ADVERTISEMENT

Even Coastal had a player drafted...

CockTail73

Mar 27, 2011
Lol, should not be acceptable to not have one player remotely close to getting drafted

I just saw that and I think it's a real pisser we don't have a single guy that's going to get drafted unless it comes soon. The good news is we're young and I think moving forward we'll be a more talented team and hopefully have a lot more NFL talent.

I just saw that and I think it's a real pisser we don't have a single guy that's going to get drafted unless it comes soon. The good news is we're young and I think moving forward we'll be a more talented team and hopefully have a lot more NFL talent.

1. Maybe we are very young and had no mature players.
2. Maybe that does say something about our coaching to win six games in the SEC with no players getting drafted. Just saying.....

Reactions: reeves819
Would you believe that Clowney was our last defensive player drafted?

OK....of course you would, if you've watched the defense over the last 3 years.

We didn't even have a guy invited to the combine. That's way worse.

Edit: didn't mean to quote you, Freddie.

I agree that is bad not even having a player invited to the combine. But, I'm trying to see something positive in all of this and admittedly it's very difficult. But if we won six games in the SEC maybe there are brighter days just around the corner.

Last edited:
No guys invited to the combine. No guys drafted this year. It is nothing but a testament to the low quality of players that were recruited during the last couple of years of the Spurrier era. Don't forget that we did not have any All American nor All SEC players either. When so many blue chip recruits turned into busts (e.g. transfers, academics, injuries, under performers), this is the end result. Hopefully, with Muschamp and the Assistant Coaches, they can right this ship soon.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
2. Maybe that does say something about our coaching to win six games in the SEC with no players getting drafted. Just saying.....

The SEC was junk this year. Not a good measuring stick.

I remember when Marquavius Lewis said he was playing one year and going pro after that. Guess that didn't work out for him.

One good thing I did notice is we weren't shown on the "wrong end" of many highlights during the draft. That is b/c Coach Boom has our guys coached up to play tough all the way through the whistle. It's a mindset!

One good thing I did notice is we weren't shown on the "wrong end" of many highlights during the draft. That is b/c Coach Boom has our guys coached up to play tough all the way through the whistle. It's a mindset!

Except the one highlight where the Clemson receiver scores while dragging our DB.

So we only had 1 bad play all of last year! We are on our way!

I agree that is bad not even having a player invited to the combine. But, I'm trying to see something positive in all of this and admittedly it's very difficult. But if we won six games in the SEC maybe there are brighter days just around the corner.
We didn't win six games in the sec we play 4 out of conferences and won 3 of those. I'm sorry but Missouri Vanderbilt and Kentucky are hardly sec games I know they are in conference but they should be sure wins. Yes I know we lost to Kentucky

The positive is we can only go up or it can't get any worse.

Reactions: IrmoRed
We didn't win six games in the sec we play 4 out of conferences and won 3 of those. I'm sorry but Missouri Vanderbilt and Kentucky are hardly sec games I know they are in conference but they should be sure wins. Yes I know we lost to Kentucky

Fair enough but we won six games compared to three the previous year, which included a loss to the Citadel, that is a 100% increase in wins from one year to the next. But we beat UT and they are very much a SEC team. All I'm trying to say is hopefully there are brighter days ahead in the short term.

Last edited:
Qua Lewis was one of the most over-hyped and over-rated players of all time. Dude was touted as a defensive stud to replace Clowney. Instead, Lewis turned into a pass rushing non-entity for 2 seasons. Truly, a major disappointment.
Under Holtz, we had Willie Simmons and and Ben Gay. Both 5 star guys who transferred in. Like Mike Love from Navy, they looked the part.
Qua loves SC. I feel bad he gets 2 coaching staffs in 2 years. I hope he shows out somewhere.
There's a history everywhere of mis evaluation.
Ryght Jordan? Chris Thigpen? Stockbarger? Summers? All 4 and 5 star guys.

Reactions: NYC_Gamecock

We only won 3 games in the SEC. Two of them were Missouri and Vanderbilt. Let's not act like we beat the better teams in the SEC.

Reactions: 1983Grad
"We". lol. Obvious troll is obvious. UT had 6 players selected in the first 135 picks. That's a good coaching job to defeat them with a team that was clearly less talented.

I love how you only call me a troll if I say anything slightly negative about us. I never said Tennessee wasn't a good team. I was only pointing out that we didn't win 6 SEC games, and that 2 of the 3 we beat weren't anything to beat your chest about.

I guess this guy is a troll too...

Lol, should not be acceptable to not have one player remotely close to getting drafted
We are purging the weak players, but at the same time, we are a young team. We really didn't lose many players this year. It will get better.

Fair enough but we won six games compared to three the previous year, which included a loss to the Citadel, that is a 100% increase in wins from one year to the next. But we beat UT and they are very much a SEC team. All I'm trying to say is hopefully there are brighter days ahead in the short term.
Agree with that I wasn't trying to darken your positive outlook I'm just frustrated with us sucking all the time here last few years and now baseball smh

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I love how you only call me a troll if I say anything slightly negative about us. I never said Tennessee wasn't a good team. I was only pointing out that we didn't win 6 SEC games, and that 2 of the 3 we beat weren't anything to beat your chest about.

Sir, in all due respect, I think we all understand that.

Thank you for your unwavering support. It's tough to be a Gamecock fan that long.

You are quite welcome and thanks for understanding. I think Warren Giese was the coach at that time although Marvin Bass was the first coach I really remember.

Last edited:
Qua Lewis was one of the most over-hyped and over-rated players of all time. Dude was touted as a defensive stud to replace Clowney. Instead, Lewis turned into a pass rushing non-entity for 2 seasons. Truly, a major disappointment.

I blame most of that on coaching. After Lawing left, you could see the step back in our dline play. Adams then took it down the crapper.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Only won three games in the SEC...Vandy, UT, Mizzou. Other three wins were the directional Carolina schools and UMass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT