ADVERTISEMENT

Everything is fine in our state, right?, since Dabo gets to play his little football game. What a

They announced 79k on TV multiple times. News said it gave families opportunity to escape storm and enjoy entertainment. They were surprised at the attendance numbers.
I dont disagree the official attendance was 79K, buy I have been to many a home game where the announced attendance was capacity and you still see significant numbers of empty seats in the corners of the upper deck.
I was really expecting something like 50k but like you said, many used it as a chance to escape the storm and still have a nice day (we did)

Last edited:
Jeeze, you argue about everything, and you are in Oklahoma? Do you realize that a lot of people left the coast and went to the upstate and game as that was their escape area. You asked what the attendance was and that is what they posted. He gave you the number they announced. Feel free to take it up with Clemson and USC for inflating their attendance numbers.
No. I'm not in Oklahoma but anyone with a lick of sense knows Caroluna and Clemson both inflate attendance numbers as all schools do. SC was a sellout. I promise you there were at least 4000 empties. Looking at Clemson on TV there were tons of empties in the uppers and even some in the lowers. Even a Clemson agrees with me. I only speak on things I can prove. I can prove everything I have said. I do not speculate unlike some including all AD offices on attendance.

I would say it was in the mid to upper 60s. The very corners of the upper decks were empty, lower decks were close to capacity. I was actually expecting fewer people to show. We basically treated it like an end of Summer vacation. Left Charleston Wed, outdoor activities Thur and Frid, football Sat and came home Sunday. A number of people we talked to did the same. There were noticeably much fewer police but the traffic was not bad.
That's about what I would estimate as well. No way there 79000 in the seats. I don't know why they lie. I was at a Carolina baseball game and when they announced the attendance I about spit my drink out. I think they announced 5k or something. There was 1800-2000 tops lol. 3 times more empties or more than people. Don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT