ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. Mun Y. Choi, President, University of Missouri

it's so easy to get peoples panties in a wad these days..
Yes I apologize. It was my boxers not my panties in a wad. I am a bit sensitive as my daughter’s former family name was Choi.
We adopted her 35 years ago after she was rescued out of North Korea by a Christian missionary group after her natural parents were imprisoned for life in a work camp. Again sorry, as this should be a sports not social commentary site.

Yes I apologize. It was my boxers not my panties in a wad. I am a bit sensitive as my daughter’s former family name was Choi.
We adopted her 35 years ago after she was rescued out of North Korea by a Christian missionary group after her natural parents were imprisoned for life in a work camp. Again sorry, as this should be a sports not social commentary site.
That's AWESOME for your adopted daughter!!! Good move Sir! Good move!! I hope she's doing wonderfully awesome because of what you did for her!

If you were serious about enlightening us , you wouldn't have started out by referring to us as "morons" This just feels like an attempt to show us what "big" person you are, especially when you're evoking the story if your daughter.

Cool story though, I'm happy she made out and hope she is doing well.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
So...................................he's not VC?
I read his bio. He's from South Korea originally, raised in the Chicago area. Bachelor's degree is in Engineering. Had a high ranking admin position at UConn before going to Mizzou. Doesn't look like he generally f's around

Choi-headshot.jpg

https://www.umsystem.edu/president/about_the_president/

If you were serious about enlightening us , you wouldn't have started out by referring to us as "morons" This just feels like an attempt to show us what "big" person you are, especially when you're evoking the story if your daughter.

Cool story though, I'm happy she made out and hope she is doing well.
Again I realized my over reaction and apologized as quickly as I could. And presented the reason for it- not trying to be the “big person” as you put it. Over the years perhaps I should have become inured to thoughtless and infantile racist remarks- but hard when it involves your own child’s heritage. Enough said. Thanks for the feedback- I will do better with my next written foray into this site.

Again I realized my over reaction and apologized as quickly as I could. And presented the reason for it- not trying to be the “big person” as you put it. Over the years perhaps I should have become inured to thoughtless and infantile racist remarks- but hard when it involves your own child’s heritage. Enough said. Thanks for the feedback- I will do better with my next written foray into this site.
Nothing you need to apologize for at all IMO. The only person on this page that needs to apologize is Rod for intimating the guy is Viet Cong, though hopefully that was just his attempt at being edgy and humorous

Nothing you need to apologize for at all IMO. The only person on this page that needs to apologize is Rod for intimating the guy is Viet Cong, though hopefully that was just his attempt at being edgy and humorous
Rod can be edgy to some but after 20000+ posts you should know him by now. Just leave him in Neverland while his creative juices freely flow. I don’t agree with him a lot and his humor can be ridiculous. However I read him for the dark humor.

I just did a little research on his family tree. This is what I found...

bok-choy-recipe-2.jpg

Well done, I like the way you handled this. I think you'll be a welcome addition to this board. Sorry if I came on too strong, I like to see how people respond. For what it's worth, I have a niece that was adopted from a Chinese orphanage. She's 19 or 20 now and a sophomore at USC majoring in archetcure (academic scholarship, we're very proud) I can still remember my sister in-law walking off the plane with her, it was an incredibly emotional experience to see that, much more so than I ever expected. In short, I understand where you're coming from. I still don't think Rod's joke was racist in nature or malicious. jmho

Last edited:
Reactions: Cockamamia75

I take it with the vocabulary you used here that your username wasn’t mistakingly misspelled? Looks like a great spot for “Cockamania”. Although I’m guessing it was already taken.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT