ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Bracketology has Lady G's in Greensboro

bowiestar2003

Jun 3, 2011
Lexington, SC
Pretty cool should we land there, not too terrible of a drive which makes it easier for our fans to travel and cheer them on. Keep on winning ladies!

This post was edited on 3/6 3:35 PM by bowiestar2003

Bracketology

Originally posted by bowiestar2003:
Pretty cool should we land there, not too terrible of a drive which makes it easier for our fans to travel and cheer them on. Keep on winning ladies!

I thought we could play in Columbia because our higher ranking?

We will play in Columbia the first two games. The Regional finals or game three and four would be in Greensboro.

When was the last time a Gamecock basketball team (regardless of gender) played in the Greensboro Coliseum?

I dont know but I remember driving up there and back in the snow to watch us lose to WF in the NIT in the early 80's. Could it possibly have been that long ago since we playec up there. At least I think it was Greensboro. May have been that old dump coliseum that was in Charlotte.

Greensboro was the site of our ACC Basketball Championship vs. UNC....What a great time that was...Kevin Joyce wins the jump ball...over to Tom Owens, lay in...and the Cocks win...Great memories in Greensboro that night.

Originally posted by atl-cock:

When was the last time a Gamecock basketball team (regardless of gender) played in the Greensboro Coliseum?
USC vs. Wake Forest in the 1983 NIT.

We need to go support our women. They are the only team worth a darn right now. I...I believe...I believe that...I believe that we...I believe that we will...I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! Let's go Lady Gamecocks! I'm so proud to be a Lady Gamecock fan! UCONN, we are coming for you! You got lucky the first time. This time, your you know what is grass!

...please forgive me sir, for my opinion, I meant you no harm...I will strive to be a better person and not upset you in the future

This post was edited on 3/7 7:35 PM by bosoxcock

Originally posted by Cybercock:
I dont know but I remember driving up there and back in the snow to watch us lose to WF in the NIT in the early 80's. Could it possibly have been that long ago since we played up there. At least I think it was Greensboro. May have been that old dump coliseum that was in Charlotte.
I remember watching that NIT game vs Wake (the only time we've played them in MBB since our ACC departure) in my brother's USC dorm room. It was held in the old Winston Salem Coliseum, not Greensboro.

I think it was a dozen years or so prior to this game that we last appeared in the Greensboro Coliseum - Kevin Joyce's tip with 6 seconds left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT