ADVERTISEMENT

Elite academic institution, UNC, won`t let students go to class, but they can still play football! $

psycock

Jan 20, 2001
apparently rules in that elite academic conference(that`s what they want you to believe), the ACC, as well as the SEC and Big 12.

I don't see the issue. As a sports fan and someone who took a couple of legitimate self-paced (virtual) classes at USC in the 90s, I think athletes can and should play sports while non-athlete students can and should take classes online where possible to reduce spread of COVID.

I heard a radio announcer make this suggestion a few weeks ago. Allow student-athletes to play college sports while most students are online, effectively keeping the athletes in a bubble. When I first heard it, the idea seemed silly. The more I thought about it, I have a hard time disagreeing. It seems like a win-win for sports fans and for the student-athletes.

I'm sure some non-athlete students don't agree. Probably depends on what they're studying and how effectively they can learn virtually. There are a lot of jobs today that allow people to work from home. Students studying for those type of jobs should be able to take classes from home.

Just my .02

Reactions: Lurker123
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT