ADVERTISEMENT

EJ Jenkins highlight reel is freakish

I’m glad to have him but right now all I can say is he’s big and slow. We can use him though definitely down in the red zone.

Just saying he doesn't look quite as good as Jalen Brooks. Talk about a great highlight "real", that kid had one.
Sorry, auto correct caught me there. Thanks for the lookout. And I never watched Brooks, he was DII as compared to this guy being FCS though, right?

I wouldn’t be shocked. I think he would make a good tight end, but that’s if he can block big guys at this level.
He would be a good tight end if he can block, but at his height, you gotta throw it up to him inside the red zone just to see if he can posterize some 5’11” Db 😀🤙🏼

• Haha
Reactions: Brace1
He didn't really high point the ball on any of the catches. He kinda of just jumps and catches it with his chest.

There is a reason other FBS schools are nabbing these kids. Too many people getting their hopes up.
Exactly what I saw too.... never went up and caught with his hands

Reactions: uscwatson21
Just watched highlights
1) he's not "slow". He doesn't run a 4.2 but he is fast enough. There was only one or two plays where you got to see him in open space on there.
2) there was also only 1-2 plays where he could of actually "high pointed" the ball. So obviously you didn't see him even have to jump in hardly any of the highlights
3) he was actually sticking his hands out a little quick to catch the ball in some instances. DB's are taught to recognize when the ball is nearing a WR based on how/when the WR arms/hands start to react to the ball nearing them.

Thank God a few of y'all aren't in charge of evaluating players!!! I'm not saying this guy is Randy Moss or even good enough to play a down for us. But man some of y'all really don't need to comment when you don't understand what the hell you're saying.

Just watched highlights
1) he's not "slow". He doesn't run a 4.2 but he is fast enough. There was only one or two plays where you got to see him in open space on there.
2) there was also only 1-2 plays where he could of actually "high pointed" the ball. So obviously you didn't see him even have to jump in hardly any of the highlights
3) he was actually sticking his hands out a little quick to catch the ball in some instances. DB's are taught to recognize when the ball is nearing a WR based on how/when the WR arms/hands start to react to the ball nearing them.

Thank God a few of y'all aren't in charge of evaluating players!!! I'm not saying this guy is Randy Moss or even good enough to play a down for us. But man some of y'all really don't need to comment when you don't understand what the hell you're saying.

Amen to all you said! A lot of the negative Nancy's on this board lately are just brooding, pouting poorly disguised tiggers who are still sore that their beloved overrated team (who gets a yearly free pass to the final four, courtesy of the All Cupcake Conference .... 0-6 in bowl games this year) got curb-stomped by OSU, not to mention their superhero didn't win the Heisman either. Frankly, Lawrence should have finished 4th behind Jones and Trask, who each threw for 1k+ yards more than Lawrence, against far better competition, according to Saint Dabo's brilliant logic, lol.

Hard to tell given the level of competition he's going against.

He appears to have good hands though, and that's the #1 issue we have.

Reactions: WingchunCock
All of our receivers were able to catch until they got here. Hopefully, Steppe can solve the problem.
I wonder sometimes how that happens! Same with basketball players who get here and suddenly can’t even make a free throw!?! You are telling me you have played ball since you were a kid and all of a sudden you can’t CATCH or hit FREE THROWS!? Are we tinkering too much with their mechanics or something? What is the deal??

for you jack wagons that are being negative you are watching the video eyes closed. one handed catches, running catching the ball looking straight up and ball falling into his arms. go to the 50 second mark of video and his speed is very good. also he catches the ball where it is thrown.

p.s. i like the back ground music gets me ready for some football

He uses his body well against defenders and appears to have good hands. He also shows ability to go up and get the ball at its' highest point which is a huge advantage when you consider his height. I like the film. With Stepp coaching him, he could be a steal. We'll see.

His QB made some outstanding throws too. He had a great touch on the back shoulder passes, and threw well while on the move.

You're just saying he doesn't have any flaws 😄
Haha. Well it was a highlight video. What a coach needs to see is a video of your 100 best plays and 100 of your worst plays. Making a 1 handed catch isn't hard if you try it enough times. It's about being consistent with your ability.

Looks pretty good to me. Of course, its not my job to evaluate D1 players either. Since I've cleared that up :) I wouldn't try to change the QBs motion either. He's hitting them in stride - leave him alone and let him throw it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT