ADVERTISEMENT

Duke beat UK 79 to 71 last night...

Gaimcock

Nov 18, 1998
Not that it matters, but good for Krzyzewski seeing as how this is his last year. Hope he dominates the acc and wins it all this year, unless of course WE happen to make it to The Show this year! Hope we perhaps handle UK in Cola., but we'll see what we'll see.

I hate blue schools in general
Particularly as they have become bigger than the NCAA and more influential, all that said K & his resume are tuff to deny

Not that it matters, but good for Krzyzewski seeing as how this is his last year. Hope he dominates the acc and wins it all this year, unless of course WE happen to make it to The Show this year! Hope we perhaps handle UK in Cola., but we'll see what we'll see.

UK needs to pay more attention to basketball and stop messing with football.

Reactions: uscwatson21
UK needs to pay more attention to basketball and stop messing with football.
LOLOLOL!!! Man come on now, they're just tryin' to look better up in Lexington! Hail, all they really care about is BB and taking our $$ @ the local Horse Tracks!!

Reactions: 67gamecock
No matter the coaches, whenever Dook & UnCarolina meet in hoops during the regular season, I always pull for the visitors to win in a blowout. Anything to make the majority of spectators feel miserable. 😁

Since there are no ties and someone has to win, this is the best scenario I could come up with.

Last edited:
Screw Duke. I hope they're a fringe team this year than gets denied for the NCAA tournament and to add insult to injury, not get an invite to the NIT.
I think you are going to be real disappointed this year. Duke is deep and much more talented than when they struggled last year. Banchero and Keels are very good. They are at least Sweet 16 good and might win the whole thing.

Reactions: alaskagamecock
Hope Duke loses every game they play except for the Clemson game. Maybe they can tie with UNC? Last year or not…screw’em. Hate the people that pull for Carolina / Clemson in football but are Duke basketball fans. No…you’re no real fan at all. (Not saying this is you…just venting).

Hope Duke loses every game they play except for the Clemson game. Maybe they can tie with UNC? Last year or not…screw’em. Hate the people that pull for Carolina / Clemson in football but are Duke basketball fans. No…you’re no real fan at all. (Not saying this is you…just venting).
Hate the people that pull for Carolina football only and could not care less about what happens to any other varsity sport the school sponsors (whether or not these people actively follow the other sports is a different matter). No…you’re no real fan at all.

No use for Duke. They are all arrogant. K is the worst. Also the most profane, in there with Pitino. This year he is taking his victory tour, ala Richard Petty. I’m no Tar Heel fan, but at least Roy bowed out quickly, like Dean, with no fanfare. K will feign indifference as he expects everybody to pat him on the back and kneel down.

Hate the people that pull for Carolina football only and could not care less about what happens to any other varsity sport the school sponsors (whether or not these people actively follow the other sports is a different matter). No…you’re no real fan at all.
You saying this is the kind of fan I am?

Impressive resume and accomplishments during his coaching career however I enjoyed every second of us beating them during our final four run in 2017.

Reactions: Gaimcock

You saying this is the kind of fan I am?
No - I am supporting and augmenting what you are saying about others (to be clear - no, I'm not stating that you are this kind of fan).

Be a USC fan for all sports. That includes those sports in which we are performing poorly (e.g., pull for USC, not Dook in men's hoops), and for those sports you don't closely follow. I may not closely follow the golf teams, but I care that they compete well and represent USC well.

Getting suspended for a violation of athletic department policy for 5 games does not represent USC well. "You" know what the rules are going in, and "you" know the consequences of violating them.

Man their isn't a Div 1 team within the entire state of nc that I give the slightest of a damn about!! My point was merely on Krzyzewski only. I mean hate him as much as you wish, he personally congratulated our Coach and Team back when we beat them in The Show. And his record is pretty damned impressive no matter how much you may hate him. Just sayin'. As far as dook as team, nah, no likes here, no matter what type of game. F the a-she-she period.

Wonder how many times everyone in the SEC wins a bball game except Kentucky! Haha. Means nothing, but gave me a moment of joy.

Good. I hate UK basketball.

Not sure how ANY USC fan could ever pull for Duke after the way that school treated us when we were in the ACC. They were a main factor in us leaving the ACC. Any true USC fan will never pull for Duke, especially in basketball. Their basketball stadium is named after the man who was instrumental in trying to pull Frank McGuire down.

Not sure how ANY USC fan could ever pull for Duke after the way that school treated us when we were in the ACC. They were a main factor in us leaving the ACC. Any true USC fan will never pull for Duke, especially in basketball. Their basketball stadium is named after the man who was instrumental in trying to pull Frank McGuire down.
It was basically a war between Eddie Cameron and Frank McGuire. USC was in the crossfire.

That was a long time ago. I remember it but I’m old. BTW, is Frankie (son) still alive? The dukies said some bad things about him. Beating them in our final four run was fantastic.

Reactions: funktavious
That was a long time ago. I remember it but I’m old. BTW, is Frankie (son) still alive? The dukies said some bad things about him. Beating them in our final four run was fantastic.
I think Frankie has passed on.

The Clemron fans at Littlejohn insulted him so much during our first post-ACC trip up there that Frank Sr. cancelled the series with the Taters. It was resumed during the 1977-78 season.

Insult Frank Sr.? Okay, he knows that it comes with the turf. Insult his son Frank Jr.? War!

I think Frankie has passed on.

The Clemron fans at Littlejohn insulted him so much during our first post-ACC trip up there that Frank Sr. cancelled the series with the Taters. It was resumed during the 1977-78 season.

Insult Frank Sr.? Okay, he knows that it comes with the turf. Insult his son Frank Jr.? War!
Man I was just a child back then when that went dawn. My hatred for that institution became chiseled within Moissanite!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT