ADVERTISEMENT

Dorn Smith, the new chair of the board of Trustees at USC

I see. Thank you. Even if it hadn't of been overturned, we don't hold the son accountable for the deeds of the father.

That is his father and if you note, his conviction was reversed by the appellate court.
I never heard the conviction was reversed by the appellate court, I think that’s incorrect. the judge in the case ruled against the jury’s verdict , something that is extremely rare, maybe even a singular event. The rumor around here was....nevermind. I like Dorn and that stuff is 30 years old.

He’s a medical doctor.

he’s “only” been on the board 8 years. With respect to USC’s board, that’s the equivalent of a premature baby.
The fact that he has only been on the board 8 years and has already become the chairman should tell something about his personality. He is also a banker and a farmer....as well one of the top cardio surgeons in the south.

I use to run with his brother, Ral (God rest his soul) back in the day.

Last edited:
I never heard the conviction was reversed by the appellate court, I think that’s incorrect. the judge in the case ruled against the jury’s verdict , something that is extremely rare, maybe even a singular event. The rumor around here was....nevermind. I like Dorn and that stuff is 30 years old.
Yeah I know those rumors too. Small town, money&power, throw in some crazy and only God knows where truth and fiction begin and end. Dorn never drank in college, was not the genius of his class, but plenty smart and a very hard worker.

Reactions: VirgilCaine
Maybe he has creative solutions for removing our current football coach that’s cheaper than the buyout?

CONGRATULATIONS, to my Wofford classmate and fraternity brother.
If you have any direct connections, please please say no more Muskrat after this season and that we need to turn things around and get as serious about football as klempson is up there.

I used to play some basketball with Dorn when he lived in Columbia. He was good friends with Frank Martin Jr. (son of "Doc's BBQ" namesake). Very happy he got the job!

Maybe he has creative solutions for removing our current football coach that’s cheaper than the buyout?

I don’t know how Dorn feels about Muschamp, but I do have two close friends that are in Dorn’s circle of friends, and they hate Muschamp, have from the time he was hired....they don’t particularly care for AD Ray Tanner either, however, they loved Coach Tanner.

As far as creative solutions, he basically owns the Citizens Bank
https://www.thecitizensbank.cc/about/board-of-directors

I’m feel certain he can figure out something

Last edited:
Reactions: vacock#
Please tell me he is under 65 and understands the dynamics of big time college athletics $$$$ , the 2 board members I know haven’t been to a football or basketball game in 20 yrs
And hopefully he isn’t another lawyer on board

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT