ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN FPI projects South Carolina's wins, losses for new schedule

A number of people said yesterday that it's hard to see more than 4 wins on this schedule.

The kicker is that nobody's getting fired after this season.

It's a weird season impacted by covid-19, we're breaking in a new OC and...we're in the mix for one of the top QB recruits in the nation for 2022.

Reactions: Cocky4SC
Hard to believe that we are underdogs to Ole Miss... let that sink in...

I don't fully agree with ESPNs FPI. I'd give us more of a shot to beat Ole Miss than either UT or Mizzou. UT ripped us new ones last year.

Here's how I see it:

Wins:
Vandy
Ole Miss (caveat: unless Lane Kiffin works some first year magic)

Losses:
UF
Auburn
LSU
A&M
UGA

Toss-ups:
UT (maybe being generous here considering how they ripped us last year)
Mizzou
UK

Reactions: Thirdcatgy
A number of people said yesterday that it's hard to see more than 4 wins on this schedule.

It's a weird season impacted by covid-19, we're breaking in a new OC and...we're in the mix for one of the top QB recruits in the nation for 2022.
Don’t you wonder how he keeps getting in the mix for QBs? How does he sell that at this point.

“I know I’m 0 for my career at having guys develop under my watch but hey look how many of those guys flourished when they transferred. I’m on my 6th OC though so you could be the one to change all of that.”

I know you’re just stating facts but IMO a coaching staff should never be retained because of one recruit. You see that a lot. If after 6-7 years he is losing to a first year coach at Ole Miss (or UNC), the problem is larger than any recruit.
Getting the coaching staff right is the FIRST priority. But I agree he isn’t going anywhere after this year. Another year on Murray for Muschamp.

Barring a complete collapse, its hard to believe Muschamp would be given his walking papers after this year. If the offense can show some life I can see SC getting to 5 wins. Just gotta steal one you shouldn't somewhere along the line.

Don’t you wonder how he keeps getting in the mix for QBs? How does he sell that at this point.

“I know I’m 0 for my career at having guys develop under my watch but hey look how many of those guys flourished when they transferred. I’m on my 6th OC though so you could be the one to change all of that.”

He's recruited better at QB than Spurrier. Let that sink in. It's beyond me.

I know you’re just stating facts but IMO a coaching staff should never be retained because of one recruit. You see that a lot. If after 6-7 years he is losing to a first year coach at Ole Miss (or UNC), the problem is larger than any recruit.
Getting the coaching staff right is the FIRST priority. But I agree he isn’t going anywhere after this year. Another year on Murray for Muschamp.

I agree, but some see Gunner as a transformational recruit. He'd be the best QB we ever landed (ratings-wise). It's often assumed that a coaching change will cost you recruits, but this is truly a scenario where the ONLY reason we're even in it with Stockton is b/c of our coaching staff...specifically Bobo and Shaw. The relationship ties are VERY strong here...there's really no reason the kid should be considering us. I guess as I see it, it's a roll of the dice. You hold onto Champ for one more year and hope that it lands you Gunner.

Reactions: Lou219
Barring a complete collapse, its hard to believe Muschamp would be given his walking papers after this year. If the offense can show some life I can see SC getting to 5 wins. Just gotta steal one you shouldn't somewhere along the line.

I think we'd have to steal 2 in order to get to 5. The only slam dunk sure thing win I see is Vandy. I've got Ole Miss tentatively as a win. Toss-ups are UT, UK and Mizzou. Don't see us winning all 3 of those.

Reactions: Brace1
If the O steps up, 6 wins should be obtainable. I think both Florida and LSU are over inflated. Also hard pressed to see uga being much better than last year, there is a reason why Daniels isn't QB1 at USCw.

Reactions: 92Pony
Well that $&^$%&^ SOB sure worked some first year magic against SOS his first and only year at Tennessee lol. Good lord that was painful.
People tend to forget about this game. We got spanked hard that game. Spurrier had to eat a lot of crow afterwards especially after the give and take he had with Kiffin at the SEC media days.

Except at Georgia. Even our third string QB did.

Respectfully, after halftime that game we scored 3pts....and didn't move the ball at all in the second half... Dak had 39 total yards passing for the game which of course he played the whole second half. Rushing for the entire game we had 142 yards and total yards for the game we had 297 yards. I wouldn't say that was moving the ball.

I figure 3 and 7 and that’s just guessing right now. I don’t see a better record than that. I have to evaluate the other teams but right now it doesn’t look good at all. We might beat Tennessee the first game because Bobo will bring a different offense then what the Vols saw last year, but Bobo is known in the SEC and some of those Tennessee coaches might have him pegged. It’s gonna be an interesting year.

With a new Head of BOT, this may be WM swan song if we go 3-7, 4-6.

We lost 130 million last semester! The school will likely have a similar loss this fall. Football could loose over 70 million alone. if muschamp went 0-10. He will be back for at least two more years.

Congrats on the win over UGA last year. Before posting about how the SC offense moved the ball on the Dawgs you should go back and review game stats.

I know how we moved the ball. Just enough. My reply was 100% directed at you. You didn’t think taking a shot at our team as a dog fan wouldn’t be met with at least some resistance right? Y’all had every chance to win that game. Just one of those days I guess.

:)
Respectfully, after halftime that game we scored 3pts....and didn't move the ball at all in the second half... Dak had 39 total yards passing for the game which of course he played the whole second half. Rushing for the entire game we had 142 yards and total yards for the game we had 297 yards. I wouldn't say that was moving the ball.

Yeah I know. Totally meant for Slodawg:). Can’t give rival fans a free pass. Especially when we got the win.

I know how we moved the ball. Just enough. My reply was 100% directed at you. You didn’t think taking a shot at our team as a dog fan wouldn’t be met with at least some resistance right? Y’all had every chance to win that game. Just one of those days I guess.
Never took a shot at your team. My point was SC managed 4 wins last year with an abysmal offense. With a decent offense, which I think Bobo will bring, I think SC can win 5 games. Congrats again on the win in Athens but SC's offense had little to do with it.

Never took a shot at your team. My point was SC managed 4 wins last year with an abysmal offense. With a decent offense, which I think Bobo will bring, I think SC can win 5 games. Congrats again on the win in Athens but SC's offense had little to do with it.
287 total yards. Almost exactly the same yardage as 2000, when we singlehandedly ended Quincy Carter's Heisman bid.

Basically, we had about two quarters of offense. The defense was staunch and that vaunted quarterback was exposed whom y'all preferred over Eason and who wasn't as good as the one y'all lost to Ohio State.

Congrats on the win over UGA last year. Before posting about how the SC offense moved the ball on the Dawgs you should go back and review game stats.
If we play you guys 10 times last year we lose 9 of them. No doubt the gods were smiling upon us that day but if Hilinski doesn't get hurt we win that game going away and it would have never gone into overtime.

Yes you did. Instead of using any of an array of words to describe the offense. You used “couldn’t score on a Pop Warner defense”. Trying to be witty so I tried right back.
I actually agree with you in that our offense is painful to watch. But it’s all in good fun giving it right back to you. Now we will be the ones upset at Bobo for the next few years. Your fans around here (Augusta) certainly were.

Will CWM let Bobo control the offense or will he “try to help”?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT