ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN's Crystal Ball

As far as predictions go, it's a very specific one and could prove laughable if Spurrier coaches 4 more years. Still, it's certainly a prediction based in reality. The man is 70 and widely rumored to have strongly contemplated retirement last season. He's lost the entire left side of his offensive line from last season and is breaking in a new quarterback-- who will be throwing to walk-ons at WR and TE. That's not even addressing the calamity the defense could be yet again, (the unit should be expected to be poor until it proves otherwise) or the issue of negative recruiting which started to seriously impact the program last cycle and has carried on to this cycle.

I want to be upset at that prediction, but it absolutely makes sense.

There was a great Sunday night show on Comcast for many years called Talkin' Football. It ended a long run about two years ago. The author of this article was one of the weekly guests. He left about two years before it ended. I give the background because literally every year he made this exact prediction about coach Spurrier. And he will continue to do so until he is finally right.

If Coach Spurrier's offense can fool the other teams defenses as easily as he fools ESPN every year we will have the highest scoring offense in NCAA history

There was a great Sunday night show on Comcast for many years called Talkin' Football. It ended a long run about two years ago. The author of this article was one of the weekly guests. He left about two years before it ended. I give the background because literally every year he made this exact prediction about coach Spurrier. And he will continue to do so until he is finally right.
I actually liked that Talkin' Football show and looked forward to it every Sunday night during the season.

As far as predictions go, it's a very specific one and could prove laughable if Spurrier coaches 4 more years. Still, it's certainly a prediction based in reality. The man is 70 and widely rumored to have strongly contemplated retirement last season. He's lost the entire left side of his offensive line from last season and is breaking in a new quarterback-- who will be throwing to walk-ons at WR and TE. That's not even addressing the calamity the defense could be yet again, (the unit should be expected to be poor until it proves otherwise) or the issue of negative recruiting which started to seriously impact the program last cycle and has carried on to this cycle.

I want to be upset at that prediction, but it absolutely makes sense.
GTFO with that. Youre 10000 percent in or you're out. I don't want you to celebrate any of our numerous gamecock wins this year. (And there are going to be lots)

Reactions: SportsSuites1
Totally agree with that. He was close this past year, made the 2 -3 yr statement, got a little persuasion from family and the AD. Came back with the 4 -5 year comment, then got pissed at the media for running with it. Well this year may put him over the edge. 5-7, 6-6 or 7-5 will not be good enough to keep him.

More motivation for the team. He says we have a mediocre roster and Marcus Lattimore raves about our running game. I trust Marcus and our staff, especially with Jon Hoke calling the defense and Coach Spurrier calling the plays.

This guy must be best buds with the dude from the Atlanta Journal of Constipation.

Another thing, some writers now use recruiting rankings as predictors for success but 2 of the top 5 teams in the current poll past 4 recruiting classes barely average in the top 30 of those rankings.

Weight rooms, Strength Conditioning, Coaching, and player work ethic and attitude mean nothing to some of these writers and that is disgusting to me.

I think it's the complete opposite of what the writer is saying. There is no doubt Spurrier hates to lose, but that is actually why I think he will stick around. He's not going to want to retire after a mediocre season. Besides, he seems very motivated and I think we do much better than expected this year. I say it's more likely that he retires after a huge season than a mediocre one.

Ray Graves told him " ... you've never kicked one that far, Steve."
"I have if you count how far it went over. All this one has to do is get there."

He made it.

It'll be 8-3 going into the clemson game 9-3 coming out with 10-wins after winning the Outback Bowl then a hellva' year in 2016 when we get all these 2015 tough 'road game' teams at home.

Spurrier will shoot his age before he retires, he's already said what he intends to do. This story ain't over.

The first paragraph of the next chapter will be written tomorrow night.

Reactions: cocks4EVA_
Totally agree with that. He was close this past year, made the 2 -3 yr statement, got a little persuasion from family and the AD. Came back with the 4 -5 year comment, then got pissed at the media for running with it. Well this year may put him over the edge. 5-7, 6-6 or 7-5 will not be good enough to keep him.

There's bass again being an a$$ again - with this guy you just can't win. And he'll do it again! It's all he does - he's no hope charlie and just no fun. Well, I'm tired of reading it, bass is a bore ... it's time to use it - I'm hitting 'ignore'.

There's bass again being an a$$ again - with this guy you just can't win. And he'll do it again! It's all he does - he's no hope charlie and just no fun. Well, I'm tired of reading it, bass is a bore ... it's time to use it - I'm hitting 'ignore'.

InDEED, SS1.

If there was a place to formally announce the spectacle that is A$$, then well I have a story regarding both definitions of such - most-mindful and then 'somewhat-questionable'.

You see, during that time when all the Taetors were still collapsing two oxygen atoms into their filthy little breath-bags, I was sitting on the steps of the Tajh Mahal, granted I had turned my A$$ away, as he could offer no more warmth, as he (?) had done the night before. Ohhhh, and if they were there, they might see the joke they had become by then!

As Ghandhi "perched" alone by the water, he saw me and beckoned me over ! IT WAS TIME .

We were going to all at once decide what it is that I should be known as!

Alas....after MANY bowls of rice and second thoughts....HE....deemed....ME....

A STUPID WINDBAG FOR ALL TO ETERNALLY MAKE FUN OF.

I am still coming to grips with his decision, but...I think I may offer up my personal address, for those of you who feel the need to personally relay any special thoughts to me.

T00dles, you special little people otherwise!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT