bad" wins and losses. Right now as things stand, had N. Iowa lost to us, we would have been a "bad" loss on their schedule....

Right now, as far as the Tournament Selection Committee is concerned, the bad losses on South Carolina's schedule is by far the Stetson loss, the Boston University loss, and then the Tennessee loss, in terms of opponents' RPI and NET ratings, that we lost too...
Thanks for being knowledgeable on the subject. Some just say things just to be negative because it fits a narrative. Anyone who has done 2 minutes of research would know that N.Iowa is a really good basketball team... You don't have to be a power 5 to be great in basketball.

False

I was at that football game. The referees let UT hammer the shit out of us all game. We got away with a few rough plays ourselves. Then at the end with the game on the line they called a touch foul out front on Bryant which gave UT two foul shots. As we’re coming down to try and win they call a bullshit charge on Lawson. Instead of having the guts to call the block it clearly was. I want to beat the ever living shit out of UT when we play them at colonial life Arena. I know I sound like a Kentucky fan but it’s different when you’re watching it in person. They would be livid if they got the treatment we get.

You mean the great Gregg Marshall lost a game ?

His 517–197 (.724) career record and 15-3 season record.
13 NCAAs
20 conference championships
10 coach of the year
11 NCAA wins
and Final Four
and NIT championship
and 20 point whipping of us

indicates he loses occasionally to good teams. He is safe from us.

Didn't we get trashed for losing to Houston. (I mean FM)

I trashed it not because of it being Houston. I trashed it because of the lack of effort that was shown that day. I was at the game behind our bench. There was absolutely no energy and there was a lack of coaching taken place by FM. Losing to Houston and honestly any other team on our schedule by 20pts shouldn't be acceptable. That is why i trashed it.

I trashed it not because of it being Houston. I trashed it because of the lack of effort that was shown that day. I was at the game behind our bench. There was absolutely no energy and there was a lack of coaching taken place by FM. Losing to Houston and honestly any other team on our schedule by 20pts shouldn't be acceptable. That is why i trashed it.
Constructive. Shows you care or something, so I'm told.

Reactions: Cocky4SC and PC31
ADVERTISEMENT