ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN just gave us a great recruiting review

Said we had a lot of momentum and recruits are seeing us as a destination. Also said the class was strong and deep. Gave props to Muschamp for doing a great job at SC.

Good press.
i really though that Muschamp could quite possibly be the best football hire we have ever made. Liked Holtz and spurrier. they did the best they could (at least for a while) but i really believe it comes down to recruiting and great defenses. Those are Muschamp trademarks. Great recruiter, and a defensive genius especially with player development. And another thing. The kids who have played for him love him. He is a players coach. I played ball in high school. Defensive team captain my senior yr. And i would have run through a wall for my high school head coach. If you respect your head guy. You MAKE things happen. Even when your not the biggest, strongest or fastest guy on the team. And trust me when i say. I wasnt the biggest player on our roster, but i made up for it by being really slow! :)

Ty for puttiing that post on here surfincock...heard way too many whines and cries about UGA and Clemson...it's gonna take time but that's ok we keep improving and before long those that covet high 4 and 5 stars will be happy but we have to start averaging double digit wins and they will come

I was actually surprised how close we are to Clemson in the rankings (11th to 14th on Rivals) with the 5 stars they got....and, yes, I know we signed more, but, and it's a HUGE but (forgive the joke), we signed 6 OL to their 2. As anyone knows who follows recruiting, OL are very hard to evaluate and rate and, as a result, there are very few 4-5 star OL prospects. Taking that into consideration, we actually seem to have a pretty darned good class....a lot better than a cursory review would reveal.

I was actually surprised how close we are to Clemson in the rankings (11th to 14th on Rivals) with the 5 stars they got....and, yes, I know we signed more, but, and it's a HUGE but (forgive the joke), we signed 6 OL to their 2. As anyone knows who follows recruiting, OL are very hard to evaluate and rate and, as a result, there are very few 4-5 star OL prospects. Taking that into consideration, we actually seem to have a pretty darned good class.
Not just that but it seems we finally have an OL coach that can develop those players. We need depth but also quality depth because injuries seem to bite us here lately.

CWM does have momentum moving in the right direction. I have no doubts he'll have our defense playing great. If he can find the right OC to get the offense rolling and we win 9-10 games next season the recruiting will only get better. This staff is just making inroads with SC high school coaches and I hope we start seeing dividends as soon as next year to getting back to locking down the borders and bringing the top instate talent to Cola.

I know, Capt Obvious response but surfincock's post made me do it!

Not just that but it seems we finally have an OL coach that can develop those players. We need depth but also quality depth because injuries seem to bite us here lately.
That's exactly right unless we're going full blown Big 12 spread HUNH, which I wouldn't mind seeing but doubt we ever will.

Yes, we do. And IMO, you need to have 4-5 OL per recruiting class, regardless...as most don't contribute until their 3rd or 4th year in the program. Hard to make up those if you take only 1-3 in certain years and a bunch every 3 or 4 years.

Reactions: Tigerof66
Our best run in our history we landed the elite defensive player's instate. We missed out on XT, Wynn, Kendrick,Belk,and Tindall. BOOM has got to start landing player's like these to take it to the next level.

Our best run in our history we landed the elite defensive player's instate. We missed out on XT, Wynn, Kendrick,Belk,and Tindall. BOOM has got to start landing player's like these to take it to the next level.
We were in the final 2 for all of those players and received crystal balls for next year's 5* Pickens. Our recruiting is heading in the right direction.

Reactions: Garnetskies
i really though that Muschamp could quite possibly be the best football hire we have ever made. Liked Holtz and spurrier. they did the best they could (at least for a while) but i really believe it comes down to recruiting and great defenses. Those are Muschamp trademarks. Great recruiter, and a defensive genius especially with player development. And another thing. The kids who have played for him love him. He is a players coach. I played ball in high school. Defensive team captain my senior yr. And i would have run through a wall for my high school head coach. If you respect your head guy. You MAKE things happen. Even when your not the biggest, strongest or fastest guy on the team. And trust me when i say. I wasnt the biggest player on our roster, but i made up for it by being really slow! :)
the lisp and the visor were not hungry

boom has energy and a fire in his belly

we're building something here

go cocks!

Reactions: Scuba_do
Said we had a lot of momentum and recruits are seeing us as a destination. Also said the class was strong and deep. Gave props to Muschamp for doing a great job at SC.

Good press.
As CWM said Wednesday, WE got better this week. I totally believe him and we still have 5 spots left.

I agree. i really think our patience and tolerance will be rewarded extremely well in the very near future. I really like Boom. Great personality. And a good guy. We are on our way!!!!
the lisp and the visor were not hungry

boom has energy and a fire in his belly

we're building something here

go cocks!

I was actually surprised how close we are to Clemson in the rankings (11th to 14th on Rivals) with the 5 stars they got....and, yes, I know we signed more, but, and it's a HUGE but (forgive the joke), we signed 6 OL to their 2. As anyone knows who follows recruiting, OL are very hard to evaluate and rate and, as a result, there are very few 4-5 star OL prospects. Takinretiresg that into consideration, we actually seem to have a pretty darned good class....a lot better than a cursory review would reveal.
Unpossible. Taters have 12 of the top ten recruits and USC is 3 star U.

I was actually surprised how close we are to Clemson in the rankings (11th to 14th on Rivals) with the 5 stars they got....and, yes, I know we signed more, but, and it's a HUGE but (forgive the joke), we signed 6 OL to their 2. As anyone knows who follows recruiting, OL are very hard to evaluate and rate and, as a result, there are very few 4-5 star OL prospects. Taking that into consideration, we actually seem to have a pretty darned good class....a lot better than a cursory review would reveal.
Lol. Clemson had a top five class. Rivals goes by a star point system. We have 23 recruits ..Clemson has 15. Their 15 recruits total more points than our 23...they got the top player in 5 states. There is no comparison in classes

Reactions: griffgolf
Lol. Clemson had a top five class. Rivals goes by a star point system. We have 23 recruits ..Clemson has 15. Their 15 recruits total more points than our 23...they got the top player in 5 states. There is no comparison in classes
They are 11th, we are 14th. Period. If they took 6 OL instead of 2, it is highly likely they'd have 4 more 3 stars in place of their higher rated recruits. Hope they continue taking 2 OL each year...those 5 star QBs will be sitting on their @$$.

That is called having deceptive speed!!

I agree it was a good class. Champ has it going in the right direction. I just wish the in state high school talent was a little better compared to NC, GA and FL. Now we need a great OC hire. Almost forgot, Champs wife is hot too.

They are 11th, we are 14th. Period. If they took 6 OL instead of 2, it is highly likely they'd have 4 more 3 stars in place of their higher rated recruits. Hope they continue taking 2 OL each year...those 5 star QBs will be sitting on their @$$.
That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You mean they isn't four and five star offense of line men out there??

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You mean they isn't four and five star offense of line men out there??
Not many....either with respect to total number compared to other positions or as a percentage of total number of offensive linemen rated. And please try to use the English language on this site.

Last edited:
You keep mentioning Clemson’s small OL take this year, but that has been their recruiting forecast and plan for the entire year. It’s no mystery. You want to have, ideally, 16-18 serviceable OL on roster. Taking 2 in a given year doesn’t matter much if you’re managing your takes to your overall roster target. Call it mismanagement if you like, but it’s not really accurate. They’ll take a 3rd OL if it’s somebody oversign-worthy. Probably won’t take another 3* OL.

You keep mentioning Clemson’s small OL take this year, but that has been their recruiting forecast and plan for the entire year. It’s no mystery. You want to have, ideally, 16-18 serviceable OL on roster. Taking 2 in a given year doesn’t matter much if you’re managing your takes to your overall roster target. Call it mismanagement if you like, but it’s not really accurate. They’ll take a 3rd OL if it’s somebody oversign-worthy. Probably won’t take another 3* OL.
That was more of a sarcastic comment...as prior to Caldwell's arrival, Clemson did have a problem in roster management with respect to offensive linemen....not signing enough as well as having classes that were well out of balance.

Reactions: Ken M.
Another subtle jab. You think you're as cool as the real Ken M but I'm about tired of your shit.

Dabo installing the multi QB system, so it won't be a problem.

Another subtle jab. You think you're as cool as the real Ken M but I'm about tired of your shit.
Good lord, you need to lighten up. Point out the “jab” in that paragraph I just wrote. Are you having a bad day or something?

I don’t think I’m as cool as anybody else, for whatever that’s worth.

That was more of a sarcastic comment...as prior to Caldwell's arrival, Clemson did have a problem in roster management with respect to offensive linemen....not signing enough as well as having classes that were well out of balance.
They did, and honestly, I’m not particularly comfortable with taking only 2 OL in a cycle. It has mostly worked out...so far.

Reactions: rogue cock
I think Muschamp is a very good defensive coach but does his game plan come at the expense of the offense?

CWM does have momentum moving in the right direction. I have no doubts he'll have our defense playing great. If he can find the right OC to get the offense rolling and we win 9-10 games next season the recruiting will only get better. This staff is just making inroads with SC high school coaches and I hope we start seeing dividends as soon as next year to getting back to locking down the borders and bringing the top instate talent to Cola.

I know, Capt Obvious response but surfincock's post made me do it!
If this offense starts poppin we win 10 games next year.

Replace NC State with a smaller school
Texas A and M at home
UGA at home
And Ole Miss...

The stars are aligned for next year to be a special season.

Reactions: funktavious

Texas A and M at home
UGA at home
And Ole Miss...

Lol, it's still too early for me to make any "way too early" predictions. But before Roper was relieved I was telling people we could actually have more talent next year and not wins as many games as we did this season. Now everything hinges on who the new OC will be and I think next season could potentially be huge.
Not necessarily as huge as in contending for the East, but with the way we played Uga this season in Athens who knows. It will definitely be exciting to see if Muschamp is on the fast track to making us relevant again or...if it will take longer or if at all. Just hoping to hell it's the former. I'm running out of years!

Texas A and M at home
UGA at home
And Ole Miss...

Won't matter where you play UGA next year, we will be better at every position but 1.

Lol, it's still too early for me to make any "way too early" predictions. But before Roper was relieved I was telling people we could actually have more talent next year and not wins as many games as we did this season. Now everything hinges on who the new OC will be and I think next season could potentially be huge.
Not necessarily as huge as in contending for the East, but with the way we played Uga this season in Athens who knows. It will definitely be exciting to see if Muschamp is on the fast track to making us relevant again or...if it will take longer or if at all. Just hoping to hell it's the former. I'm running out of years!
Trust me it was a real big “If”. Schedule is just favorable again...We should be favored, even or -7 or less in every game except Clemson and UGA.

Couldn’t we say your second sentence almost every year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT