ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN spent 12 hours trying to convince the world that Ohio State....

Angel_Martin

Feb 14, 2010
deserved to be in the playoff over Alabama. Now today ESPN’s power index gives Alabama the odds to beat number 1 Clempson and the best chance to win the National Title which seems to suggest that ESPN believes Alabama is the best team in the Country? So why was ESPN touting Ohio State to be in the playoff all they way up to the time of the actual selection was announced? So sleezy!

They were probably just trying to get ratings for their CFP selection show, hyping up Ohio State and create some controversy. Immediately after Alabama was picked they all changed and said that it was the right decision because of the Iowa loss, and started hyping "the rematch"

that was disgusting...The Bucknuts lost twice...by 21 at home to OU...Not to mention a 31 point loss to Iowa...they had no business even in the discussion...But that's what you get with all those OSU graduates and Big10 wonls at ESPN

They were trying get ratings for the playoff they are paying for by including an undeserving team from a big conference which includes a big segment of the country and avoid having 3 teams from the southeast and 1 from some place called Oklahoma.

They were trying get ratings for the playoff they are paying for by including an undeserving team from a big conference which includes a big segment of the country and avoid having 3 teams from the southeast and 1 from some place called Oklahoma.
uh duh...did it ever occur to them to hock Southern Cal and get west coast viewers

Reactions: GSGP69 and Brace1
Guys, the panel for the selection show was split 2-2 on who they thought deserved to get in. I didn't watch the whole morning, but I would say that is hardly trying to convince America to accept Ohio St.

Reactions: SCFBjunkie
The only school they would tout over Ohio State would be Notre Dame but they have 3 loses. Had Notre Dame not lost to Stanford they would probably be in the playoff.

Jim-Mora-Playoffs.jpg

Yep, huge college football viewing base in B1G country...especially in Ohio...that they will lose out on if a B1G team isn't in the playoff.

Guys, the panel for the selection show was split 2-2 on who they thought deserved to get in. I didn't watch the whole morning, but I would say that is hardly trying to convince America to accept Ohio St.
The show I saw with Herbstreit, Bugger, Palmer, Galloway, and Rece Davis on the set - the actual announcement show, was 3-2 for Alabama with Davis breaking the tie and saying he had voted Bama #4 in the AP poll that morning.

Reactions: Brace1 and DrMickey
OSU has enrollemnt of about 50K. That said, I never saw the bias youre referring to. I thought it was pretty split. Rece Davis picked Bama and hes a Bama grad and Kirk picked them also and hes obviosuly an OSU grad.

Believe it or not..people used to care about their reputation as journalist and analyst. Now they only care about trying to sway opinion and bring about the reality they wish for.

fake news...the new reality.

I think they got it right...Although I was hoping for complete chaos. If Miami, Ohio St., TCU and UGA had won I'm wondering how the top 4 wold have looked like.

uh duh...did it ever occur to them to hock Southern Cal and get west coast viewers
Naw they too stupid for that. should have fired more in front of TV Camera people not the blue collars behind the camera. They failed to mention that Ohio State got in the same way Alabama did this year they didn't play in the championship game and then got their pants pulled down and rode hard.

OSU has enrollemnt of about 50K. That said, I never saw the bias youre referring to. I thought it was pretty split. Rece Davis picked Bama and hes a Bama grad and Kirk picked them also and hes obviosuly an OSU grad.

Yes, but you forget. While visiting a Clemson practice several years ago, Herbstreit accidentally fell into a baptismal barrel and was 'born again' into the Clemson Fold (cult) with Dablow as the Chief Disciple!:D

Yes, but you forget. While visiting a Clemson practice several years ago, Herbstreit accidentally fell into a baptismal barrel and was 'born again' into the Clemson Fold (cult) with Dablow as the Chief Disciple!:D
Guess Dabo wouldn't have approved of Herbstreit hanging around the old Monkey Business on HHI when he was in town then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT