ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN ‘s Adam Schaffer says

I still think its Venables job if he wants it or it could be an assistant from a team playing in their conference championship and can't say anything until after this Saturday. I feel confident its not Beamer at this point.

Reactions: Tmac069
I still think its Venables job if he wants it or it could be an assistant from a team playing in their conference championship and can't say anything until after this Saturday. I feel confident its not Beamer at this point.
I initially thought Venables, but there’s no reason it should be taking this long to announce it. He’s available immediately.

They are probably waiting until after this week to talk with Luke Fickell.
Agree....especially with the UND job being filled. The only question is how much does Fickell want to hold out for a B1G job....as Michigan's position now seems pretty safe, as does MSU and several others

Venebles would have to be the dumbest person on the planet to leave Clemson. A pretty good defensive mind in a consistently weak conference. The talent is breaking down the door to come to Clemson. They didn't miss the playoff this year because of defense. It was because the offense was horrible. This guy would never have to worry about job security if he stays put.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
If he does not go to oklahoma....doubt he will ever go anywhere.
It’s apparent by this point that Venables is at least not their top choice. Whoever they want is preoccupied with preparing for meaningful games.

I initially thought Venables, but there’s no reason it should be taking this long to announce it. He’s available immediately.
JMHO (obviously) here folks, but based on Venables previous experience(s), the places he acquired such, his previous highest coaching position(s), and with all the above then coupled with his current salary, and again his overall comfort with where he's at right now, then why with even the most basic perception of common sense, why should he even seriously consider heading back to Norman right now???

Further, all the above coupled with the fact that BOTH his sons' are currently playing at sCUm, is it truly financially and emotionally worth all the $$ to Venables to shakeup his family's comfort level right now??

Shitte, if Venables simply stays put right now, enjoys his time with both his sons while they're all three on the same team, then such truly is a very fortunate opportunity IMHO!!

And please God, PLEASE forgive me if I'm coming off as a closet sCUm fan here - and if ANYONE EVEN REMOTELY accuses me of such, I assure you that charges WILL BE FILED against you and you will be financially slaughtered in court by my recently re-retained attorney, Counselor LegalTiger*!!!

But to get back to point in regards to Venables staying put for a few more years, if he sticks with Swinney and together they both get sCUm back to the playoffs once more, then his (i.e., Venables) potential worth for the next upper level SEC Team** that can afford such and will most certainly pursue the very best coach(es) available, then the overall potential for Venables' financial success, comfort and very fortunate happiness with his two sons' and family as a whole, 'tis indeed a very blessed possibility.

In closing, this post here was merely a reply to those that I quoted. Having stated such, I assure any and all that my despise of sCUm is 100% thorough, honest and legit!!

*LegalTiger, Counselor I do honestly hope that all is well with you and yours Sir!! Haven't shot the breeze with ya in quite a bit, hence here it goes a lil' further...

Rumor has it LT, that Counselor Harpootlian (i.e., another sCUm grad that ended up in Law School in Columbia!!) was/is actually the 2nd choice of one client in particular who's home address and previous office/law firm address are/were both down in Hampton, SC.

Word is that YOU yourself somehow successfully declined to be retained by that particular client in question, after you were able to produce that potential conflict of interest issue!! Nothing specific do I have on my end, rather just rumor; unless of course you care to clarify!!!

LOLOLOL!!!! Just Kidding, Just Kidding!!!

**Folks, from a public perception, Venables is BARELY able to pull it off as a DC in the a-she-she!! NO WAY he'd ever be able to "properly" fit as a HC within that same conference!! No. Way.

Last edited:
JMHO (obviously) here folks, but based on Venables previous experience(s), the places he acquired such, his previous highest coaching position(s), and with all the above then coupled with his current salary, and again his overall comfort with where he's at right now, then why with even the most basic perception of common sense, why should he even seriously consider heading back to Norman right now???

Further, all the above coupled with the fact that BOTH his sons' are currently playing at sCUm, is it truly financially and emotionally worth all the $$ to Venables to shakeup his family's comfort level right now??

Shitte, if Venables simply stays put right now, enjoys his time with both his sons while they're all three on the same team, then such truly is a very fortunate opportunity IMHO!!

And please God, PLEASE forgive me if I'm coming off as a closet sCUm fan here - and if ANYONE EVEN REMOTELY accuses me of such, I assure you that charges WILL BE FILED against you and you will be financially slaughtered in court by my recently re-retained attorney, Counselor LegalTiger*!!!

But to get back to point in regards to Venables staying put for a few more years, if he sticks with Swinney and together they both get sCUm back to the playoffs once more, then his (i.e., Venables) potential worth for the next upper level SEC Team** that can afford such and will most certainly pursue the very best coach(es) available, then the overall potential for Venables' financial success, comfort and very fortunate happiness with his two sons' and family as a whole, 'tis indeed a very blessed possibility.

In closing, this post here was merely a reply to those that I quoted. Having stated such, I assure any and all that my despise of sCUm is 100% thorough, honest and legit!!

*LegalTiger, Counselor I do honestly hope that all is well with you and yours Sir!! Haven't shot the breeze with ya in quite a bit, hence here it goes a lil' further...

Rumor has it LT, that Counselor Harpootlian (i.e., another sCUm grad that ended up in Law School in Columbia!!) was/is actually the 2nd choice of one client in particular who's home address and previous office/law firm address are/were both down in Hampton, SC.

Word is that YOU yourself somehow successfully declined to be retained by that particular client in question, after you were able to produce that potential conflict of interest issue!! Nothing specific do I have on my end, rather just rumor; unless of course you care to clarify!!!

**Folks, from a public perception, Venables is BARELY able to pull it off as a DC in the a-she-she!! NO WAY he'd ever be able to "properly" fit as a HC within that same conference!! No. Way.
Day drinking is always risky.

Venebles would have to be the dumbest person on the planet to leave Clemson. A pretty good defensive mind in a consistently weak conference. The talent is breaking down the door to come to Clemson. They didn't miss the playoff this year because of defense. It was because the offense was horrible. This guy would never have to worry about job security if he stays put.
I mean, Oklahoma is no slouch. He’d make 2-3 times more money. Scratches the Head Coaching itch. If he fails, he leaves after 5 years and get a great DC job again.

You know, I said something similar about David Cutcliff at Duke...just win 6 games every other year, get to a minor bowl and the Duke Administration would be happy....ooopppss, not so much anymore...Coach Cuttcliff was shown the door...

Otherwise, I agree with your opinion...Kids are knocking the door down to get to Clemson...

What a BS post. We at UoSC have never had coaches that anyone bid and tried to steal from us. Check our record in football. Dismal.

• Haha
Reactions: Legendary Cock
It would be boring to go through life and not take any risk, and never leaving your comfort zone. I am sure in his mind, he believes he could be successful as a head coach. Maybe he would, but he will never know until he takes the challenge.

Agree....especially with the UND job being filled. The only question is how much does Fickell want to hold out for a B1G job....as Michigan's position now seems pretty safe, as does MSU and several others
In todays college sports environment, I’m not sure anyone is safe. I guess $95 million has bought the Sparty coach some time but it’s ironic it comes on the heels of being decimated by Ohio State. If Harbaugh lost last weekend I’m not sure he wouldn’t have been forced out.

If I’m Fickel and OU offers, I bolt. For the right coach, Oklahoma is a solid place. Even if you fail, you’ll be counting bills Muschamp style.

You know, I said something similar about David Cutcliff at Duke...just win 6 games every other year, get to a minor bowl and the Duke Administration would be happy....ooopppss, not so much anymore...Coach Cuttcliff was shown the door...

Otherwise, I agree with your opinion...Kids are knocking the door down to get to Clemson...
I don’t believe Cutcliffe was shown the door. I believe he stepped down on his own.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
What a BS post. We at UoSC have never had coaches that anyone bid and tried to steal from us. Check our record in football. Dismal.
Well, Bama did try to hire Spurrier when they hired Saban. LSU tried as well. He talked about how he was almost hired there instead of UF. So that’s 1…

Most plausible scenario now is that the eventual OU coach is involved in coaching football today, or at least this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT