ADVERTISEMENT

Duke basketball looks beyond amazing!

Mar 12, 2016
Humiliated Kentucky in a blowout. Zion and the other freshmen were incredible. I don’t know if anyone will hang with Duke this year.

If the NCAA really enforced the rules college football and basketball would be turned upside down....
Not really sure there is much to be done about it now

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Best team money can buy!

I realize football is likely just as shady but the NCAA taking zero action to the recent scandal has me disinterested.
NCAA has been told by the FBI not to do anything until they complete their investigation. Doubt the FBI has turned over any information to the NCAA that the NCAA could use to support a case as of yet. FBI doesn't usually share information until they finish with it.

If the NCAA really enforced the rules college football and basketball would be turned upside down....
Not really sure there is much to be done about it now
The big difference between football and basketball is how basketball cheating was organized really at the corporate level. I agree stuff goes on in football but most of this is with individual boosters with a player here or there. With basketball this is something that was evidently built into the fabric of the AAU system and recruiting “one and dones” all over the place. There is NO WAY the NCAA wasn’t aware of this. None.

Reactions: ddw1263
NCAA has been told by the FBI not to do anything until they complete their investigation. Doubt the FBI has turned over any information to the NCAA that the NCAA could use to support a case as of yet. FBI doesn't usually share information until they finish with it.
understood but shouldn't they have deemed some of the players ineligible ad they did Bowen?

Could care less about college basketball now (except our Gamecocks). If I want to watch professional basketball I’ll watch the NBA.

Reactions: 67gamecock
The NCAA has known at least since the 1950s when college ball blew up and got to be big business that it was influenced by money. The big name teams nowadays were the pioneers of the day paying recruits and look at them now

A lot can happen, injuries, suspensions, drama, upsets...so not crowning anyone this early. That being said, I can’t recall a more dominant performance by a team in the past 20 years or so. They were underdogs in that game and Kentucky, who is full of NBA talent, looked completely overmatched.

Hard to ever expect to become good for a sustained period when the money is so prevalent in these big programs. And if they skate after these revelations what’s that mean for all the rest of us?
That’s why I’m so glad we beat Duke a few years back.

Best team money can buy!

I realize football is likely just as shady but the NCAA taking zero action to the recent scandal has me disinterested.
Hmmm, wait until right before the NCAA tournament and then have involved players become immediately ineligible tossing a major monkey wrench into their title hopes. I wish Zion the best but I'd love to see something like this happen to Duke.

Hmmm, wait until right before the NCAA tournament and then have involved players become immediately ineligible tossing a major monkey wrench into their title hopes. I wish Zion the best but I'd love to see something like this happen to Duke.
Me too but no way that happens. Too much $$ at stake. There is no way the NCAA risks williamson's eligibility until this season is over.

Look, I know all the issues people have with Duke. I’m just saying that during the game, that is a talented team that appears quite dominant. You don’t have to like them to admit they’re damn impressive to watch.

I hope they beat the chit out of CleMson.

Last edited:
Reactions: SumterGamecockGuy
Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
The NBA is nauseating. .... I am no Coach K fan (been to too many of his practices through the years and listened to him scream the F bombs while volleyball teams are sitting nearby waiting to get on the floor) but his team was much more disciplined in every way than Calipari's team. Cal is not a good coach, just a tremendous recruiter. And Duke's players take those classes over at NC Central for one semester and then they are done going to class. But as long as $$ is involved and the NCAA gets it's cut, all is fine and dandy.

Best team money can buy!

Football is not as shady, the avenues don't exist. But there was a current infiltration started. That said, football doesn't have first year shoe deals worth millions like football .Football does not play leagues sponsored by manufacturers like basketballl. Football is still ruled by highschool where basketball and baseball is infiltraded by first year prospects.

The first year drafts for those sports must leave asap. Football for college can never have 1-Done scenario, that is what keeps the crooks away for 2 years. That said, the giant influx of Juniors is due to the big bucks if you sign a guy into football. We need agents away from flayers until last minute for sirvosur of sport.

The NBA is nauseating. .... I am no Coach K fan (been to too many of his practices through the years and listened to him scream the F bombs while volleyball teams are sitting nearby waiting to get on the floor) but his team was much more disciplined in every way than Calipari's team. Cal is not a good coach, just a tremendous recruiter. And Duke's players take those classes over at NC Central for one semester and then they are done going to class. But as long as $$ is involved and the NCAA gets it's cut, all is fine and dandy.
Like no other coach screams the F bomb. Hilarious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT