ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN spreading love for Shawn Elliott

I think you would find very few on here who disliked Shawn Elliott for being Shawn Elliott. Many, myself included, thought he was not producing a high enough quality product in the OL. I hope he is mega-successful as a hbc, whether he ever returns here or not.

I don't dislike Shawn. But never really impressed with him as a coach. Did a marginal job at USC. Hired at GSU because his App State buddy is AD. If you watched today's game, both GSU and WKU looked terribly inconsistent for the end of the season. Neither team looked well coached at all.

Reactions: trekcock
**negative comments about a good man who loves the Gamecocks and is being successful in his new endeavor**
That's our board. The man has done a terrific job this year. Happy for him. By the way with Elliot and Roper gone who's next for the haters to pile on?

Reactions: pisgah
I pray we never reach that point. Nothing against Elliott, but that would be a rather low point for the program.
But you don't know that. We don't know his trajectory or ceiling. He *could* go on to become the next Richt or Meyer or Saban........ (or of course he could flop). It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he went on to become the next Urban Meyer some 15yrs down the road and he returned here to coach with great success.

But you don't know that. We don't know his trajectory or ceiling. He *could* go on to become the next Richt or Meyer or Saban........ (or of course he could flop). It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he went on to become the next Urban Meyer some 15yrs down the road and he returned here to coach with great success.

You're right, we don't know. But I'll go with my gut on this one. I'm almost positive it's not gas.

I don't dislike Shawn. But never really impressed with him as a coach. Did a marginal job at USC. Hired at GSU because his App State buddy is AD. If you watched today's game, both GSU and WKU looked terribly inconsistent for the end of the season. Neither team looked well coached at all.
But his gamecock coached team put up more of a fight against Clemson than muschumps ever did..score twice as many points in one game than ole doom did in 2..but hate away lol

dont worry they'll find someone to dump on. sometimes i wonder if this is actually a GAMECOCK site at all!? :(
I wonder the same thing. We have a long list of posters on here daily to dis the team and the staff. Not sure if they are posers or not because some are posters that I used to believe were real fans. And if I felt or believed the things they post I have no doubt I could find something else to do than post negative things on message boards that could potentially do more to harm the program than help it.
And it wouldn't be so bothersome if it were just an occasional thread, but it's becoming EVERY thread.

I wonder the same thing. We have a long list of posters on here daily to dis the team and the staff. Not sure if they are posers or not because some are posters that I used to believe were real fans. And if I felt or believed the things they post I have no doubt I could find something else to do than post negative things on message boards that could potentially do more to harm the program than help it.
And it wouldn't be so bothersome if it were just an occasional thread, but it's becoming EVERY thread.
I agree. And whats really interesting is the analyst and commentators on all of the major sports networks continue to heap praise on Muschamp and the up and coming state of Gamecock football. Most say this has been an amazing season for the Gamecocks given what almost all of the prognosticators had originally projected for the program. Boom has also stated on SEC network and ESPN that we have the most loyal fans in football! He obviously has never read this board. I just hope he doesnt!

I think Shawn Elliott did a better job as interim coach here than he did as a line coach. Last time we played a decent game against Clemson. One of my brothers is a major contributor to Georgia State, glad to see they are doing well.

I think SE might be better suited to be a head coach than a position coach. He seems to relate really well to his players and if you follow him on Twitter he is super active. He won 7 at GSU this year, if he keeps some momentum and wins 8-9 each of the next 2 years he will get a better job opportunity at an upper mid-major or lower Power 5. I think it's great for him and hope he finds nothing but success.

**negative comments about a good man who loves the Gamecocks and is being successful in his new endeavor**
negativity is about ESPN, not Elliott. Read between the lines of the original post.

But his gamecock coached team put up more of a fight against Clemson than muschumps ever did..score twice as many points in one game than ole doom did in 2..but hate away lol

Any chance you know the definition of hypocrisy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance you know the definition of hypocrisy?
Dont know you. Dont want to. But i am not singling you or anyone out. It just seems kinda idiotic to me to beat up on the team you supposedly love. Not you in particular. But i dont single anyone out as you did to me in this post. Just making an observation. Merry Christmas. Have a very nice day. and go cocks.

Dont know you. Dont want to. But i am not singling you or anyone out. It just seems kinda idiotic to me to beat up on the team you supposedly love. Not you in particular. But i dont single anyone out as you did to me in this post. Just making an observation. Merry Christmas. Have a very nice day. and go cocks.

Oh, I agree with you 100%. Just thought it was funny that the guy was making that statement while, what it seemed like, taking shots at our current coach.

I didn't mean to quote you. My apologizes and happy holidays to you.

Reactions: PULL4USC
ADVERTISEMENT