ADVERTISEMENT

Don't see much discussion about the FBI/NCAA mess

USC2USC

Aug 6, 2001
Several articles starting to list SC in the group of schools that should be concerned. Have I missed it or has there been almost nothing said to address this by FM and Tanner. No or very little comment usually means trouble. I am concerned.

Anyone able to talk me down?

GO COCKS!!!

Obviously, there is no cheating being conducted at the UofSC. Our overall performance vindicates us of any wrong doing. To even suggest we have done anything, whatsoever, to secure talent is pure folly.

Reactions: 92Pony
I haven't seen anything saying we are or have been, under investigation.

I saw a yahoo sports article that listed 10 schools they thought could be one of the 6 the schools the NCAA says will receive notice. SC was on the list of 10.

What allegations have we been under before under Frank Martin?

As far as the article goes, this is basically just listing schools with any association these these guys. Would it shock me though? No. The only two guys we should be concerned about are Thornwell or Dozier. Dozier was considered a lean to Louisville so you have to think he was probably offered $.

I don’t know...We are the type of school the NCAA would actually go after.

"The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) is a nonprofit organization which regulates student athletes"...
.......what a crock of crap. be done with the BS,

The NCAA and schools that promote big time sports programs are a bunch of damn hypocrites, making money off the backs of 18-23 year old young adults, while choosing how, when and where to pay these "student athletes" .."under the table" to play

Reactions: Kpmack

As far as the article goes, this is basically just listing schools with any association these these guys. Would it shock me though? No. The only two guys we should be concerned about are Thornwell or Dozier. Dozier was considered a lean to Louisville so you have to think he was probably offered $.

Bullies always attack the weak.

Exactly. We are the type of school that would be punished. N.C. did get caught so it makes sense they will punish N.C. State. Lol! I thought a Clemson assistant was on tape talking about this but they are not listed? Our we N.C. State now? Lol!

Reactions: boykinlp
Exactly. We are the type of school that would be punished. N.C. did get caught so it makes sense they will punish N.C. State. Lol! I thought a Clemson assistant was on tape talking about this but they are not listed? Our we N.C. State now? Lol!
Clemson was listed as well. Hopefully the NCAA will go to their campus and start digging around in everything. If you know what I mean.

I thought it was a Nike thing. We are not Nike so I thought it didn’t concern us. So 6 schools are targeted but the NCAA gives out 10 names.
Clemson was listed as well. Hopefully the NCAA will go to their campus and start digging around in everything. If you know what I mean.

Oh ok. Lol! If they started digging up there they would be knee deep in cow shit in about 2 minutes.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Several articles starting to list SC in the group of schools that should be concerned. Have I missed it or has there been almost nothing said to address this by FM and Tanner. No or very little comment usually means trouble. I am concerned.

GO COCKS!!!

In todays' news - what I call "media" - its commonplace for news outlets/sources to parrot initial reporters without adding or back-checking said initial reporters for credibility, just in order to get the "news" out faster. Most likely, all of these articles are simply parroting the original Yahoo.com article by Forde and Thamel, and all they seemed to do was read the original FBI Complaint that was publicized back in 2017, and name all the programs that were named in it back then.

The reason why no one is talking right now, is because no one really knows what will come of all this until more news is put out, that isn't 2 years old. The FBI long ago cleared USC of any wrong-doing that they were interested in, by the end of 2017, and they moved on to other programs. The NCAA deals with rules the FBI doesn't give a shit about, but they haven't sent investigators to USC, nor issued any NOA to USC yet about our MBB program.

So until something else happens, we pretty much have nothing worth talking about, other than - again - 2-year old talking points....

Will be a lot of smoke, with little fire. Football and basketball are huge cash cows for the NCAA and member institutions at the power 5 level. They will put on a little show with a wrist slapped here and there, but they aren't going to go full bore to kill off the wild, wild, west that recruiting has become. I think most agree that the moniker of "student athlete" is a sham. I'd say 90% of major sports athletes couldn't dream of admission to their school by normal standards. The NCAA could cut all of it out by making all schools play true student athletes by making them academically qualify under normal circumstances. Problem with that, is that nobody would watch and you kill the golden goose. If it weren't, the Ivy League would have their own network and be the most watched conference in the country.

I really don’t care what they do as long as we keep that banner. That being said, if we are investigated and they hand down the slightest of sanctions, we need to clean house with this staff. The results aren’t there year after year to even be mentioned in this kind of junk. Until then though, I think the only thing we are guilty of is association with this guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Legendary Cock
I saw a yahoo sports article that listed 10 schools they thought could be one of the 6 the schools the NCAA says will receive notice. SC was on the list of 10.
Bullies always attack the weak.

If we receive a notice, I wish Ray would simply extend his right arm toward the NCAA, and slowly raise the middle finger of his hand.

Lol, seems like the trolls should be more concerned about their assistant coach being recorded by the FBI.

This thread has been very helpful. There is nothing here. But a couple of posters are just dying to keep this non-story alive and to use it as a springboard to advance their gripes. And the conclusion is always the same: "Fire *******"," who can be one or more coaches and/or the athletics director. I realized last night how sick I was of reading their garbage. So I'm ignoring them. If something happens that I need to know, I'll find out about if from more reliable sources.

GO COCKS!!!

I started a thread, but then all the closet Clemson fans came out and started bashing me for it.

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/and-now-the-waiting-begins.299410/#post-4521552

Interesting paragraph from article on the sentencing of Lamont Evans:

The coaches' former universities have claimed in victim-impact statements to Judge Ramos that the coaches' actions damaged the schools and athletic departments' respective reputations and could result in serious penalties from the NCAA for the universities.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nca...ing-corruption-case/xo22zznsuwin1u1pautmgkrsx

Since he coached at Ok State and Carolina, seems that refers to us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT