ADVERTISEMENT

Early Football Predictions and Previews: Game 1 vs. UNC

Perfect tone-setter to begin the year. Win this one and we're likely 3-0 going into Sanford for a David vs. Goliath 3:30 CBS primetime affair.

Disagree…. TarHoles get a TD late in the 4th. Maybe on top of a field goal or two.

Holes- 7 Cocks- 33+

Last edited:
Gamecocks 49
Tar Holes 38

I think the offenses will be ahead of the defenses in this one. UNC has notoriously bad defense. Ours will improve but it will look shaky in game one against a pretty good QB.

Yep, UNC bad D, will probably not be able to keep pace with the Gamecocks.
While I know I predict a Gamecock victory, Mack Brown has done a solid job building UNC back up. That 9-5 team last year could have been 12-3 with a few breaks. They could pull the upset and could be a team to watch this season.

Reactions: heelzfor2
We are loaded on offense and should be able to put up a lot of points. Amazing how far we have progressed in just 2 years from the complete disaster that Muschamp left on that side of the ball plus all the injuries. Defense is going a question mark this year. Muschamp left some players on that side of the ball, but some are gone. We will probably have to win in a shootout. 49-42 Gamecocks.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
As a Carolina fan, I think SC wins. As good as Drake Maye is, we in CH have learned not to be fooled by the hope of a “this year will be the year the defense turns it around” I predict SC stops us more than we stop them and in the end the 70-30 SC fan to UNC fan ratio walks out of Bank of America stadium singing their fight song after a 35-21 victory. For me, it’ll be here we go again. But, I’ll be there plus the other 42 people in our party. Look for me, I’ll be the one in blue.

Reactions: roosterbell
As a Carolina fan, I think SC wins. As good as Drake Maye is, we in CH have learned not to be fooled by the hope of a “this year will be the year the defense turns it around” I predict SC stops us more than we stop them and in the end the 70-30 SC fan to UNC fan ratio walks out of Bank of America stadium singing their fight song after a 35-21 victory. For me, it’ll be here we go again. But, I’ll be there plus the other 42 people in our party. Look for me, I’ll be the one in blue.
Carolina will win. North Carolina will lose.

I don't know who will win. What I do know is that there is no good outcome for this season for South Carolina if we lose it. It will be a two steps backward kind of year. We HAVE to win it.

I really think too many people are not seeing what Clayton was able to do with the D. Go back and look at the spring game. Those guys played way better than last year's squad. They really kept it tough for our offense to do much. I just saw a whole new D playing and really liked it. A lot of people were worried about our RB's, but that D did not give them much of a chance to shine. The days of a RB running around the outside on us are gone and the Line held up really good too. It was just a different D. I look forward to seeing how they handle UNC.

DK has put on a little size and strength and he should have another great game against UNC like he did last game.
As far as offense goes, Once DK starts rolling up some yards like we know he can do, and Knox takes some of those short passes for good distance like he did in the spring game, Spencer is going to get some long ball targets open and eat them up.
38-17 Gamecocks.

Reactions: roosterbell
I think North Carolina was the first University to be called Carolina so like Dabo said, when you hear Carolina, people mean North Carolina or the only Carolina is in Chapel Hill or something like that. :)

Note the Dates on these posts. Good time for reexamination and reassessment.

It's always good to go back and look at preseaon/offseason posts.

It helps combat the revisionist history of "we all knew this was going to be a down year" talk.

Heck, there were people on here talking about challenging for the division this year, and winning out after the UGA game.

It's always good to go back and look at preseaon/offseason posts.

It helps combat the revisionist history of "we all knew this was going to be a down year" talk.

Heck, there were people on here talking about challenging for the division this year, and winning out after the UGA game.
Yep. Remember that guy on the Spurs Up Show getting trashed for predicting 7-5 and him saying its just his honest assessment and everyone saying hes just being negative to stir stuff up?? Turns out he was being too positive haha

• Haha
Reactions: Lurker123
Link it or it didn't happen.

Cliffs: For once, we have the best QB in the East and that should give us a chance to win it.

But to your point, there is a low probability that we win out. But when you look at any of the games we play, I don't see any that are definite losses. Rattler should keep us in every game and give us a chance to win. But as a realist, I know that we always have at least one inexplicable game where we fall flat for some unknown reason.

The second one was certainly less definitive, she conceded we would probably lose one more. But upon looking back, I noticed that both of these were by the same moron. And she shouldn't really be considered anywhere near a sane or reasonable poster.

Still living rent free in idiot Tater123's head. I'm his purpose for living.

The first was before the season when everyone thought we would have Juice.
The second did NOT say we would win out.

Nothing but a tater troll. Period. Always had been.

Still living rent free in idiot Tater123's head. I'm his purpose for living.

The first was before the season when everyone thought we would have Juice.
The second did NOT say we would win out.

Nothing but a tater troll. Period. Always had been.

Lmao

Only you would be stupid enough to cry about Preseason predictions not counting because you made them Preseason.

But, you look like a moron AGAIN. And you're throwing the typical hissy fit AGAIN to deflect.

Right on script.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT