ADVERTISEMENT

Duke Postgame Press Conference - Excellent Comments

Right partner and you didnt learn a damn thing.
No, Partner, I'm going to give you a lesson right now. The opposite of success doesn't have to be failure, which you assume I believe. It's a situational thing. In some instances, that would be true. In others, the opposite of success could be incompletion.

No, Partner, I'm going to give you a lesson right now. The opposite of success doesn't have to be failure, which you assume I believe. It's a situational thing. In some instances, that would be true. In others, the opposite of success could be incompletion.
I would argue that achieving success or not depends on the goal. If the goal was to make the tourney, this was a successful season. If the goal was to make the sweet 16, then beating Duke made this season a success. Mind you, I didn't really have any goals in particular in mind for this basketball team, so, now going against my own criteria, I will say that I feel this season has been a great success. You don't always have to win a championship - in whatever - to have success. If you can't find successes in non-championships, well................

Reactions: viennacocks
You cant teach me anything partner except how to be a skeptical, miserable person and I wouldnt let you do that. You still dont get it and obviously being your age never will.

That's has been my point on many of my posts King, we have far too many all or nothing fans like you. If we do happen to be lucky enough to win 4 more who needs you? You can't have it both ways my Gamecock friend, it's either in or out at least that's how I define a real follower of a team. When your team wins you can't be pissed because you were wrong about them. With that I yield back to the chairman.

Reactions: paladin181
I would argue that achieving success or not depends on the goal. If the goal was to make the tourney, this was a successful season. If the goal was to make the sweet 16, then beating Duke made this season a success. Mind you, I didn't really have any goals in particular in mind for this basketball team, so, now going against my own criteria, I will say that I feel this season has been a great success. You don't always have to win a championship - in whatever - to have success
You cant teach me anything partner except how to be a skeptical, miserable person and I wouldnt let you do that. You still dont get it and obviously being your age never will.
Intransigent.
. If you can't find successes in non-championships, well................
Cogent.

That's has been my point on many of my posts King, we have far too many all or nothing fans like you. If we do happen to be lucky enough to win 4 more who needs you? You can't have it both ways my Gamecock friend, it's either in or out at least that's how I define a real follower of a team. When your team wins you can't be pissed because you were wrong about them. With that I yield back to the chairman.
In what post in the wake of last night's game have you seen any evidence of my being "pissed"? I'll hang up and listen.

Evidence? You stay pissed. We lose we suck, we win we didn't look good, or win by enough. Frank loses to Clemson or Holbrook loses to anybody you are calling for a coup, along with a few more experts. People who "get on board" after a NC are called bandwagon jumpers. Now I have a hard break coming up, I'll be right back after this.

Reactions: USC-1
Evidence? You stay pissed. We lose we suck, we win we didn't look good, or win by enough. Frank loses to Clemson or Holbrook loses to anybody you are calling for a coup, along with a few more experts. People who "get on board" after a NC are called bandwagon jumpers. Now I have a hard break coming up, I'll be right back after this.
If I stayed pissed, I'd be pissed today - and would have been pissed last night, wouldn't I? So that statement is indefensible. And if you'll recall, when we lost to UPC, I never blamed Frank. I did blame our administration for not lifting the Thornwell suspension, already punitive and costly, in time to allow us to secure a badly-needed win over our rival at a time when the fanbase was still hurting over the football outcome. I feel the same way now and always will feel that way, regardless of any calumny from you or anyone else.

If I stayed pissed, I'd be pissed today - and would have been pissed last night, wouldn't I? So that statement is indefensible. And if you'll recall, when we lost to UPC, I never blamed Frank. I did blame our administration for not lifting the Thornwell suspension, already punitive and costly, in time to allow us to secure a badly-needed win over our rival at a time when the fanbase was still hurting over the football outcome. I feel the same way now and always will feel that way, regardless of any calumny from you or anyone else.
Hold on while I look up "calumny"...got it...so you think I am slandering you or trying to hurt your reputation? I bet Frank or Chad could say the same about your "calumny" comments.. Come on King this is a message board not Judge Judy. I would be found innocent by a jury of my peers of that charge. Come on group hug...bring it in. PS: You sound pissed again.

Reactions: USC-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT