ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN's Outside The Lines...10 schools looked @ for covering up crimes

Apparently ESPN is not acquantited with the climpson police. There is so much under their rug it's take a long time to pull each case out.

Reactions: PersonallyFowl
It's not a ranking; ESPN only contacted 10 universities to request police reports. Not really clear why those 10 schools were singled out.

Probably to limit the effort and get a cross section as some are pretty good while some are awful. With many on this board down on the Columbia PD as being anti USC, I wonder how we would fare?

It's not a ranking; ESPN only contacted 10 universities to request police reports. Not really clear why those 10 schools were singled out.

I think these schools have been in the news a lot for discipline problems, so the reporter probably went for them because she knew there would at least be some examples to compare athlete discipline to non-athlete discipline.

I think these schools have been in the news a lot for discipline problems, so the reporter probably went for them because she knew there would at least be some examples to compare athlete discipline to non-athlete discipline.
The reporter said they were picked because they represented 10 quintessentially college towns where the university plays an over-sized role in the community.

I watched the Outside the Lines episode and they mentioned at the end that the investigation is continuing. They specifically listed three that were in process but I don't remember which ones.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT