ADVERTISEMENT

EJ Jenkins highlight reel is freakish

Both he and the QB will be arriving on campus soon to enroll on scholarship and begin spring ball as long as the academic transcripts are cool with admissions. Transcripts were submitted 2 days ago and I understand the process takes 5 days.

You're just saying he doesn't have any flaws 😄
Wouldn’t go that far, but he's still a receiver with adequate speed, good hands and big enough to create matchup problems for opposing secondaries. There are worse combinations of attributes out there.

QB looks like at least a serviceable backup, shows pretty good touch, and enough mobility to get outside the pocket and extend plays with his legs. Not super fast as a runner, but enough to keep a defense honest. Not a bad pickup.

If it were that easy then you would see more 6'8 WRs in CFB.

6'8" athletes rarely make it this far in football at his position for a multitude of reasons. It is not just because they can't play. There are very few to compare him to. Carmichael with the Eagles decades ago? Maybe Parham in LA. Only has 10 catches, but 3 were TDs....which is my point.

I am not predicting greatness, just saying that he may create mismatches.

Feel free to hate on him, your prerogative.

Without knowing the level of competition, it can sometimes be difficult to determine some skills. What I saw was good body control and strong hands. He doesn’t look like a string bean, which means he could add weight. He may not light up a 40, but straight line speed can be overrated, especially with someone that size. I don’t see his role as the one trying to stretch the field, more of a go to possession guy for sure yards.

Oh how I miss the days of throwing jump balls into the end zone and watching Alshon go up and snag them......
We actually had a 6’8” receiver on the roster some 4,5,6yrs ago. I never saw him on the field though. (How do you not try a jump ball with him at least once?)

(Made myself curious; Matthew Harvey: walk-on in 2013.)

Last edited:
Oh how I miss the days of throwing jump balls into the end zone and watching Alshon go up and snag them......
We actually had a 6’8” receiver on the roster some 4,5,6yrs ago. I never saw him on the field though. (How do you not try a jump ball with him at least once?)

(Made myself curious; Matthew Harvey: walk-on in 2013.)

Just because someone is tall doesn’t mean they actually have the ability to jump up and high point the football.

If you watch in these videos, most of the catches when he jumps he ends up just catching with his chest as he’s falling down so it just ends up being helmet height of the DB.

Just because someone is tall doesn’t mean they actually have the ability to jump up and high point the football.

If you watch in these videos, most of the catches when he jumps he ends up just catching with his chest as he’s falling down so it just ends up being helmet height of the DB.
Bro, you're searching for a reason to be negative. All we know as of now is he is a very big receiver with good speed for his height.

Bro, you're searching for a reason to be negative. All we know as of now is he is a very big receiver with good speed for his height.

I’m pointing out the obvious in his videos. You guys are searching for a reason to be positive and embellishing it.

That’s all he does on here. Ignore him. I’ve given up on arguing with these people - waste of time and energy.

U guys need to apply for Drew Hughes job as he is leaving. Seems to be a lot of talent evaluators available.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT