ADVERTISEMENT

East looks ripe for the picking again

bushmastercock

Nov 30, 2015
Florida lost a ton on defense including their def coordinator, which has carried them the last 2yrs. Not to mention looks like they are starting a freshman qb.
Tennessee lost their qb along with their top 2 rbs and wr. Also their defense is paper thin on the line and wasn't very good last year anyway.
Uga returns almost their whole defense along with chubb and Michelle on off. They do have to replace alot on o-line and have a very unimpressive qb returning.
Missouri's hc has said that he is taking a different approach to the defense this year so who knows,but they were horrible defensively last year.
Kentucky and vandy could be the teams to beat in the east this year, believe it or not. Both return alot on both sides of the ball and were bowl teams last year.
My guess is if kirby doesn't screw it up uga should win the East this year, unless our offense is as potent as it has the potential to be and our defense improves. Keep in mind this is the first time in 4yrs that the defensive players haven't had to learn a new system

Reactions: vacock# and cocky4
giphy.gif

Florida again or Tennessee. Kirby Smart is UGA's Steve Newton.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Tenn will struggle bad. They had a horrible defense last year and lost their all-time sack leader along with several other key players. Offensively they have to revamp almost all skill positions. Plus there seemed to be some dissension on that team last year which may resurface if they struggle early

Why not us? If our offense is as good as it should be there is no reason we can't do it. I wouldn't put money on us but nobody in the east should feel over confident. A lot of holes on each team.

Any team with a 8-4 record could have a solid chance to win the East, sounds good for us, sounds bad for the division

Looking at returning starters and depth I have to say it will be UGA. But I will say we have the chance to be the Cinderella team as long as our D can pressure up. Our offense will be dynamic as long as our Oline can hold. Mizzou game away will set the tone for our team. Confidence is the best medicine. It's going to be fun to watch!

I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. We've had so many opportunities over the last several years, this year is no different. Tennessee couldn't do it with 17 returning starters last year; Georgia's one dimensional; Florida has no dimension on offense, lost all their defense; Kentucky is suspect, and Missouri is pitiful........... If our defense can really improve and have line of scrimmage control, we have a great chance.

Reactions: bushmastercock
Y'all are buying into that "the east is weak theory". I don't but we will see.

Face it, the east has been weak for at least 3 years with no top end teams. For 7-8 years without multiple quality teams. It is a shell of what it once was. It was ripe for the picking and setting up a dynasty around it. Which is why I get so sick about the state of Carolinas program and the what ifs

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT