ADVERTISEMENT

even with Coach Spurrier I had the A&M game down as a loss

craneoperatr1_a_aol.com

Jul 27, 2006
North Charleston
So what does coach Elliot need to show you that he deserves a chance to coach here? Or is your mind already made up to replace him. Have you ever thought about the hbc holding the coaches bk? As far as recruiting and offensive play calling?

So what does coach Elliot need to show you that he deserves a chance to coach here? Or is your mind already made up to replace him. Have you ever thought about the hbc holding the coaches bk? As far as recruiting and offensive play calling?
So, now Elliott's fans are reduced to fantasizing the he was "held back" by Spurrier?

I'm not in favor of hiring Elliott because I see nothing in his career that indicates he is ready for the job. He's never been a primary offensive play-caller, and his offensive lines at Carolina have been less than overwhelming. I'm sure he's a nice guy, and he is enthusiastic, but I don't see anything that makes him a serious candidate. He's the interim because somebody has to be.

Seriously ??? Spurrier..." don't bring in good kids guys, we don't want them." Elliott..."but coach I love South Carolina, please let us bring in good recruits.". Spurrier..."you heard me and don't call any plays that work either." .....yea....that sounds right...Spurrier was Elliott and the rest off the staffs problems....insert sarcasm here !!!!

Seriously ??? Spurrier..." don't bring in good kids guys, we don't want them." Elliott..."but coach I love South Carolina, please let us bring in good recruits.". Spurrier..."you heard me and don't call any plays that work either." .....yea....that sounds right...Spurrier was Elliott and the rest off the staffs problems....insert sarcasm here !!!!
sorry I'm pretty sure the assistant coaches have gone on record saying that this job is laid back and then go home and rest. or more or less along those lines. And to the other poster I too want another coach I was just asking a ? This is a message board.

In my opinion Elliott has no shot of winning the HC job. Part because of how difficult the remainder of our schedule is, part because he still hasn't done a great job in recruiting O lineman since he's been here, & part because there are more qualified guys for the job. I just don't see him surviving the gauntlet we're about to go through in A&M, Tenn, FL & the taters. Spurrier & his son are mostly to blame why our offense is in shambles right now but even some good teams would have a hard time winning games with our remaining schedule. Elliott was dealt a bad hand.

With spurrier before the season I had us at 4-8. Actually I had picked all the games correctly to this point. Didn't expect us to get another win except citadel. That is why it was time for a change.

With spurrier before the season I had us at 4-8. Actually I had picked all the games correctly to this point. Didn't expect us to get another win except citadel. That is why it was time for a change.
You didn't have us winning that 1st home game vs Kentucky? I think pretty much everyone did & we should have had we played like we should have for 60 mins.

You didn't have us winning that 1st home game vs Kentucky? I think pretty much everyone did & we should have had we played like we should have for 60 mins.

Nope. KNew our offense would struggle. Expected the defense to be a little better at the start of the season though.

I'm guessing we'll see something similar to the Georgia game...50's for them, 20's for us.

I predicted about 4 wins also. Missed the UNC and Kentucky games. After the win over the tarholes I thought we could win 5...losing to kensucky at home is terrible.

Reactions: nikolas22
I'm guessing we'll see something similar to the Georgia game...50's for them, 20's for us.

I predicted about 4 wins also. Missed the UNC and Kentucky games. After the win over the tarholes I thought we could win 5...losing to kensucky at home is terrible.

Expecting to lose at home to Kentucky is worse

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT