ADVERTISEMENT

East Carolina

I agree we have been lousy for several years now, and not great but a few. I looked at ECUs schedule last year, then looked at ours.......our 3 wins trumps theirs.

I take no team for granted, but if going to ECU to play a game worries people about our scheduling, you better worry more about arse whippings from the SEC and taters. You can't become good again by fearing teams like ECU. I say you take that perceived trap game, and go take care of business. That builds confidence. Would you prefer they beat us at home?
Can you post our 3 wins from last year? I anxiously await to hear from you "real gamecock fan".

Reactions: BlueCord86
...Historically, we've visited Greenville once for every 4-5 Pirate visits to Columbia, which, IMO, is appropriate given the status of the two programs.
For me to agree with that, I would have to settle for a lesser status for us. Maybe I should do that but I don't accede. So I'm going to say that playing there ever is excessive. Ditto Boone. If East Carolina were in a major metropolis and media center, I might agree that playing there is a good thing - maybe once every 10 times.

Can you post our 3 wins from last year? I anxiously await to hear from you "real gamecock fan".

Ok Gomer….I was typing on my phone and my fat fingers hit the three ins of the 2. I don’t bother to proof read this stuff. I stand corrected. Feel free to fear playing at ECU. Eyeroll

812546016328__48091.1600979404.jpg

Y'all have a very passionate fan base. Got an old friend who is a Pirates fan. Such a natural tie in to the real pirates who roamed the Carolina coasts. One of my favorite mascots.. Too bad y’all got the short end if the conference affiliation stick, so to speak. Could have been us if not for Dick Bestwick and Roy Kramer.

Game definitely gives me cause for concern. Few 3 and outs and ECU gains some confidence could be a bad day. They have App St the week before so they will probably be more tested and focused for our game. Not a fan of even scheduling the game there anyway
Way to go Ray.....never should play at ECU

How will we ever get a win at that place? It strikes fear into our hearts. I will say I've always pulled for ECU for some reason when they aren't playing us, but no matter how many videos you post about their atmosphere, I find it comical.
tngamecock, I hope you dont really think I am trying to strike fear in anyone here with my links, yall play in some of the largest stadiums in the country so ECU is certainly not going to do that. All I am doing to trying to share a little info on ECU, their game day tailgates, the stadium and some of the things people can expect to see if they make the trip to Greenville for this game. Get there early and tailgate in the field adjacent to the stadium Gamecocks. Also, in the neighborhoods close to the stadium, people will let you park in their yards for a small fee. Another little tip on parking, can park at the Publix close to the stadium and its only a short walk by the baseball stadium to the football stadium.

dowdy2-1024x576.jpg

Last edited:
For me to agree with that, I would have to settle for a lesser status for us. Maybe I should do that but I don't accede. So I'm going to say that playing there ever is excessive. Ditto Boone. If East Carolina were in a major metropolis and media center, I might agree that playing there is a good thing - maybe once every 10 times.
Greenville-Washington-New Bern is the 102nd largest TV market in the country. Charleston is 89th. That eastern NC Market is bigger than I thought. And it's adjacent to Raleigh-Durham, which is ranked 24th.

Boone is in Watauga County, which is part of the Charlotte TV market, 22nd largest in the country.

I don't see travelling to Greenville once for every 4-5 Pirate trips to Columbia as settling for a lesser status. I would for every 2-3 Pirate trips to Columbia.

I believe this would be our first trip to Boone. Would like to see what the $$$ payout is on this one. Probably paying ASU less to come to Cola as a result, and they are likely paying USC several pretty pennies more to make this trip than they would the "usual" visitor to Boone.

Reactions: heelzfor2
Greenville-Washington-New Bern is the 102nd largest TV market in the country. Charleston is 89th. That eastern NC Market is bigger than I thought. And it's adjacent to Raleigh-Durham, which is ranked 24th.

Boone is in Watauga County, which is part of the Charlotte TV market, 22nd largest in the country.

I don't see travelling to Greenville once for every 4-5 Pirate trips to Columbia as settling for a lesser status. I would for every 2-3 Pirate trips to Columbia.

I believe this would be our first trip to Boone. Would like to see what the $$$ payout is on this one. Probably paying ASU less to come to Cola as a result, and they are likely paying USC several pretty pennies more to make this trip than they would the "usual" visitor to Boone.
They are both the same with me: small-timers. Play them at home or not at all. Don't make it even easier for such as these to beat us. It's plain stupid to do so. It's unnecessary. If they don't want to play us in Columbia all the time, then find someone who will, or find several to play us two or three times at Columbia and call it a day with each of them.

ADVERTISEMENT