ADVERTISEMENT

ESPY ratings plummet 88% from last year

im not talking just athletes. I’m talking the hosts. I think most people that whine about ESPN talking politics would be fine with it if they were saying the same things Fox News said.

in fact, I’ve heard people say they would like a conservative sports channel, talking conservative topics. I guess that’s FS1 in some respects.
You should get all the left leaning view points you want from the late nite shows They don’t even try to hide their hatred of the POTUS.

You should get all the left leaning view points you want from the late nite shows They don’t even try to hide their hatred of the POTUS.

I’ll catch Fallon or kimmel once a week for 5 minutes. They love making fun of trump.

but late night hosts have made fun of whoever was president for years. Trump with his oddities, mistakes, gaffes, retweeting yesterday one of his supporters yelling “white power, white power” and doublespeak is a field day for them.

I'm sure Biden with all his gaffes will be fun too.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I’ll catch Fallon or kimmel once a week for 5 minutes. They love making fun of trump.

but late night hosts have made fun of whoever was president for years. Trump with his oddities, mistakes, gaffes, retweeting yesterday one of his supporters yelling “white power, white power” and doublespeak is a field day for them.

Biden won't be in public enough to make fun of.

Reactions: bucketdad

Trump retweets guy yelling white power. Trump spokesperson says trump was just drawing attention to the enthusiasm of his supporters... uh, yeah, the supporters yelling white power.

The most tone deaf president in the history of our country.

Trump retweets guy yelling white power. Trump spokesperson says trump was just drawing attention to the enthusiasm of his supporters... uh, yeah, the supporters yelling white power.

He is, and he’s in political trouble.

Here is the link...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/28/trump-shares-video-where-supporter-yells-white-power-342869

It looks like the elderly was yelling back at the protesters to irritate them...

But we won't talk about BLM pigs in a blanket video...

As a red man, I'm not offended by people shouting "white power" or "black power," I look at them as bigots and wonder how their parents raised them to be bigots and racist children... It starts in the home first before we can change this world...

Oh, BTW, it didn't start with Trump, you might want to look at all the statues that are coming down and learn from them instead of yanking them down, I believe you will find your answer with all these democrat statues coming down, erasing democrat history...

The best thing for Biden is stay hidden as much as possible, which is what his campaign is doing. COVID-19 gives him a big assist here. In any traditional election year, he'd have to be out on the trail day in and day out. He's clearly not up for that. Even when he emerges every couple of weeks to say something, he goofs up and says something stupid and unintelligible. But with the virus, nobody really expects him to be out there, so he's getting a free pass on campaigning. That unquestionably is his biggest weapon right now.

Make no mistake, his campaign knows the key to Biden winning is to minimize his public exposure. That's exactly what they're doing. And it's working brilliantly.

Complete BS, Obama was the late nite

Complete BS, Obama was the late nite hacks Goldenboy. Very seldom if any was any of his policy’s called out. Which is the way it should be for that type of show if you want a broad minded audience. But these guys now use the majority of their show ranting about their left leaning policy views and their hatred of the current President. Which completely alienates half of the country. These are Facts not opinions.

No he won't. He'll be hidden as much as possible over the next several months. By public, I meant even on television. There's not much risk there, but you won't see him much.

1). There is no need for regular campaigning. Biden is doing great in all polls as is.

2) he’s making selected appearances, especially in the key state of Pennsylvania.

3) letting trump make his colossal mistakes on tv is good strategy because the more he talks, the more he gets in trouble.

4) as the election closes in, he will make additional selected appearances but Biden has made the calculation that he will be doing this differently, wearing a mask, and setting a different example than trump. It’s working well for him. No reason to change now.

Complete BS, Obama was the late nite

Complete BS, Obama was the late nite hacks Goldenboy. Very seldom if any was any of his policy’s called out. Which is the way it should be for that type of show if you want a broad minded audience. But these guys now use the majority of their show ranting about their left leaning policy views and their hatred of the current President. Which completely alienates half of the country. These are Facts not opinions.

Sorry, I disagree.

obama was different. The first Black President in the history of the country was unique and it did call for a different approach, which made sense.

Obama was Always extremely popular with young people, especially age 18-29 (in the 70+% range) and in the 30-49 category (55% to 68% approval throughout his presidency) - a much different picture than trump. Those are key ages for late night shows.

trump ran a very divisive 2016 campaign. He used divisive language that right wingers embraced happily. Even millions of people who voted for him said they held their nose and voted for him and didn’t like his language and approach. Running a divisive campaign with divisive language is going to guarantee that late night show hosts will pound you, even while they use divisive language themselves for laughs.

late night shows had field days with bush and clinton. They’ll have fun with a Biden. They’ve had fun with trump because outside of his diehard supporters, trump is a pretty obvious goofball.

Here is the link...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/28/trump-shares-video-where-supporter-yells-white-power-342869

It looks like the elderly was yelling back at the protesters to irritate them...

As a red man, I'm not offended by people shouting "white power" or "black power," I look at them as bigots and wonder how their parents raised them to be bigots and racist children... It starts in the home first before we can change this world...

Oh, BTW, it didn't start with Trump, you might want to look at all the statues that are coming down and learn from them instead of yanking them down, I believe you will find your answer with all these democrat statues coming down, erasing democrat history...
What in the world are you talking about. Your little video is irrelevant. Why? Because it wasn't tweeted out by a sitting president. If you don't understand the relevance of this, there is likely no hope for you. The remainder of your diatribe seems to be a bunch of anger about democrats. Not sure why you're directing it towards me.

Here is the link...

Trump tweeting that out was pure stupidity. Even he realized it and deleted it.

I laughed when I saw Ben Shapiro’s weak defense (he wasn’t Really defending trump retweeting it) yesterday when he said Trump doesn't have his speakers on when he retweets this crap. LOL

as if pointing out trump being totally irresponsible is a defense.....

of course shapiro wouldn’t know that, he was just hoping and guessing, but even then, that’s a stupid defense to admit the sitting president tweets out crap without listening to what is actually being said. So as a result, Trump tweets out a racist video.

and trump tweeting out a racist video isn’t even the biggest news of the weekend. That’s how far we have sunk.

(no one really believes ben’s defense anyway)

The best thing for Biden is stay hidden as much as possible, which is what his campaign is doing. COVID-19 gives him a big assist here. In any traditional election year, he'd have to be out on the trail day in and day out. He's clearly not up for that. Even when he emerges every couple of weeks to say something, he goofs up and says something stupid and unintelligible. But with the virus, nobody really expects him to be out there, so he's getting a free pass on campaigning. That unquestionably is his biggest weapon right now.

Make no mistake, his campaign knows the key to Biden winning is to minimize his public exposure. That's exactly what they're doing. And it's working brilliantly.
No need to start shooting at the enemy when the enemy seems dead set on shooting himself

No need to start shooting at the enemy when the enemy seems dead set on shooting himself

Sean Hannity asked trump last week what his agenda was for a 2nd term. Trump had no answer and stammered around for an answer.

even republicans ripped him for looking clueless. Many news articles quoted a senior Republican Senator, friendly to trump, who didn’t like the fact trump had no answer.

Trump is the best thing going for Biden right now.

Last edited:

Only issue for Biden is that he may be the one person on the planet who is more prone to verbal gaffes than Trump is. Eventually he WILL have to hit the campaign trail.

Only issue for Biden is that he may be the one person on the planet who is more prone to verbal gaffes than Trump is. Eventually he WILL have to hit the campaign trail.

He will.
The problem for trump is polls tell us Biden is seen as someone who cares about them more than trump does.

no prediction from me but the sitting president is in deep trouble right now.

Sure he will. He’s in public now, but he’s doing it Responsibly in front of small groups, keeping distance, and wearing a mask.

and it’s paying off for him.
That's an awesome belief. Hillary believed the polls too.

I had no clue it was on. Didn’t even hear about it. And look, you can have whatever political or social view you want. Be my guest. But when I’m watching anything related to sports, I don’t care to deal with all that stuff. I want a break from all that. Just want to enjoy sports without all the other issues. ESPN needs to give it a rest.

Biden would be like not really having a President. Which is what I think many of these protesters kinda want.

What in the world are you talking about. Your little video is irrelevant. Why? Because it wasn't tweeted out by a sitting president. If you don't understand the relevance of this, there is likely no hope for you. The remainder of your diatribe seems to be a bunch of anger about democrats. Not sure why you're directing it towards me.

Trying to educate the uneducated... This is your democrat party that gave birth to the KKK...

When I was a little boy in the 60's, I lived next door to a racist KKK member; calling me a Jew boy, a half bread Indian every time I was playing in my back yard... He would yell at me every time... My parents didn't hear him or know about it at the time, because they were both deaf...

I think when he stopped yelling at me when I went over to his house out of the blue and started playing his with daughter.. When you're about 5 years old, you don't notice these things of bigotry and racism...

Here are your "peaceful" protesters

DC Protesters Yell Racist, Anti Gay Slurs

Biden would be like not really having a President. Which is what I think many of these protesters kinda want.

Everyone knows he'll be a puppet. His supporters openly admit this.

I think Biden is a natural moderate, but he's been forced to adopt extreme liberal positions for the sake of getting elected. He may not even be a one-term president. Once he's in office, he's going to have A LOT of favors to pay back to the far left element of the democrat party.

The issue for Biden is going to be hitting the trail, being on camera daily, giving stump speeches, etc. Even now, when he's largely out the public eye and emerges every couple of weeks to say something, he inevitably stumbles through it and is frequently incoherent. And that's with weeks of preparation. It'll be interesting to see how he handles it on a daily basis.

I think Biden is a natural moderate, but he's been forced to adopt extreme liberal positions for the sake of getting elected. He may not even be a one-term president. Once he's in office, he's going to have A LOT of favors to pay back to the far left element of the democrat party.

The issue for Biden is going to be hitting the trail, being on camera daily, giving stump speeches, etc. Even now, when he's largely out the public eye and emerges every couple of weeks to say something, he inevitably stumbles through it and is frequently incoherent. And that's with weeks of preparation. It'll be interesting to see how he handles it on a daily basis.

The new Joe Biden

vice-pres-joe-biden-totally-looks-like-max-headroom

maxmain.jpg

Max-Headrooms-Guide-to-Life.jpg

max-headroom-tease.jpg

a lot like trump

even his supporters in congress know trump often makes decisions based on what the last person he talked to Told him. That’s why he’s often backstabbed some of his own staff members telling them one th8ng and then making an about face.

For example, At his Tulsa rally, he said he told staff to cut back on COVID testing. (A dumb idea and his own health experts say we need more testing) Then the next day his own White House folks said he was just kidding. trump then gave an interview to a Scripps reporter, on video, where he said he wasn’t kidding At all. His staff covered for him making up an excuse, then he screwed them by saying that wasn’t what he was doing at all.

and as we all know. trump makes gaffes almost every time he’s in front of a camera. When he’s not making a gaffe, he’s slurring his words or making up new words, or calling someone by the wrong name, or walking out the wrong door only to be redirected by a staff person.

so november comes down to two 70+ year old guys who say some stupid stuff. But we all know that. So people will make the decision on other issues, namely current issues like the pandemic and race relations.

Not sure why yall still feel the popular vote matters. It's of no consequence when it comes to getting elected... which is what we are talking about right?

Popular vote is only necessary for mob rule. It's the precise reason why the founders went with the electoral college. They understood the serious consequences of letting the 50.1% have total control over the 49.9%.

Popular vote is only necessary for mob rule. It's the precise reason why the founders went with the electoral college. They understood the serious consequences of letting the 50.1% have total control over the 49.9%.
So it's better to let 47% have control over 53%?. Your point makes absolutely no sense. It is also not why the electoral process was created. It was created to prevent giving too much power to highly populated areas.

So it's better to let 47% have control over 53%?. Your point makes absolutely no sense. It is also not why the electoral process was created. It was created to prevent giving too much power to highly populated areas.

I didn't say there was only one reason for the electoral college. But, yes, I should have been more clear that it was one reason. But in any event, the two are intertwined. Yes, population centers are an issue, but one that ties directly to the popular vote.

Last edited:
It was created to form a more perfect union and there would have been no union without it. It was important enough to be the first thing addressed after creating the three branches of govt.

1). There is no need for regular campaigning. Biden is doing great in all polls as is.

2) he’s making selected appearances, especially in the key state of Pennsylvania.

3) letting trump make his colossal mistakes on tv is good strategy because the more he talks, the more he gets in trouble.

4) as the election closes in, he will make additional selected appearances but Biden has made the calculation that he will be doing this differently, wearing a mask, and setting a different example than trump. It’s working well for him. No reason to change now.
I agree with 1-3. As long as he stays out of the public eye, he'll win. Or Trump will lose, either way is the same. I doubt it'll change much after he's elected is all I was saying. He can barely put two sentences together.

I can't fault whoever is making that decision for making it. I'm sure it's not Biden's decision. The people making that decision know that its risky for him to be seen like he is.

Last edited:
I agree with 1-3. As long as he stays out of the public eye, he'll win. Or Trump will lose, either way is the same. I doubt it'll change much after he's elected is all I was saying. He can barely put two sentences together.

I can't fault whoever is making that decision for making it. I'm sure it's not Biden's decision. The people making that decision know that he'll lose if people see him.

People have to decide if they prefer an old guy who stumbles on his words or an old pathological liar who also stumbles on his words. It would also seem that if Biden will win if he stays out of the public eye, as you say, then people would prefer the unknown to trump. That's of course if what you posted is true & it very well might be. I just have no idea how the election will go.

People have to decide if they prefer an old guy who stumbles on his words or an old pathological liar who also stumbles on his words. It would also seem that if Biden will win if he stays out of the public eye, as you say, then people would prefer the unknown to trump. That's of course if what you posted is true & it very well might be. I just have no idea how the election will go.
I think if neither of them talk much, its a toss up but I'd probably go with Biden. If either talks and the other doesn't, the talker loses. If both talk, Trump wins. Just my opinion. As bad as Trump makes things for himself, I think Biden would be worse. And I think that's why he's not talking.

Not sure why yall still feel the popular vote matters. It's of no consequence when it comes to getting elected... which is what we are talking about right?

Incorrect.

The popular vote definitely counts, on a state by state basis.

That’s why the polls in battleground states showing Biden with a good lead are so concerning for trump’s campaign right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT