ADVERTISEMENT

Embarrassing

But apparently nobody cares!!
Musselman is completing his 2nd year at Arkansas.
Martin has been here 9 years.
[/QUOTE

i’m done with Frank Martin basketball. Truthfully, I’m done with college sports — I use to feel good about providing athletic scholarships but now those athletes are telling me that my university, my state, my flag, and my nation are racist, and that I’m a racist for supporting my flag and my nation. They can KMA.

Watched the whole thing. It was really bad. Really bad.
We appear to be poorly coached in many areas. It appears tha Frank has rolled out a ball and told the guys go have fun. Worst passing team I’ve seen at Carolina, Can’t shoot the basketball consistently from anywhere on the court including especially the free throw line, We played a zone against one of the best shooting team in the league. How many 3s did they make, 20?

• Haha
Reactions: bflogger28
Dear Frank… For the love of God please quit letting TJ Moss play. He is a turnover machine. He tries hard but he gives the ball away six times a game and makes one three pointer sometimes. I am sure he is a good practice player. Our substitution patterns are horrendous.

Our games are the equivalent of bringing a knife to a gun fight night in and night out.

what i saw was an old man, i'm older than he is, getting rich and lazy on the side line like he was in his recliner watching tv. on the other side line saw a younger coach hungry to win and congratulating his players.

I wouldn't mind giving him 1 more year, but there is no way this roster makes the tournament next year so it would be a waste.

Exactly. Roster is not SEC caliber. But Frank will be here to coach them if he wants to. We will not fire him in this Covid year.

I wouldn't mind giving him 1 more year, but there is no way this roster makes the tournament next year so it would be a waste.

There is now way this roster makes the tourney next year. And no difference makers coming in recruiting. So that begs the question....why would you not mind giving him one more year? How many more years does Frank need to prove that, outside of a three week hot stretch years ago, he isn't going to raise the level of the program. But by saying that you could stomach another year you do show just how apathy has totally consumed USC basketball. It has gotten to the point that nobody cares. Covid has saved the embarrassment of a mostly empty arena this year. If Frank is still here next year, the administration would be wise to rent out a church gym for games. Would save a lot of money and probably be more than capable of accommodating the crowd

I’m done with Frank Martin basketball. Truthfully, I’m done with college sports — I use to feel good about providing athletic scholarships but now those athletes are telling me that my university, my state, my flag, and my nation are racist, and that I’m a racist for supporting my flag and my nation. They can KMA.

Time to find another school/cause to donate to their athletic scholarship fund.

Beginning to think Frank will leave on his own. A couple more seasons like this can mean the difference between resurfacing somewhere in the Power 5 or American/ A10 and ending up somewhere like FIU.

Reactions: redrogers
No, he can choose to donate it wherever the hell he wants. St Jude's, local animal shelter or to nothing, that's the beauty of freedom. Universities/Athletic Depts make decisions and supporters can make choices based on those decisions.
Well said!

I'm pretty sure (no inside info) Frank is not leaving. He will spend the off-season getting healthy and come back and give it one more run. A lot depends on whether Lawson turns pro or decides to come back.

You can't play zone defense against a good shooting team like Arkansas. We've got to find a way to play better defense.

I'm pretty sure (no inside info) Frank is not leaving. He will spend the off-season getting healthy and come back and give it one more run. A lot depends on whether Lawson turns pro or decides to come back.

You can't play zone defense against a good shooting team like Arkansas. We've got to find a way to play better defense.
I am telling you, he's likely headed to New Mexico. Job security. The AD played for Frank in high school. Semi retirement. He only has two years left on his contract. Hoping we don't extend. Who is going to flinch first? He is either going to leave or we extend. I don't think he'll stay with the current contract.

We heard that about you-know-who and look where he is now. Other than the bank, I mean.

JMO this will be handled differently. Doubt boosters belly up to the bar for Frank. His contract will not be extended, sending a strong message to him. So I am more of the opinion he walks first.
His buyout is still north of $10 million. I for one would not want to see us give him that money.

For any of you who have played in any organized sports HS level or higher, you can see when the other team has checked out.
You can list a whole host of reasons, but this group has all the symptoms of team that has just checked out/ given up/ going through the motions, or whatever other euphemism you care to use.
It's sad to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT