ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone hear does realize we won the NC in 2010 and lost 2 of 3

Yep and the football team is gonna be a dominant force this year just u wait.

Im not saying they cant get it together before the postseason. Just that its unlikely we see anything resembling 2010-2012.

Please stop comparing these teams to tanners teams. Those days are over, we have more errors than hits, that's the reality of our baseball program.

Those teams would be the brakes off this year's team. We are not a very good coached team. Our pitching is average at best in regards to our rotation.(crowe is usually solid) this team can't hit.

I was going to bring up 2010, but then thought twice. Like others have said, that was a Ray Tanner team. This team won't sniff Omaha.

This team hasn't been able to hit with guys on base for the past couple of years. I thought we would have gotten a hitting coach after last season.

Originally posted by Bleedgandb3334:
I hope all of yall are around to eat those words. It's a long season.
Of course they won't own up to being wrong, life long Nellies never do.

I have no problem stating that I'm wrong and will do so if the time comes. It will make me happy to know I was wrong. You guys complain about people being negative or is it just you don't want to hear the reality. We are a shell of the team from a few years ago. Out of all the issues we have, my biggest concern is the lack of emotion and life. Maybe the players have assumed the fans expectations of, "just show up and you will win".

We will be in Omaha. I believe. Let's rally around our boys. We will see Clem5on in Omaha. Then we will beat their little tater heads in man!

Apples and oranges on that comparison, physically this is the weakest looking team I have ever seen . Not that size matters but the weight room must be closed for these guys, we almost look like a high school team at a lot of spots. Again, size doesn't matter but we just look different from years gone by, jmo. Maybe Crowe, Wynkoop and Widener can be studs and pull us through to a solid season.

Thanks BATGIRL. They worry more about childish comments like"won't sniff something" . I really do n ot know why some even act like they care one way or another. Quick to post the "put down" comments BUT follow up with a "hope I am wrong" to CYA. What a bunch of negative jerks!

Originally posted by USCBatgirl21:
And y'all wanted him fired after losing to Clemsux 19-6 that Sunday back in 2010. At least you're consistent in that.
I'll simply state that notwithstanding the loss, I'm disappointed that we not did even seem competitive today.

Of course nobody likes losing to Clemtots but this team "looks" terrible. I understand the value in having a positive outlook but this team will make it hard for many to do so.
This post was edited on 3/2 9:12 PM by Cock_Donor

It really isn't that we lost at home to CU, it was the fashion in which we imploded that has me upset. This team looks physically weak, played very poorly on defense, swung at bad pitches the entire game, or struck out looking. Our best hitter looks lost at the plate. This team could get better, if they don't we will have our worst season in a while. Digression is not what Holbrook is paid good money for, and we are digressing as a program. Lost to Maryland in the regionals at home to end 2014, lose the series to CU, with the two losses being lopsided, and other areas are very concerning. We have one of the nicest facilities in college baseball, two recent NC trophies, and looked like chumps this weekend for the most part. Very fortunate to win Saturday's game. Friday and Monday totally outplayed by Clemson.

Fundamentally, we do not look solid. Whether on offense or defense.

Hope I am wrong!

I agree with the post above, it appears our weight room has been closed all of year... The "battle" statement has left our ballpark

I agree with the post above, it appears our weight room has been closed all of year... The "battle" statement has left our ballpark

Tanner's teams could always score runs and always believed they would. Decent pitching (at best) is what the taters threw with Friday pitcher being very good, but the other two have been and remain average pitchers. Friggin WVU beat them 2 out of 3 in tater-town.
Our team is about like where our football team is right now.
Maybe we peaked the last few years in both sports (at least on the baseball field,, we actually won something)...

Tanner's teams could always score runs and always believed they would. Decent pitching (at best) is what the taters threw with Friday pitcher being very good, but the other two have been and remain average pitchers. Friggin WVU beat them 2 out of 3 in tater-town.
Our team is about like where our football team is right now.
Maybe we peaked the last few years in both sports (at least on the baseball field,, we actually won something)...

Originally posted by Bleedgandb3334:
To Clemsux?
Didn't we also get clobbered by double digits in game 3 with Clemson on our home field in 2010?

Plate approach, plate approach, plate approach.

Until we improve our plate approach, or hell, even go to the plate WITH one, our at-bats will not improve & we'll continue leaving a lot of runners on base. Our guys look like they go to the plate with no plan of attack & just hack away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT