ADVERTISEMENT

Early impressions of this baseball team...

GandBinNC

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Jul 12, 2011
Raleigh, NC (from Columbia, SC)
Way too early thoughts on the 2018 Carolina Baseball team... our new head coach seems to have reintroduced a sense of confidence and swagger to this program that was sorely lacking under Holbrook's leadership. The fire and passion of this team reminds me of Tanner's squads. Refreshing to see. Very much looking forward to seeing how this team fares in SEC play.

I'm reserving judgement until after the totlet tourney.

We are scoring runs so far to me , because we are missing 1 left handed former pitcher. Who was our "power hitter last year.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
I still believe last years team engaged in a mutiny and quit playing for Holbrook or what ever his name is.
Agree...I think there were all kinds of internal problems, and not just this past year.

Way too early thoughts on the 2018 Carolina Baseball team... our new head coach seems to have reintroduced a sense of confidence and swagger to this program that was sorely lacking under Holbrook's leadership. The fire and passion of this team reminds me of Tanner's squads. Refreshing to see. Very much looking forward to seeing how this team fares in SEC play.

u haven't slept w/ her yet have u?.........wait till next weekends foreplay is over ("Way too early thoughts") & u may change yer tune............sorta like seein' her 4 1st time w/out makeup:)

IMO Holbrook made the job harder than it needed to be. To run a organization of any kind that involves more than a few...you set up a clear system and then simply let the people under you determine who, when and where things are done by their own actions. To me it always looked like nobody was sure about anything under Holbrook....and a million things had to be decided.

Offensively I think we are light years ahead of last year. I love his philosophy and the players seem to be embracing it.

We're not chasing nearly as many bad pitches and you don't see hitters trying to pull everything like in years past.

I know we haven't faced great pitching, but the difference is very apparent. I think we take a big step forward on offense this year.

Reactions: GandBinNC
Good pitching will beat good hitting, and vice versa...We will have to limit errors and mental mistakes and take advantage of any generous play by the taters. Clutch hitting and whoever can capitalize will win the series.

-Batters are being patient and working pitchers. We’re hitting .306 as a team, which isn’t great overall for this time of year but solid compared to the past few.
-Different approach at the plate. Small ball is out and the long ball is back...and I love! 16 HR’s, 4 triples, 10 doubles and 45 singles that have produced 56 RBI’s and 63 runs (don’t have all the numbers but one small comparison is 36 runs at the same point last season...considering different opponents, etc. That’s still a huge difference). We’ve only attempted one bunt to date. There’s a time and a place for small ball but it should never be your base offense!
-A lot of young arms are proving to be solid. Won’t go too far into this yet but so far it appears we have solid starters, a deep and talented bullpen and a few strong arms for candidates to close. Kingston is noted as saying Skylar Meade is on of the best young pitching coaches in the game and so far he’s been highly impressive in the way he is working this young group of pitchers, and they are all performing well.

Can’t wait until next weekend to see how these boys do against a veteran tater team.

Reactions: Lakecock1
The Clemson series will tell a lot. There pitchers don’t walk anybody and there hitters are good and patient. They just swept DBU easily. I love the HRs right now. I watch a lot of baseball and the sec is loaded this year. I say Florida, Arkansas and A&M are great teams. Vandy is right there with them.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
-Batters are being patient and working pitchers. We’re hitting .306 as a team, which isn’t great overall for this time of year but solid compared to the past few.
-Different approach at the plate. Small ball is out and the long ball is back...and I love! 16 HR’s, 4 triples, 10 doubles and 45 singles that have produced 56 RBI’s and 63 runs (don’t have all the numbers but one small comparison is 36 runs at the same point last season...considering different opponents, etc. That’s still a huge difference). We’ve only attempted one bunt to date. There’s a time and a place for small ball but it should never be your base offense!
-A lot of young arms are proving to be solid. Won’t go too far into this yet but so far it appears we have solid starters, a deep and talented bullpen and a few strong arms for candidates to close. Kingston is noted as saying Skylar Meade is on of the best young pitching coaches in the game and so far he’s been highly impressive in the way he is working this young group of pitchers, and they are all performing well.

Can’t wait until next weekend to see how these boys do against a veteran tater team.

Also I love the 2-2 counts on our hitters and we swing for the fence . Our players are having fun again on the baseball field. Coach Tanner has made great to hires Kingston and Muschamp

Good pitching will beat good hitting, and vice versa...We will have to limit errors and mental mistakes and take advantage of any generous play by the taters. Clutch hitting and whoever can capitalize will win the series.

Need Hill & Gilreath to be dominant....
Some runs couldn’t hurt

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT