ADVERTISEMENT

Everything is fine in our state, right?, since Dabo gets to play his little football game. What a

Clemson will win big. But right now you have to be impressed with GSs DB #20 . Nice INT and another pass breakup. Freshman

Last edited:
tool. I`m betting people on the coast could have used some of the resources being employed in Tigertown today. But Dabo and Dan Rad have their priorities, don`t they?
You do know the weather is clear in tater town and there is a TS on the coast and “the resources” dont mobilize until the storm moves out. Besides rescuers do not stage at any tater game nor do surrounding counties send first responders to the tater game.

Last edited:
You do know the weather is clear in tater town and there is a TS on the coast and “the resources” dont mobilize until the storm moves out. Besides rescuers do not stage at any tater game nor do surrounding counties do not send first responders to the tater game.

Well, the people of NC could sure use some additional help. I guess SC is a stand alone state. There were a number of volunteer rescuers interviewed today that were from SC but yet working in NC. One member of that team was credited with saving a family of five or six, I forget the exact number of that family but I do know it was at least five.

Reactions: rogue cock
Don't have an issue with Clemson playing. And I hate to upset the folks who think USC is morally superior in some way for cancelling. But nothing could be further from the truth. For obvious reasons, Columbia is always more in harms way from a hurricane situation than Clemson. And they had to make the decision to cancel a few days back when all were convinced that the storm was going to wipe out half the coasts of both states. But if the locales were reversed, USC would have played. It's big business folks. Too much money to give up if you don't have to. The decision at USC wasn't made with any empathy for what might happen at the coast. It was made with liability in mind if they did hold the game under conditions predicted when they had to make a call. Because of location Clemson could slow play it a little more. And as it turned out, it didn't rain a drop up there.

Last edited:
I was just thinking the same after looking at this and other recent threads. Seems like he has a dog in the fight.
Im a bulldog 1st and a tater 2nd. I dont hide that fact that Im a tater, but I dont flaunt it either. Im a visitor, I know my place.

Don't have an issue with Clemson playing. And I hate to upset the folks who think USC is morally superior in some way for cancelling. But nothing could be further from the truth. For obvious reasons, Columbia is always more in harms way from a hurricane situation than Clemson. And they had to make the decision to cancel a few days back when all we're convinced that the storm was going to wipe out half the coasts of both states. But if the locales were reversed, USC would have played. It's big business folks. Too much money to give up if you don't have to. The decision at USC wasn't made with any empathy for what was might happen at the coast, it was made with liability in mind if they did hold the game under conditions predicted when they had to make a call. Because of location Clemson could slow play it a little more. And as it turned out, it didn't rain a drop up there.
Hey, had we moved our game up and played, it would have been miserable, but we've done miserable before. And I'm betting all this outrage doesn't happen, either.

Reactions: Triton20x
I don't fault them for playing. The two bucket trucks and crew from our town are on standby and expect to be called but haven't been yet. Our local game warden is leaving to giveaway tonight though he knows not exactly where. If any team could play, college or high school, I say let them play.

Reactions: king ward
tool. I`m betting people on the coast could have used some of the resources being employed in Tigertown today. But Dabo and Dan Rad have their priorities, don`t they?
At the end of the year it’s a win and it is not their job to save anyone. If there was damage I am sure he would have his team in front of the cameras helping out though. I know he would.

Hey, had we moved our game up and played, it would have been miserable, but we've done miserable before. And I'm betting all this outrage doesn't happen, either.
Kentucky 1995. ECU 1996. People waded through water outside the stadium. Lou Holtz first game at NC State was a little bit wet as well. Some hurricane, forget the name.

Last edited:
Kentucky 1995. ECU 1996. People waded through water outside the stadium. Lou Holtz first game at NC State was a little bit as well.
I sat through all three of those. At that ECU game, water was cascading down the risers of the stadium. Of course, we were 0-3 in those games, but I'm just thinking we are better than Marshall.

You do know the weather is clear in tater town and there is a TS on the coast and “the resources” dont mobilize until the storm moves out. Besides rescuers do not stage at any tater game nor do surrounding counties send first responders to the tater game.
This is an outright lie. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE SCDPS SENDS TROOPERS FROM COUNTIES AS FAR AWAY AS MCCORMICK TO WORK THESE GAMES. Quit with the lies. And the rest of your paragraph is also a lie. Every first responder I know left on Wednesday or before. Resources always mobilize before the storm. My son left Wednesday.

This is an outright lie. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE SCDPS SENDS TROOPERS FROM COUNTIES AS FAR AWAY AS MCCORMICK TO WORK THESE GAMES. Quit with the lies. And the rest of your paragraph is also a lie. Every first responder I know left on Wednesday or before. Resources always mobilize before the storm. My son left Wednesday.
Clemson normally has over 100 support staff from the state . It was stated on another site that 16 troopers were used. These were skeleton crew that would not have been sent to the coast. Believe what you like. It's a free world.

Reactions: FJRTiger
I read where they only used 15 state troopers and he rest were oconee, Anderson, and Pickens county deputies.
While I like out helping attitude, the “good ole days” would’ve had everybody playing if it wasn’t dangerous to the players. But now, heck we even protect the players too much imo. The game is losing its luster with all the “protect mommy’s little boy” syndrome. I know that’s not the PC thing to say when disaster strikes, but we’ve gone a little too far imo. Blast away!

Clemson normally has over 100 support staff from the state . It was stated on another site that 16 troopers were used. These were skeleton crew that would not have been sent to the coast. Believe what you like. It's a free world.
I never commented on this game. I know one trooper who normally would be there was in Orangeburg. Normal games they pull troopers in from everywhere. Regardless, Clemson chose to spread an already thin force thinner. Hell, all we have is a skeleton crew of troopers as it is now.

Oh geeze... Im quite aware HP come from all over the state. Many troopers live in one county and work in others. I know one who lives in Charleston and works in Spartanburg. But thats why I specifically stated “rescuers” (EMS) and “first responders” (fire departments). Those are not provided by surrounding counties. But you win, they were in the wrong for playing their game in what amounted to a light rain. Bad call, very bad call.

I never commented on this game. I know one trooper who normally would be there was in Orangeburg. Normal games they pull troopers in from everywhere. Regardless, Clemson chose to spread an already thin force thinner. Hell, all we have is a skeleton crew of troopers as it is now.

My wifes cousins are state troopers and its my understanding that they basically split the state and east of the midline worked the storm and west did their normal work until they were needed for the storm in their area. One of her cousins has worked both Clemson and Carolina games on his weekends off but he was in Horry County because he works a Pee Dee County. I see no issue if they used a few upper state troopers on their day off seeing as how they were not being called in for the storm anyway. As for the bold comment. This is going to be an issue moving forward no matter what. A lot of underlying factors that I wont get into but its been an issue longer that most know.

Reactions: FJRTiger
Well, they had 20mph sustained winds and 1.2" of rain in Orangeburg , glad he was there to help! It was sunny during the game in Clemson. The game against ND during the remanants of Irene were 100x worse on Clemson. I'm all about trying to make rivals look bad but this is just dumb argument.

I would just like to say, anyone trying to convince people that Dabo made a stupid decision to have the game on Saturday is just reaching. First) Dabo don't control that, comes from AD and board. 2nd) any stress on state resources would be shut down immediately from State govt. 3) many people from coast actually used the game as a distraction and a point of entertainment versus stuck in hotel for days. 4) Game was moved to accommodate daylight hours but more importantly people were happy for the nice 8mph breeze so it wasn't so hot.

Watch the interviews from people that went to game. Heck they were 2000 short of sellout for Georgia Southern.

Flame away, but nothing makes sense about criticizing them playing. I only had a half inch rain in Charleston and 2 limbs fell.

Well, they had 20mph sustained winds and 1.2" of rain in Orangeburg , glad he was there to help! It was sunny during the game in Clemson. The game against ND during the remanants of Irene were 100x worse on Clemson. I'm all about trying to make rivals look bad but this is just dumb argument.
Yeah I guess you knew it was going to weaken to a Cat 1 from a Cat 5. The only dumb one is the one who doesn't realize they reversed the lanes on I26 way before landfall. You ever think they sent them down there for that maybe????? Nevermind, it's a rhetorical question. Need me to explain that as well?

My wifes cousins are state troopers and its my understanding that they basically split the state and east of the midline worked the storm and west did their normal work until they were needed for the storm in their area. One of her cousins has worked both Clemson and Carolina games on his weekends off but he was in Horry County because he works a Pee Dee County. I see no issue if they used a few upper state troopers on their day off seeing as how they were not being called in for the storm anyway. As for the bold comment. This is going to be an issue moving forward no matter what. A lot of underlying factors that I wont get into but its been an issue longer that most know.
Nope, that's not how they did it. The troopers I know that went are all upstate.

No way on Earth there was 79000 at that game. I'm convinced all schools inflate by 20%. We had a lot of empties for the UGA game.

No way on Earth there was 79000 at that game. I'm convinced all schools inflate by 20%. We had a lot of empties for the UGA game.
Jeeze, you argue about everything, and you are in Oklahoma? Do you realize that a lot of people left the coast and went to the upstate and game as that was their escape area. You asked what the attendance was and that is what they posted. He gave you the number they announced. Feel free to take it up with Clemson and USC for inflating their attendance numbers.

I would say it was in the mid to upper 60s. The very corners of the upper decks were empty, lower decks were close to capacity. I was actually expecting fewer people to show. We basically treated it like an end of Summer vacation. Left Charleston Wed, outdoor activities Thur and Frid, football Sat and came home Sunday. A number of people we talked to did the same. There were noticeably much fewer police but the traffic was not bad.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I would say it was in the mid to upper 60s. The very corners of the upper decks were empty, lower decks were close to capacity. I was actually expecting fewer people to show. We basically treated it like an end of Summer vacation. Left Charleston Wed, outdoor activities Thur and Frid, football Sat and came home Sunday. A number of people we talked to did the same. There were noticeably much fewer police but the traffic was not bad.
They announced 79k on TV multiple times. News said it gave families opportunity to escape storm and enjoy entertainment. They were surprised at the attendance numbers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT