ADVERTISEMENT

Event Staff

Jbouton2

Jun 27, 2020
What company is this? Who is the owner? Are there other companies to hire? They seem to have no fear of being replaced. Up to last year, I was at games every home weekend and saw plenty of what is being said on this site.

It's a baseball game for Christ sake! Clean, responsible heckling is the American thing to do!

It's the same company it's always been (the name escapes me), but there is a new owner/manager from what our lady at football told us. It's the same ones that work football, basketball, baseball. I would imagine they work the other sports as well.

It might be United Event Services.

Last edited:
1. What are you talking about?

2. I have to imagine the event staff USC hires is doing what USC tells them to do

What company is this? Who is the owner? Are there other companies to hire? They seem to have no fear of being replaced. Up to last year, I was at games every home weekend and saw plenty of what is being said on this site.

It's a baseball game for Christ sake! Clean, responsible heckling is the American thing to do!
Odds are they probably are irreplaceable. No can find anyone to hire right now.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
1. What are you talking about?

2. I have to imagine the event staff USC hires is doing what USC tells them to do
They are. However, we can complain not only to USC (who appears to be tone deaf), and the company. After all the company's reputation is being affected negatively by the way their employees are enforcing supposed USC policies. You can enforce policies without being complete a**hats about it.

They are. However, we can complain not only to USC (who appears to be tone deaf), and the company. After all the company's reputation is being affected negatively by the way their employees are enforcing supposed USC policies. You can enforce policies without being complete a**hats about it.
Still unsure what policy enforcement we're talking about. Which thread is this in?

Still unsure what policy enforcement we're talking about. Which thread is this in?
It's more the general harassment of the fans. For instance, no one is supposed to sit on row 1 or 2 this year. We get that. But harassing the little kids that go down between innings to get balls from the guys doing warm up tosses is a bit much. The general harassment of anyone they suspect is a student who's doing nothing more than sitting in a seat and enjoying a ball game because is a bit much (especially when they are telling students "you can't sit here, this row needs to remain clear" when there are adults sitting on the same row and nothing is said to them - happens a lot in regard to rows 1 and 2). Telling me and Daddy we can't tell Blue he's blind when he misses a call, and threatening to throw us out (yeah...right) is a bit much. Fussing at people who may have a toe on the red line separating the concourse from the handicap seating is a bit much. Fussing at people for being across the red line when they are having an actual conversation with someone who is sitting in the handicap area at the top of the section (this has been happening for years) is a bit much (happened to a friend who was talking to Brett Kerry's grandma who was in her motorized cart - event staff made a beeline to them and said "you can't be here" when they could tell they were having a conversation with her).

You can enforce policy. No one really has an issue with that. The issue is their attitude and demeanor when they are enforcing the policy. It's very much a case of letting a little power go to their heads, and they are being jerks.

Last edited:
Dang I was going to my first baseball game this season on Tuesday. Now I kinda don’t want to go.lol Oh well, we will see how it goes.

Reactions: Gradstudent
UPDATE -

Game 1 - in the 5th they finally started letting students into seats, leading them 2 x 2 as if loading Noah's Ark and telling them where to sit.

Game 2 - No students allowed to go sit in seats because "there were none available". But Arkansas fans allowed to sit wherever they wanted.

It's really sad when your Administration would rather have empty seats than allow students to sit there, and thereby create a home field advantage. It was like a freakin' funeral home in there tonight.

And Missouri with your complaining to the SEC - BLESS YOUR HEART!

UPDATE -

Game 1 - in the 5th they finally started letting students into seats, leading them 2 x 2 as if loading Noah's Ark and telling them where to sit.

Game 2 - No students allowed to go sit in seats because "there were none available". But Arkansas fans allowed to sit wherever they wanted.

It's really sad when your Administration would rather have empty seats than allow students to sit there, and thereby create a home field advantage. It was like a freakin' funeral home in there tonight.

And Missouri with your complaining to the SEC - BLESS YOUR HEART!
Beginning to believe when full capacity returns the atmosphere will not be like the good old days. Precedent is being set right before our eyes. Unbelievable. I remember it being said Max Schrock's mom mentioning the atmosphere was one reason her son chose to play here.

I work part time for an event staffing company here in the upstate at games at Furman, Clemson, etc. Basically, the company is told what to do by the school. There is normally one head person (from the school) for the event who works with the leader of the event staffing company. The school or venue instructs the event staffing company what they expect. The school is constantly monitoring the event staffing company to make sure they are doing what they are paid to do. It is a big cost to running the event.

Quite honestly, it is challenging right now. Masking and social distancing create a fine line. The schools wants to create a safe environment but you also do not want to anger your fanbase. A lot of the fans attending now are your big donors, students and good fans. I know the one thing that our supervisor tells us at the pre event meeting is to smile!

If the event staffing company is treating patrons rude, that is not good! I would let someone in charge (from the school) at the event know this, the school nor the event staffing company want angered patrons. Sometimes you need some common sense with this.

I saw someone had posted about keeping the first three rows empty. We had that at Furman too. Parents wanted to take a picture of their sons prior to the game, etc. You use some discretion, let them get the shot but then politely move them along. The key though is to keep the school pleased and the patrons happy, not frustrated.

Sorry for the long winded reply here but I wanted to relay my experience on dealing with this.

This is not directed to the event staff because they are being told what to do by the USC administration. Sooo...I had planned to go to the game last night, but only GA tickets were available so I declined. Then I watch it on TV and fans are packed like a mosh pit around the outfield while many seats are open or even more ridiculous - cardboard cutouts are enjoying the game. You can't look at this without understanding that it's all about fear of being sued. There's not one iota of concern about spreading a communicative virus any more. Same principle - establishments posting signs that they are not liable for contraction of the virus while eating or shopping. This was a concern when the virus first began to spread through superspreader events. But I'm sure that if someone is at the game, they've probably been to the gas station or shopping - likely nontraceable if they get sick. And they've had an opportunity to be vaccinated if they so desire. It's time to open up 100% and move on.

Wonder why they are this bad for baseball? During football games the staff in yellow jackets never came into the upper decks, you’d see them in the lower decks and even then they weren’t walking around. Was basketball games this bad?

I work part time for an event staffing company here in the upstate at games at Furman, Clemson, etc. Basically, the company is told what to do by the school. There is normally one head person (from the school) for the event who works with the leader of the event staffing company. The school or venue instructs the event staffing company what they expect. The school is constantly monitoring the event staffing company to make sure they are doing what they are paid to do. It is a big cost to running the event.

Quite honestly, it is challenging right now. Masking and social distancing create a fine line. The schools wants to create a safe environment but you also do not want to anger your fanbase. A lot of the fans attending now are your big donors, students and good fans. I know the one thing that our supervisor tells us at the pre event meeting is to smile!

If the event staffing company is treating patrons rude, that is not good! I would let someone in charge (from the school) at the event know this, the school nor the event staffing company want angered patrons. Sometimes you need some common sense with this.

I saw someone had posted about keeping the first three rows empty. We had that at Furman too. Parents wanted to take a picture of their sons prior to the game, etc. You use some discretion, let them get the shot but then politely move them along. The key though is to keep the school pleased and the patrons happy, not frustrated.

Sorry for the long winded reply here but I wanted to relay my experience on dealing with this.
We have been letting them know for years about how the staff treats people. All we get in return is crickets. Thursday night a little boy was playing with a foul ball one of the players gave him. He accident threw it and it ended up on the tarp. My friend leaned over the rail to pick the ball up off the tarp for the kid. The event staff came down and was yelling at my friend that he couldn't go over the rail. Seriously yelling. It took her longer to get down there than it did for him to get the ball back for the kid. That is uncalled for, but it been that way since the ballpark opened with this staff.

And to be honest, the University people aren't much better. They truly act like they DGAF that they are alienating their fan base.

But this treatment of the students is beyond ridiculous. Our guys are about to see what a true home field advantage is at Swayze this coming weekend. Where the Administration embraces the enthusiasm of their students, and doesn't treat them like 3rd class citizens. Our Administration needs to remember that none of us would be here if not for students. And our esteemed former baseball coach is doing his student athletes a great disservice.

Last edited:
If we're worried about hurting the feelings of our opponents, will we be able to cheer at football?
Asking for a friend.
Last year at the football games they were VERY relaxed. They didn’t even come into the upper decks. I don’t even remember seeing anyone being thrown out of the football games.

We have been letting them know for years about how the staff treats people. All we get in return is crickets. Thursday night a little boy was playing with a foul ball one of the players gave him. He accident threw it and it ended up on the tarp. My friend leaned over the rail to pick the ball up off the tarp for the kid. The event staff came down and was yelling at my friend that he couldn't go over the rail. Seriously yelling. It took her longer to get down there than it did for him to get the ball back for the kid. That is uncalled for, but it been that way since the ballpark opened with this staff.

And to be honest, the University people aren't much better. They truly act like they DGAF that they are alienating their fan base.

But this treatment of the students is beyond ridiculous. Our guys are about to see what a true home field advantage is at Swayze this coming weekend. Where the Administration embraces the enthusiasm of their students, and doesn't treat them like 3rd class citizens. Our Administration needs to remember that none of us would be here if not for students. And our esteemed former baseball coach is doing his student athletes a great disservice.
Batgirl, you are a lot closer to the situation at Carolina day in and day out than I am. The staff I work with would not tolerate yelling like that, I haven’t seen much of that at all. Who does the staffing at Carolina?

The stickiest situation I had was with a school staffer who basically ignored what the school was asking us to enforce. We turned it over to the school and they handled it. We have asked students to move, parents to spread out and such.

Talking about home field advantage, watching SEC baseball and the crowds at Ole Miss, Tennessee, Vandy and others is eye opening! We have got to be smart and safe but we can’t lose out home field edge. We can do both!

The only other thing I can think to try is to have fans record these obnoxious idiots and share it all over social media. And tag Ray Tanner, Caslen and the BOT (if possible) in every single one. If enough of those go viral, that MIGHT force them to act.

Worth a try, I guess.

I worked for United Event Services for some football and basketball games and some concerts here at CLA and in Charlotte for the Live Nation events.
I dont believe we did USC baseball. I thought that was handled by the university.
With that said, unless things have changed as far as policy, we were there to be seen and not heard unless things really got out of hand.
Id be surprised if this was UES.

Reactions: Cola G'Cock
The only other thing I can think to try is to have fans record these obnoxious idiots and share it all over social media. And tag Ray Tanner, Caslen and the BOT (if possible) in every single one. If enough of those go viral, that MIGHT force them to act.

Worth a try, I guess.
That's the plan from here on out. A great many long time fans are fed up, and we fully support the students in this.

I worked for United Event Services for some football and basketball games and some concerts here at CLA and in Charlotte for the Live Nation events.
I dont believe we did USC baseball. I thought that was handled by the university.
With that said, unless things have changed as far as policy, we were there to be seen and not heard unless things really got out of hand.
Id be surprised if this was UES.
It's the same people that work football and basketball. I recognize a lot of the people from both football and baseball. The lady who used to work our section at Football confirmed it a couple years ago. She's also worked baseball a few times over the years too.

Worth a try, I guess.
Excellent plan. Once it hits social media someone will have to address it. Wouldn't surprise me however if they banned phones to stop it :)

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Excellent plan. Once it hits social media someone will have to address it. Wouldn't surprise me however if they banned phones to stop it :)
We've been tagging everyone on posts on Social Media. But perhaps videos will actually get a response. That's one thing that I don't understand. The absolute silence from the Athletic Department on the issue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT